Phantis Forums

GREECE - Nigeria

Irlandos

Racism is the stuff of close-minded and rather uneducated people. But, unfortunately, it exists everywhere, including Greece. I'm sure there wil be plenty of places where this will surface while discussing the GR-Nigeria game.

Frankly, I don't allow others (especially the vile ones) to define me. I don't give a damn if they feel racially superior.

As for the game, who can really predict???!! We could attempt some predictions but noone knows what the hell Otto will put on the field. Maybe he'll try to confuse the opponents by playing Vyntra as a goalie and Tzorvas as a striker! :LOL:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can i just add how pathetic the media coverage of the Greek team has been (Greek Media).......

The tournament has been going on and all the headlines and papers are about petty club politics, PAOK coaches, and Salpiggidis transfer etc....

No wonder the team doesnt give a s%$#!. I can't help but feel the team is not the only one who is pretty uninterested in the Worlds best tournament. How can passion for a team that did so magnificent in 2004 totally vanish like that? I mean....Honestly, the last couple years theres just less passion than even in the 90s it feels.

can i just add how pathetic the media coverage of the Greek team has been (Greek Media).......

The tournament has been going on and all the headlines and papers are about petty club politics, PAOK coaches, and Salpiggidis transfer etc....

No wonder the team doesnt give a s%$#!. I can't help but feel the team is not the only one who is pretty uninterested in the Worlds best tournament. How can passion for a team that did so magnificent in 2004 totally vanish like that? I mean....Honestly, the last couple years theres just less passion than even in the 90s it feels.

YES ! ! !

I also noticed that. I practically daily visit the novaspor fm site and it struck me that it was all about "OSFP got this trainer, PAO or AEK are going for that player" etc ...

Seriously annoying ...

Interest in the NT would be there if the team itself was interested in becoming a performing NT. The problem starts from the top and trickles down so until that changes all else is irrelevant. Give me something to be excited about and I will be :gr:

I saw Brazil - North Korea today.

I saw a North Korean crying as his national anthem was being played, because he was that moved to be able to represent his country ...

I saw New Zealand getting robbed of their three points after they got scored upon from an offside position, only to then come back against a stronger team and score, if I'm correct, for the first time in their WC history.

mate the new zealand captain Ryan Nelsen was also crying during the anthem, it was a beautiful moment in our history, our first point in a world cup, our 3rd goal. this is nz's second wc. we played in 82, lost 5-2 to scotland, 4-0 to brazil and 3-0 to russia (i think) ...so i was naturally happy with the 1-0 loss, it would hav been our best result at a wc....but that reid goal was beautiful and pure, much like the dellas goal vs czechs......

people have been dogging nz as easy beats but they play with passion, pride , and as a team we may not have the latin flare of brazil but we play with real football heart.

i hope greece plays well, i mean i hope they actually try to win and dont just f*** about,

mate the new zealand captain Ryan Nelsen was also crying during the anthem, it was a beautiful moment in our history

Another example of pride and passion (or, depending on which way you look at the game, the lack thereof) ... Switzerland beat Spain 0-1 ...

And here we are made to believe by a million excuses that Greece would not be able to beat South Korea? (Or Senegal, Paraguay, North Korea ...)

Another example of pride and passion (or, depending on which way you look at the game, the lack thereof) ... Switzerland beat Spain 0-1 ...

And here we are made to believe by a million excuses that Greece would not be able to beat South Korea? (Or Senegal, Paraguay, North Korea ...)

Switzerland have the feel of a Greece anno 2004. They even have an old german coach! I think it's the team to watch this WC. What passion they showed! :box:

This is a very defensive world cup and plays into the sort of tactics that Rehhagel did so well in Euro 2004 which had more goals scored per game than this tournament.

I am sad, but I think we will lose tomorrow. Rehhagel was always able with the exception of Tsartas to show a united front. Things don't look good now with players speaking to the press. Tsartas was right in that here was a generation of good players, Rehhagel knew what to do with them but with familiarity comes contempt and that's what has happened.

