Phantis Forums

Greece-Georgia

Omonoia9

Qualifying for UEFA Euro 2012 starts for the ethniki at home against Georgia. This is a good opportunity to get off to a good start. The match will be in Piraeus after WC qualifying was split between Piraeus, Iraklion and Athens.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sifakis has been on fire at the start of this season and really he is a key factor to Aris succes in Europa League.I can understand Santos for picking him but it is a good thing to have 2 young talented guys competing for the spot. :tup:

Based on past performances this should be an easy win for us....but....

dont be surprised if we lose 2-1, or 3-2...

i can see an Albania situation all over again - and, new team, new coach, new style of play gives the team no identity or ILK with which they can execute, shaky defense and the avraaaaaaam factor....

got my blue and white on folks for sure - but been around way tooo long to take this team for granted...

lets see what happens...very very curious.....key key game going into Croatia..

I feel a little uncertain like mangas21,just because of the different system and mentality that Santos expects from the greek players but i really like to see our NT play more attacking and up temp game instead of the DEFENCE like no tomorrow and lets hope for a counter attack or foul/corner kick to score 1 goal.

I'm not concerned about Sifakis but Avraam and Seitaridis certainly worry me. I wish we still had Kyrgiakos :( In terms of the opponent, Ketsbaia worries me. He's a brilliant coach and his ability ability to organise a team is amazing for such an inexperienced coach. Seriously, his grasp of tactics is actually amazing for a man that had never really managed outside of Cyprus. He knows the Greek team well too so i'm a little concerned. The away fixture will worry me more though. I firmly expect us to win this fairly comfortably, 2-0. Salpi and Samaras

collectively our "talent" should - SHOULD - prevail here ...but we've all seen how unity/team work can frustrate even the biggest opponents...

say what u want about otto system, the team knew how to play it...this new system will take some time to gel...

i see torosidis and spiropoulos as the keys here....

enjoy everyone....!!!!

this is embarrassing! the 4-4-2 diamond DOES NOT WORK! I could point to about 5 reasons why it doesn't work but because i can't be bothered to write a super long post i'll simply say we had absolutely no midfield. then we moved to a 4-3-3 and no passion but also a lack of a presence up front. Georgia are not a team we should be using that formation with. We should be playing 3-5-2! Avraam and Papasta are not good enough as a pair to play as a duo but we still need to flood the midfield. On top of that Gekas has been ineffective and is isolated. So play Salpi and Samaras up front. Seitaridis needs to come off with Ninis on for him too. This is ridiculous, we're playing a team about as good as Levadiakos!

1. anybody who ever defends avraaaaam again has no business talking soccer....

2. siet probably had the most touches and did nothing expect lob the ball into the middle - he needs to come off

3. eating the first goal was not such a bad thing in that it forced greece to play this "new offensive" style quicker and push the issue quicker.....

4. that being said - we look like shti........plain and simple.....no cohesion, no unity , no continuity.. not surprised given the new system.......remember when you've been brainwashed for 8 years that you cant play goping forward it takes alittle bit of time to break that "mental cement" and reinvent yourself....

lets see

Archived