Phantis Forums

Barca v. Panathinaikos

athinaios

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha ha good one Irlande.

I am not sure what can be done. It's not a matter of tactics or players. No matter who we field this kind of game by Barcelona is impossible to defend.

1-3 HT, could have been 1-5 with all the chances they missed. Let's hope we get a little spring in our step in the second half. The are so quick we can't even get near them to impede their progress when they have the ball and when we finally do, they have passed the ball to someone else and they spring forward leaving one or two markers behind the play.

We were lucky to score, but I haven't seen the goal yet (stream buffering every five seconds) but we have barely come out of our half.

How can they be so quick? Do they drink that Asterix potion? Unbelievable!

ha ha good one Irlande.

I am not sure what can be done. It's not a matter of tactics or players. No matter who we field this kind of game by Barcelona is impossible to defend.

1-3 HT, could have been 1-5 with all the chances they missed. Let's hope we get a little spring in our step in the second half. The are so quick we can't even get near them to impede their progress when they have the ball and when we finally do, they have passed the ball to someone else and they spring forward leaving one or two markers behind the play.

We were lucky to score, but I haven't seen the goal yet (stream buffering every five seconds) but we have barely come out of our half.

How can they be so quick? Do they drink that Asterix potion? Unbelievable!

Seeing this game once more it confirms for me that they are so quick mainly because off their movement OFF the ball. Just look at how they create space and time for themselves, as a team!

their third goal was just incredible...absolutely brilliant...

cyber, you will be impressed by our goal, it was pretty beautiful...your lucky you didnt see it though bc you didnt have to have your hopes dashed after 1 minute...

Well, in a weird way, I saw Panathinaikos player hugging and celebrating. Then buffering, then Messi running around celebrating... as I was searching frantically for a better stream. I finally got a better connection just in time to watch Villa score :(

Oh, well, let's treat it as a lesson. Our players are getting schooled and hopefully they learn something. It's not tricks, and just running off the ball. Their trapping and ball control is fantastic. There is no room for a defender to get near them.

I didn't see the first half because of work but i'm home now and have just seen the goals. What can I say? If I was Nioblias I'd be tearing my hair out! Like I said, we had to to 3 things: Vintra to man mark Messi, Simao to mark Xavi and to play narrow to dominate them aerially. So what do we do?

Simao gives Xavi a lifetime to pick out a through ball and Vintra isn't tight enough to Messi so the little man goes through on goal in too easy a fashion to score. Then we go and mess up aerially too and allow them to score from a corner. Is this some kind of joke? <_< Pathetic defending! I don't care how good they are, there's losing and then there's capitulating, and we capitulated!

Sure Barca are brilliant at what they do. They are playing exactly the kind of football everyone expects from them.

Unfortunately Panathinaikos are also playing the kind of football everyone expects them to play........scared timid and lacking in passion. Always on the back foot and letting the other team dictate the game.

Forget that they are playing Barca they would be playing like this against any of the other sides in their group. I have seen nothing new.

Archived