I'm 34 but I am sad to say that modern soccer is very much a young man's game and Otto did what Panagoulias did, reward the old generation by having them tell their grandkids they played in a World Cup. Katsouranis, Patsa, and Charisteas don't belong on the team and Karagounis is burned out, he should only be used as a sub to spark passion. I think that these players deserved to be in a world cup, but they had their shot in 2006 and lost to Albania, time to have the new generation shine; Greece deserved better, the players did and Otto did. But instead tomorrow everyone will have a bad tast in their mouths. Mark my words we'll lose tomorrow and we'll beat a weakened Argentina or tie them.

This style may have gotten you there, by the skin of your teeth I might add, but this style obviously will not get you to the next stage agiristo kefali.

I simply can't believe what I am reading in this report!! I'd like to take that german SOB to the wooshack and spank him until there's no kolos left. No doubt he's gone senile. It’s the media’s fault for giving him the time of day in print. The best policy is to completely ignore him, not even look at him much less acknowledge him.

"We have played always in our way and we have been successful," said the German. "When I started, Greece were in 65th place and we have advanced since [to 13th]. If one day we have Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaká and Lionel Messi in our team, then we can certainly play this kind of football.

- classic defensive answer, aka "look what i did while iwas here"....we all know geece blongs somewhere in the 30's or 40's...13 is a joke....also, nobody is asking him to create another brazil, or portugal style team...just score a fukcin* when u need one." thats all

"Simply there were some individual and unnecessary mistakes [against South Korea]. Tomorrow our team must show it still has an opportunity and it must fight for it with passion. I think we can use our full potential and will present a team that will be ready to give everything for Greece and for themselves."

- again focus on teh defensive mistakes....what about winning O N E freakin corner? what about a shot that actually goes ON THE GOAL..... what about having almost 85 minutes tto try and TIE the game? there is no mention of being able to create or genrate ANT offense....any offense...

The veteran striker Fanis Gekas is also dismissive of the suggestion that Greece are a negative team. "During the preparation we scored quite a few goals," said the 30-year-old, who was the top European scorer in the qualifying stages with 10 goals. "Of course we want to protect our goal but I really don't believe we play too much on the defensive side."

- anothe ridiot....we dont play too much on the defensive side? well there are only three possibiilities...first gekas is dellusional.....2. he is not watching the same game or 3. if he is correct, then theor offense sucks even more than we know it does...

just got an email from three nigerian soccer players, telling me they inherited 20million form their uncle who was presdent of the ACME NIGERIAN INTERNATIONAL EXCELSOIR OIL CONSORTIUM...but they need 50,000 from me as collateral to collect the money....hmmmmmmmm........theses guys sure can multi-task...

eva - weve been saying that for years

.....we have ho middle at all.....or our guys dont push up and play box to box....

either way we have no confidence going forward, cant string two passes together, and and, and and.........

What a stupid statement by Otto. The"style" of crappy football the current team displays will get GR nowhere besides among the worst.

Otto thinks he's got the same players as in 2004 when no one saw GR coming. This is a worse team and players out of position because of the coach.... who since he got the team to success in 2004 he should remain the coach until he's dead, in body, because in mind I think he's already senile.

If Greece had Messi and Kaka they would further embarrass Otto because they'd be lost (probably out of position) on a bad team. Not to mention that if those 2 superstars didn't play on their super-successful teams, they might be sitting on the bench! :LOL: (ie. Ninis).

I see at least 3 goals tomorrow... Guess which way they're going... :P

Fox Soccer Channel just now showed the starting 11 according to their sources.

-------------------------------------Tzorvas-------------------------

-----------Seitaridis-----------Kyriakos----------Papastathopoulos

Torosidis-------------Patsatsoglou-------------Tziolis------------Spiropoulos

-----------Salpi------------------Gekas--------------------------Samaras

On a side note, Nigeria will use a 4-3-3

That seems about right; that is what we used against both legs against Ukraine. This is the correct formation of our players.

I watched the S.Korea game again on Megavideo, and to be honest we were not that bad. It was Vyntra, Katsouranis, and Charisteas who deserve most of the blame. But in all fairness, Vyntra is not a cb and Charisteas not a mid.

Based on Greek news reports, it seems to me that Otto is a lame duck, and someone else is managing the team.

With this formation, we should have a fighting chance against Nigeria tomorrow

Archived