Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Omonoia9

Greece-Georgia

Qualifying for UEFA Euro 2012 starts for the ethniki at home against Georgia. This is a good opportunity to get off to a good start. The match will be in Piraeus after WC qualifying was split between Piraeus, Iraklion and Athens.

Santos has claimed that we wants 6 points total from the 2 games (Georgia & Croatia)

Lets get the 3 frist from Georgia and then we move forward.

I hope that we see a different style of play from our side than what we've been known to play since 2004

GL HELLAS

:gr:

A score from our group (Group F):

HALF TIME: Israel 1-1 Malta.

If Malta get a result it will be a nice early boost for us. Israel took an early lead but Malta grew into the game and deserved their equaliser so hopefully they can maintain a high level and get a result.

Unfortunately Israel beat Malta 3-1 with Benayoun grabbing a hatrick if i'm not mistaken so the pressure is on us to perform against Georgia and Croatia

I am excited for this new start. I like Santos so i hope he can do good. Pame gera!!!!

Sifakis has been on fire at the start of this season and really he is a key factor to Aris succes in Europa League.I can understand Santos for picking him but it is a good thing to have 2 young talented guys competing for the spot. :tup:

Based on past performances this should be an easy win for us....but....

dont be surprised if we lose 2-1, or 3-2...

i can see an Albania situation all over again - and, new team, new coach, new style of play gives the team no identity or ILK with which they can execute, shaky defense and the avraaaaaaam factor....

got my blue and white on folks for sure - but been around way tooo long to take this team for granted...

lets see what happens...very very curious.....key key game going into Croatia..

I feel a little uncertain like mangas21,just because of the different system and mentality that Santos expects from the greek players but i really like to see our NT play more attacking and up temp game instead of the DEFENCE like no tomorrow and lets hope for a counter attack or foul/corner kick to score 1 goal.

I'm not concerned about Sifakis but Avraam and Seitaridis certainly worry me. I wish we still had Kyrgiakos :( In terms of the opponent, Ketsbaia worries me. He's a brilliant coach and his ability ability to organise a team is amazing for such an inexperienced coach. Seriously, his grasp of tactics is actually amazing for a man that had never really managed outside of Cyprus. He knows the Greek team well too so i'm a little concerned. The away fixture will worry me more though. I firmly expect us to win this fairly comfortably, 2-0. Salpi and Samaras

You read my mind, Euro2004!

I too am concerned because Timur knows Greek football inside out. Hopefully, tradition will continue and we'll come away with a 3-0 win :)

collectively our "talent" should - SHOULD - prevail here ...but we've all seen how unity/team work can frustrate even the biggest opponents...

say what u want about otto system, the team knew how to play it...this new system will take some time to gel...

i see torosidis and spiropoulos as the keys here....

enjoy everyone....!!!!

We might be down 1 goal but i like our speed and style so far.

i dont agree....we are having more success crossing the ball then playing down the middle...

im glad santos is switching it to a 4-3-3 it will suit us better a think...we need spyro to get forward like seitairidis is too...

we dont look like a very dangerous team...

karagounis is nowhere to be seen...we look like we dont know how to work together..

if we were playing croatia we would be down by acouple more...

this is embarrassing! the 4-4-2 diamond DOES NOT WORK! I could point to about 5 reasons why it doesn't work but because i can't be bothered to write a super long post i'll simply say we had absolutely no midfield. then we moved to a 4-3-3 and no passion but also a lack of a presence up front. Georgia are not a team we should be using that formation with. We should be playing 3-5-2! Avraam and Papasta are not good enough as a pair to play as a duo but we still need to flood the midfield. On top of that Gekas has been ineffective and is isolated. So play Salpi and Samaras up front. Seitaridis needs to come off with Ninis on for him too. This is ridiculous, we're playing a team about as good as Levadiakos!

in my opinion yiourkas has been one of the better players...he has put in alot of dangerous crosses and is getting forward nicely...

take kara out and put ninis in..

1. anybody who ever defends avraaaaam again has no business talking soccer....

2. siet probably had the most touches and did nothing expect lob the ball into the middle - he needs to come off

3. eating the first goal was not such a bad thing in that it forced greece to play this "new offensive" style quicker and push the issue quicker.....

4. that being said - we look like shti........plain and simple.....no cohesion, no unity , no continuity.. not surprised given the new system.......remember when you've been brainwashed for 8 years that you cant play goping forward it takes alittle bit of time to break that "mental cement" and reinvent yourself....

lets see