Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos v. PAOK

athinaios

This Saturday we're playing PAOK at "home" (what the hell is going on with building that stadium in Votanikos?!).

It's a derby but I can't see PAOK hoping for more than a tie. I think we'll manage to win.

Leto and Ninis are injured and won't play. Petro, Simao are ready. Govou is still drunk I think..

as of now we are playing without fans and i dont see that changing...which is a real shame bc the atmosphere would have been beautiful and would have helped us alot, especially with some key players being out

...its funny to me that olympiakos were not punished for episodia on the same match day as ours...and that this just happends to fall on a derby day :nono: its kind of pathetic though...

anyway, its important to focus on this match and not the external factors...leto needs a miracle to make this match...govous felt a slight pull in yesterdays training session and tomorrow we will see what state he is in...sarriegi is also a question mark but i have a feeling he will make it as will kante. apparently yiourka and petro are good to go as well as lazare, who has been back in full training and making up for his lost ground...

more news to come tomorrow when everyone returns to training...

there have been some reports about govou, not just about his late night partying but about some other attitude problems...apparently he did not re-injure himself and told our physio that he felt a pull before even training yesterday...he needs to shape up, i know he lost his father and maybe hasnt been dealing w it in the right ways but he needs to get serious..if he does not then i wont be upset if we cut his contract...no one is bigger than the club, he is a professional and must act accordingly, if not, i dont want him on the team, i dont care who it is. its uneccesary negative energy that the team does not need...

as i predicted, we will not have fans at the stadium...i will also predict that despite originally not being allowed fans at xanthi, olympiakos will have their fans there with them...

leto announced today that he will miss the match..govou once again didnt train with the team and unless he trains fully tomorrow (which is doubtful) he too will miss the game...

ninis will definitly miss this one as well...some reports indicate that he will be ok for rubin...

petropoulo is not ready yet either and will not be included...i dont understand how a pulled muscle can keep him out for this long, i thought by now he would be ready...

i believe the team will look like this

-----------------------tzorvas-------------------------

---vyntra----boum----sarriegi(kante)---spyro----

---------------gilberto----------simao--------------

----------------------katsouranis-------------------

----------karagounis-------------------------------

------------------------------------------garcia-----

----------------------cisse--------------------------

reports suggest nioplias may use marinos on the right wing (which to me is not a great idea) he also apparently had a tet a tet with mavrias and told him to be ready on sunday...that means our only other attacking options on the bench will be lazaro who is not even completely match fit...the fact that we dont have fans and have so many injuring makes me pessismistic about this match, but thats balanced by the fact that paok are also missing some key players and they have been playing rather poorly so far...lets hope salpi doesnt do to us what he did to paok with us..paok will be thirsty for a result bc they are in dire need of some points...garcia has to have a great game (somehow, i have a feeling he will score in this one, i dont know why, but i have the feeling) and lets hope katsourani and kara continue their good form and lead the team...

Tough game for Pao.No fans in the stadium and missing 3 of your key players it only makes your task harder.I still believe that Paok will not win this one.I see a hard win for Pao or at worse a draw.I want to see how Garcia will work with Cisse and if the Paok defence can stop the french guy.

As for Olympiakos fans comment by my friend pao123 actually getting tickets for our away game against Xanthi,i will remind him that Pao broke the "rule" first with you guys having your fans at Crete 2 weeks ago in your game with Ergotelis even if you guys called them,a few not organized Pao fans on their own assigned gate at the stadium :rolleyes: ...........My personal opinion on the subject is NO.Untill the day that our whole prespective changes about soccer and violence and fan controll i would like to see no away fans in any of the SL games.I know that the small teams want to make some extra money but the fans dont have the right mentality and the police and security people are useless.....+ nobody gets punished or goes to jail for all the bs that are going on....

It's incompetence or just don't want to control the violent fans. Don't tell me that they can't identify, arrest, and convinct persons who destroy and behave violently. Make arrests and prosecute. Do that for a few months and, at the very least, you'll remove the hooligans from these events. They can't be more than a few thousand in the whole country. Most of the other idiots who participate in hooliganism are people who find the opportunity to act without the fear of violence. If there's a high cost for acting foolishly, most people wouldn't do it.

PAOK is capable of damage but I think they're weak this year, especially away from their home.

It's incompetence or just don't want to control the violent fans. Don't tell me that they can't identify, arrest, and convinct persons who destroy and behave violently. Make arrests and prosecute. Do that for a few months and, at the very least, you'll remove the hooligans from these events. They can't be more than a few thousand in the whole country. Most of the other idiots who participate in hooliganism are people who find the opportunity to act without the fear of violence. If there's a high cost for acting foolishly, most people wouldn't do it.

PAOK is capable of damage but I think they're weak this year, especially away from their home.

Athinaios,me and you are in USA so we know or have a pretty good idea of how things should be handled.Try to explain that to the higher ups in greece is the problem.....

PAOK has a bit better control, and since we're prone to making mistakes we should try for another goal, but I don't see chances..

what a pitty to have an empty stadium :(

Actually this is a boring game... one of those you forget by Monday

good win...the first half we controlled the match and created 5,6 chances...we deserved to be at least 3-0 up by half..kresic made some spectacular saves on cisse who also struck the post...

second half we sat back and took advantage of the fact that paok dont have a killer attacking instict...though they had possession in the 2nd, they only created one or two decent chances..luckily our ease didnt punish us...

lazaro actually looked good...he helped ALOT more then leto on defense and general team work rate...

vyntra was our MVP today...not only did he score a rocket but he was all over the place....running up and down the wing, his crosses were actually good today and did a good job of taking vierihna out of the game...bravo vyntr-INHNO :D

This game was "STYMENO".From all the good players that Pao has,Vyntra scored that goalara from far away?????

Sure, it was part of the deal allowing Salpi to go back to Paok.

It had nothing to do with Paok not able to score, especially at away games. :whistle:

Archived