Phantis Forums

GREECE - Nigeria

Irlandos

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox Soccer Channel just now showed the starting 11 according to their sources.

-------------------------------------Tzorvas-------------------------

-----------Seitaridis-----------Kyriakos----------Papastathopoulos

Torosidis-------------Patsatsoglou-------------Tziolis------------Spiropoulos

-----------Salpi------------------Gekas--------------------------Samaras

On a side note, Nigeria will use a 4-3-3

Well I wouldnt regard there sources...... that looks wrong to me. Not even Otto would but Seitaridis as a CB. And we know hes totally opposed to the idea of Torosidis not on the left side. Patsa also cant go 90 mins so he wont start likley although there is a problem with Katsouranis?? Vyntra will be on the right side.

Unfortunatley Prittas is injured too......leaving us with THREE midfielders available as Rehagel is lost it :LOL:

We were horrible with Korea........People say we only lost due to 2 chances.....well when you create nothing, cant pass and Korea is bullying into the area could have had 2 more, the team was garbage.....And they had the nerve to say it was simple mistakes that they lost. :LOL:

Looking at the Greek media this morning-----you really wouldn't be able to tell Greece was even in the World Cup. No articles, headlines nothing.....Dont care how bad the team is, but you seriously have to pay attention when your team is in the World Cup....

Latest Greek sources state it looks like we should expect the following formation, with avraam as libero:

-----------------Tzorvas----------------

---------------Avraam------------------

Vyntra-----Kyrgiakos----Papast---Toro

------------Kats------Tsiolis------------

---Salpi---------Gekas--------samaras/Karagounis

:tdown:

:blink: With this line-up, the strikers/ wingers will get no service at all

tzorvas

toro papastthopoulos kyriakos spyropoulos

kats tziolis

karagounis

salpi/ ninis samaras

gekas

I would rather have players in their natural positions, and play to win. If we get beat by a more talented, or better team so be it. but just throwing guys out there where they are not accustomed to playing is just stupid. <_<

ok its not perfect.....

But look at the positives:

Vyntra isnt a centerback

Charisteas not Right Mid, not even on the field.

Yes, Ninis will bench and thats incredibly stupid.

Katsouranis still has an ethniki jersey, thats also stupid...

its at least better than the retartdation express Otto fielded against Korea.......Were still going to lose--- the difference is can we at least retains some dignity and make it a good game and score a goal.

Lower your expectations guys.....Rehagel has killed the team, this is fact.

All I really want to see today is a point...anything that will keep us from being the first team to go home in the World Cup.

part of me thinks we'll get destroyed 5-0 and be the laughing stock (again) of the world but the othe part of me thinks out of some miricle we will win 2-0, and then the other part of me thinks, ok, greece will play as usual not to loose and it will end 0-0...giving me an exuse to care about argentina smashing the koreans (south)....

But either result i just hope they show a bit more pride...ffs every other team has played with heart but greece simply didnt

Time to show a little heart. If we're gonna play Ottoball, we need to cut out the stupid mistakes. And we need to take a page out of the Swiss book. When you're the underdog, you still eventually have to go for it. The Nigerians are beatable if you play a smart game.

:gr:

Time to show a little heart. If we're gonna play Ottoball, we need to cut out the stupid mistakes. And we need to take a page out of the Swiss book. When you're the underdog, you still eventually have to go for it. The Nigerians are beatable if you play a smart game.

:gr:

Exactly? What is he rambling on about Kaka and Messi? Does Switzerland have a Messi? Does New Zealand have a Kaka?

BS!

They need to stop the excuses and get their act together NOW! (And not in the last game when all is lost like against Spain in Euro 2008).

If Messi and Kaka were playing aggareia, they would have the same lousy results our NT had. :tdown:

We need a coach who can motivate these tembelhanades! Someone in the mold of Andreas Mouratis who used to slap his players silly! :box:

Other than that, I want to see Samaras and Katsouranis go home, Ninis given a chance, Seitaridis playing as he did the last 15' of the S. Korea game, Vyntra out of the CB position, Charisteas out of the lineup (unless we need a goal around the 80'), Karagounis given one last chance, Socrates at CB. And when is Koutsianikoulis going to get a callup? We have no speed on this team!

Fox Soccer Channel just now showed the starting 11 according to their sources.

-------------------------------------Tzorvas-------------------------

-----------Seitaridis-----------Kyriakos----------Papastathopoulos

Torosidis-------------Patsatsoglou-------------Tziolis------------Spiropoulos

-----------Salpi------------------Gekas--------------------------Samaras

Please do not get my hopes up with this lineup.

We can draw up formations in the sand til we're blue and white in the face.

As Irlandos said Otto cannot motivate...when you have this style of team as quoted from Otto ...motivating them to grind out and will there way to a good result ...is the only hope for success.

I see no way we can win unless Tzorvas is Man of the Match!, but there is always a piece of you as a sports fan that thinks you can pull it off....so off from work ( good to be boss) scarf in hand into a caffe filled with Italian and other Euro footy fans to take my lumps and hopefully get a chance to hear Gooooooooooooaaaaaall!

Provlepo 1-3...hoping for 1-0..dare I say 2-0 :gr:

SK doesn't look as good as in their opener, but why would they, they are palying against a team that can pass and control the ferakin ball ;)

In a strange kind of way I am pulling for them but they are already down 1-0.

Yes, it is good to be the boss but sometimes things just don't pan out. I'm stuck in a daylong meeting that can't be changed so the recorder is on and news reports have been forbidden :LOL:

Argentina is simply awesome 2-0 at the 34th with tenacity, speed and ball control (everything we lack but Otto’s style got us there so who am I to judge). It appears second place in this group will be wide open and that's good for Hellas but will only serve to antagonize me a bit more.

Rehhagel said he would happily play open, attacking football if he had some of the world's best players at his disposal.

"If one day we had (Cristiano) Ronaldo, Kaka and (Lionel) Messi in our team then we can certainly play this kind of football," Rehhagel said on the eve of his team's Group B match against Nigeria.

Read story

When is this a**hole going to stop putting down his players? He does it all the time - calling them essentially 'worthless'! When is he going to realize the he is the one screwing things up? Greece has a pool of decent players, just like every other country. If only you (Otto) did the legwork and had your scouts do their jobs properly!

as long as avraaaaaaam is any where near a soccer stadium, we will not win one game...his selection is the barometer of:

1. available talent

2. player selection.

if that is teh lineup, forget it....

smaras is the only offensiv minded guy we have...where is nini? the only guy that can create something....why is spiropoulos not there?

im watching Sponge Bob....fukc this nonsense....

Otto should be fired immediately. What is this joke of a lineup I just heard him putting out!

I also just heard that he has come and said that the team lost because they didn't follow his instructions.

ohh man I would spit on him if I was close! The Nigerians must be counting the goals in their heads.

I am afraid we are going to lose.

I rarely make predictions but here goes.

Nigeria 2 - Ottostan 0

We deserve this karaut basturd!

Archived