Phantis Forums

Greece v. Argentina

athinaios

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone has written us off in a very horrible way. I have not been optimistic about this campaign either way. I think Avram and Vyntra are like playing with nine men, so a win against a ten man Nigeria was a miracle.

But I hope we cause a suprise, I'll be the happiest man in the world. This is the age old David and Goliath fight and Greece defeating Argentina will give all the underdogs and the people who support underdogs hope.

Go greece! Gekas score one, you can't not score in the world cup...

I think Avram and Vyntra are like playing with nine men, so a win against a ten man Nigeria was a miracle.

Lay off the Avraam wagon.....He has not cost Greece anything.

He has compensated for his teammates mistakes with his speed.

Not saying in the past he has been great or that he won't make a mistake against Argentina, I'm just saying in this World Cup he has been solid.

Lay off the Avraam wagon.....He has not cost Greece anything.

He has compensated for his teammates mistakes with his speed.

Not saying in the past he has been great or that he won't make a mistake against Argentina, I'm just saying in this World Cup he has been solid.

No problems with Avraam...has held his own.

Vyntra does not deserve top start!!! Subpar in bothe games. I agree with Irlandos give Giourkas a run with a 5-4-1 will perform well.

keys to the game:

agr will attack: if u attack, you create spaces....greece has to take advantage of those spaces with upfield vision and off the ball movement...

if they do, they have a chance.....if they dont they will get eaten up......thye cant sit back and absorb the pressure for 90 minutes

with no offensive threat the args will send everyone forward

typical p*ssy soccer lineup....it basically screams "you guys suck".......its an embarassment.....

its ironic that the swiss get ZERO negative press even though defense is their hallmark...not to mention italy, who have playing defense first football for years.....difference? italy can attach when they need to, and the swiss, well idont know how they get away with being more defensive than us....

its one thing to say "we play defensively oriented football" (swiis) and, greece who tell the world through their coach "we got no skills to go forward so lets sit back like sitting ducks"

nobody expects brazil like movement form greece, but at a minimum be able to chase a game where u need a few goals.....

anyway, lets see what team shows up today..

remeberm nigeria can still qualify, ironiocally enough....greece loss, with nigeria win, with proper gols differential and who knows...

Sorry to say, but I see the same body language as I did in 1994. THe coach and other players on the pitch with crossed hands waiting aimlessly around. GR players are taking pictures of each other....

This doesn't look like a team that's ready... Or (hopefully) they're relaxed.

Back in 1994 (in the US), someone wrote of that team: "

He's been good (Alexi Lalas). He always refers to Greece and Greek players as "my Greeks" - Unlike that other wiener - Bob Costas - who wanted to separate himself as most as possible from anything Greek during his Athens 2004 coverage (and to date)

Archived