Phantis Forums

U-19 NT (Neon)

Ziaka

Guest TheLegend

if we manage to get past this group and do good and maybe get to the final again we must have one nasty future mens team..

is any of this on tv?

I got to see the last 2 games online last time and was extremely impressed by the quality of play on our side :gr:

Eurosport are going to show a few games.

The FA website has indicated which games are going to be broadcasted:

http://www.thefa.com/England/U19s/NewsAndF...ionships_08.htm

Edited by Morphi

Meanwhile, England gets two injuries:

injuries have seen captain Ciaran Clark and striker Daniel Welbeck withdrawn from the trip, but with their replacements in Ben Mee and Tope Obadeyo respectively, (source: The FA)

Too bad for Welbeck :(

Guest TheLegend

Game is about to start

------------------Matsoukas--------------Pavlis

papadopoulos-----Kyrgias------------ninis-----------gentzoglou

galanis--------argyropoulos---------papadopoulos-----barboudis

--------------------------------Babaniotis(Surprise?)

Guest TheLegend

I didnt see the game but is it unfair to assume that a minute 90 penalty awarded (to italy of all teams) has a 50/50 chance of being a dive? :)

I saw bits and pieces of the match. The stream i was useing really sucked and would go down every minute. From what i saw greece did look bad. Pavlis did well to score a pretty nice goal. Ninis was class and was the one who set up the goal. Anyone see the penalty?

Guest TheLegend

loup. The controversy with the penalty from what i hear is that the assistant had his flag up for the offside call but the ref ignored the flag and called a penalty which if he was offsides thats it. plays dead.. you cant call a foul for someone jddged offside..

I cant see a good angle but the guy who headerd the ball to the one who was fouled was offside when he recieved it it seems....

If the linesman had his flag up and the referee chose to ignore it and award a penalty thats a TERRIBLE DISGUSTING CALL that only italy gets...the refs in this world seem to favor italy so its not unbelievable that this could have happened but its disgusting nevertheless... if this ref decided to play on an offside call he should be kicked out from the rest of the tournament and bring in the back up refs

loup. The controversy with the penalty from what i hear is that the assistant had his flag up for the offside call but the ref ignored the flag and called a penalty which if he was offsides thats it. plays dead.. you cant call a foul for someone jddged offside..

I cant see a good angle but the guy who headerd the ball to the one who was fouled was offside when he recieved it it seems....

If the linesman had his flag up and the referee chose to ignore it and award a penalty thats a TERRIBLE DISGUSTING CALL that only italy gets...the refs in this world seem to favor italy so its not unbelievable that this could have happened but its disgusting nevertheless... if this ref decided to play on an offside call he should be kicked out from the rest of the tournament and bring in the back up refs

ouch -- i didnt see that

Thats what I saw!

The two Italyian players on the left wing are wayyyy offside!

Just Italys luck.

Ten men Greece just tied the hosts czech 0-0 after sotiris ninis got a red in the 63rd. Thats very bad for the team because ninis will now be suspended and we will miss him next match. We were lucky to get the draw, czech hit the crossbar in the 90th minute.

Ninis collected two yellow cards. His second was pure stupidity as after being tackled, he jumped up and motioned to the ref to pull a yellow card. Of coruse the ref turned around and gave him one which was his second.

Stupid, stupid, stupid move by Ninis which will cost the team dearly. What lack of discipline and leadership from someone from whom so much is expected.

Now we need a win vs Eng to be in while a tie may or may not suit us depending on what happens between Ita vs CZ.

Ninis collected two yellow cards. His second was pure stupidity as after being tackled, he jumped up and motioned to the ref to pull a yellow card. Of coruse the ref turned around and gave him one which was his second.

Stupid, stupid, stupid move by Ninis which will cost the team dearly. What lack of discipline and leadership from someone from whom so much is expected.

Now we need a win vs Eng to be in while a tie may or may not suit us depending on what happens between Ita vs CZ.

I'm sorry but Ninis can't be blamed for that. There isn't one single sport where a player cannot protest against a refereeing decision. He didn't dive in the box or swear at the referee he protested against a tackle. Yellow cards are part of the rules of the game. A player is allowed to appeal for a penalty so he should be allowed to appeal for a yellow card. If player X fouls player Y and consistently gets away without a booking this will impact the game because player X will have the opportunity to continually stop player Y through illegal means.

The ref is a m#$%!!