Phantis Forums

Panagiotis Tachtsidis ‒ Cfr Cluj

js1000

just signed a 5 year contract with genoa he will earn 400k per year. this is a great opportunity for him and a super contract for someone so young who's hardly played.

according to reports he will spend his first season in serie a on loan to newly promoted cesena

:gr: :tup:

Great move from the kid.

He is 19 years old and considering the position he plays is so important, he has the ability and position to seriously improve.

We need decent attacking midfielders playing (and or developing) at the highest levels as we seem to import all our attacking options from OS and thus struggle to fill these roles in the NT.

Not saying that Tachtsidis is NT material yet, but he has potential.

Edited by Akritis_1944

I'm with Drakos on this, i've never really rated him. He has the tools to succeed because his physical attributes are superb. His tall, athletic, quick and strong. He's technique needs improving but with the right training he could become a good player. He's almost English in his style so Italy could be the right move for him because he'll be forced to work on his limitations. He's known for being a bit of a fool though, clubbing every night, having a bad attitude in training, etc. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up like Choutos. The flip side of the coin is that he kinda reminds me of a young Frank Lampard: athletic, finds space well between the opposition midfield and defends and shoots at every single opportunity. If he works really, really hard he could end up becoming that sort of player. Let's keep our fingers crossed because like Akritis says, we need players like that. First thing's first though, he needs to dump his party-animal-model-girlfriend

• 5 weeks later...

according to reports he will spend his first season in serie a on loan to newly promoted cesena

tachtsidis was officially unveiled today by cesena and has been given the number 9 shirt, seems like he'll get lots of playing time in serie a :tup:

• 5 months later...

oh dear that's not good. He needs to sort his attitude out and realise that his constant nights out are going to ruin his career. He needs to work particularly hard because although he has all the physical attributes, from a technical perspective he needs work, and he's picked a league that is based on technique. Personally i think the Premiership is better suited to the kid.

• 3 months later...

tachtsidis made only 8 appearances (7 starts) for grosseto during his loan spell, not sure what genoa are planning to do with him.

Of all the Greek players with a bad attitude, this guy probably has the worst. Clubbing til the break of dawn every night practically. Not getting into Grosseto's first team is inexcusable considering his talent. I'll be shocked if Genoa keep him

Of all the Greek players with a bad attitude, this guy probably has the worst. Clubbing til the break of dawn every night practically. Not getting into Grosseto's first team is inexcusable considering his talent. I'll be shocked if Genoa keep him

Wow he's come a long way since his time at AEK apparently. Shame.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

has actually been playing a pivotal roll in veronas fight for promotion. has played 25 times (23 as starter) in a total of 27 league matches as hellas sit tied for 3rd. apart from their goalkeeper he has the most league appearances for the team.

he scored his first goal of the season last night vs ascoli in a 2-0 win.

i have a friend from verona that supports hellas and he has been telling me how great tachtsidis has been...good for this kid, he finally started focusing on football..lets see if he can compete in serie a

i also did not realize how fierce the chievo/hellas rivalry was in verona. my friend talks about it like an oly/pao fan would...

• 4 months later...

being linked to ROMA. would be a great move after a VERY solid season with verona. he featured in almost every single match and really drove the team to fight for promotion. apparently zeman, who has taken the reign at roma, is very impressed with him

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/...ason-objectives

glad he seems to have recovered from his stutter steps when he first began his career. we almost lost hope for another talent. hope he makes an impact in Serie A

:gr: :gr:

• 2 weeks later...

being linked to ROMA. would be a great move after a VERY solid season with verona. he featured in almost every single match and really drove the team to fight for promotion. apparently zeman, who has taken the reign at roma, is very impressed with him

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/...ason-objectives

glad he seems to have recovered from his stutter steps when he first began his career. we almost lost hope for another talent. hope he makes an impact in Serie A

:gr: :gr:

its official, he's signed a 5 year contract with roma who paid genoa €2,500,000 for his services.

genoa made decent money out of him and papastathopoulos

very good news for him and the ethniki. zeman seems to put alot of trust and attention into tachtsidi. i watched him tonight vs liverpool and he looked sharp on the ball and assured in possession. his distribution also looks quality and most importantly, his attitude has improved. his posture and work ethic have increased.

im glad to see him make this transfer and hopefully play a big role this season. he has a very long road ahead and must continue to work hard and maintain a good mentality. this could be good news for the national team.

• 7 months later...

was a regular under zeman but has rarely played since his sacking.  he strengthened his claim this weekend after putting in a 70 minute shift in romas   2-0 win at home to parma.  i wanted the match, he played very well, stabilizing the midfield.  roma sit tied in 5th with lazio and inter at 47 points 4 points away from 4th place fiorentina. 

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Argy changed the title to Panagiotis Tachtsidis ‒ U.S. Lecce
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Panagiotis Tachtsidis ‒ Cfr Cluj
  • Argy locked this topic
  • Argy unlocked this topic