Phantis Forums

Croatia-Greece

Omonoia9

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your pessimism is understandable, after a bad game, but I'm curious to see Santos's ability to make changes in the starting lineup. This was imo, one of Otto's biggest weaknesses.

we will not lose this game today....i see a tie or even a win.....

i saw some positive things in the georgia game...it was an overall poor performance, but i am banking on two things:

1. santos recognizing the mistakes and making the appropriate chnges;

2. the team becoming more comfy with the new system;l

if these things occur, then we will win the game....thats my caveat....

when you go from a man to man marking team to a zone, and you go from a "play not to lose to a play to win mentality" its gonna take some time to believe and execute that that style well enough where it translates into results;

this is the problem otto had all the time - do i develop the youth and risk not qualifying or do I qualify (or try to qualify) with seasoned veterans at the expense of developing the youth?

most of us were bitchin and moaning about "new style, new style, new style" blah bla blah...welll here it is...dont do the typical greek thing and throw the coach and the team under the bus after just one game....

give it a chance to develop...maybe it doesn't but the point is you don't approach any type of development project (whether its a business, a building, a soccer team) with a hit and run mentality - precisely the one we all claim hurts the progress of greek soccer - both home and abroad......

"detox"........thats funny, and a very well said !!!!!

the problem is santos said he wants to adopt a "Spain" type system....i think we dont have the horses to play like spain...i believe more that an Italian type system that still focuses on defense yet counters better with a little more ability to go forward even when we are tied, is a better approach for the skills that i see coming out of greece....

CROATIA

12 Runje(GK)

2 Strnic

3 Simunic

5 Corluka

6 Pranjic

8 Vukojevic

10 Modric

11 Srna(Captain)

18 Olic

19 Kranjcar

21 Petric