Phantis Forums

Leoforos Stadium

jerry

Typical business in Greece, which shows how things "work" there.

I got old waiting for a proper home for our team. Even in this forum, back some 12-15  years ago, we were excited to hear that the new PAO home (not at Leoforos) would be ready for the 100th anniversary which was in ..2008.

• 3 weeks later...

We are playing our Europa league game on the 28th which is next week and new seats are to be placed on the main stand and behind the goal (gate 13) also the VIP suits are expected to be fitted. The next week is going to be a mad rush working on the re-developments. Regarding the new tiers on both sides, if im not wrong we have yet to receive the license for this so there will probably be delays. Hopefully everything goes to plan. 

Although I doubt it, I really hope all the plans will become reality. I saw my first match at Leoforos in April, and I was shocked by how horrible it was, even if my expectations were extremely low. Its by faaaaaar the worst stadium I've ever been to. No team with ambitions can have a stadium like this.

Did you guys hear about lending the stadium to PAS for their euro game?

PAO said offered to help PAS, and announced it, but when some fans objected management took back the offer.

What do you think about it? Should a Greek team help another that's playing a Euro game?

The problem isn't Alafouzos, it's Greece and it's paper mills. It is in Alafouzos interest that the stadium gets upgraded, as Leoforos at it's current form creates minimal financial income. VIP boxes, the new restaurant and higher capacity will improve that somewhat.

What Alafouzos was bullshitting about was getting the building permit within July. Come on we're in Greece, we'll probably never get it, at least not this soon. He knew that all along.

• 1 month later...