Phantis Forums
Ziaka

U-21 NT (Elpidon)

Who are some of the big prospects that are looking to have a bright future for the NT?

Has Spanoudakis been playing for the youth team yet? I know he came up thru the German system and was with them for a while.

There's also that Albanian striker for Oly, named Vrusaj or something. I wonder who he'd pick if he has a choice.

Has anyone got the highlights of the game? Androutsos scored 2 Vergos 1 and Tsimikas 1.

Posted (edited)

Big win today 3-0 over the Czech republic. Goals coming from Limnios, Manthatis and Saliakas..the latter scoring when we were down a man after a red to Galanopoulos. Sitting in 1st place with an impressive 20 goals for and only 2 against. Great job so far by Nikopolitis and the players. Skibbe needs to have a closer look at these players if he wants to improve the men's NT offensively.

Edited by AchillesHeel

probably the most talented u21 team i remember in years. they literally could have won 5-0 even playing with a man down for the whole second half. 

galanopoulos will be missed in the next crucial game against czech republic away in september. this and the next one, again away vs croatia will determine whether we qualify or not.

we'll have to win against czech republic and belarus so the against croatia we can play for a draw as well. a possible tie with croatia might rule us out because they still have to play the easy games which will increase their goal average and probably surpass us.

It's disappointing that the youth teams of recent memory haven't been able to translate their success to the senior team.

There was a team headed by Ninis and Mitroglou that made it far in the Euros and then another team w/ Katidis, Mavrias, etc a few years back that lost to Spain in the Euro final.

Sad to see a lot of these guys fall off.

On 28/03/2018 at 6:36 AM, Soprano76 said:

It's disappointing that the youth teams of recent memory haven't been able to translate their success to the senior team.

There was a team headed by Ninis and Mitroglou that made it far in the Euros and then another team w/ Katidis, Mavrias, etc a few years back that lost to Spain in the Euro final.

Sad to see a lot of these guys fall off.

I agree it is sad to see these players not live up to expectations. Mitroglou has done fairly well for himself though. In the u21s Galanopoulos and Androutsos seem like they are the leaders and the most talented of this team. Hopefully if not all at least half these players make something of their career. Tsimikas looks like he has a big career ahead and Limnios is improving and is also very talented. 

I believe if Retsos and Donis were part of this team then I believe this team would go far in the Euro tournament. 

Given current midfield situation, never been a better time for these guys to make their mark in the Ethniki. In the past Katsouranis, Karagounis, Basinas, were players the coach wouldn't budge with, we are  certainly not in that situation anymore, barring Skibbe's obsession with Tziolis lol so anythings possible