Phantis Forums

Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Lamia)

Euro2004

So the recent results playing horrid teams and squeezing out points has sold u that we have turned a corner.... we r tzavellas wonder striker from almost being out of qualifying.  We have stunk in almost every game. Literally not even 1 really good performance.. 

We have tried multiple lineups over the last 3 years  it never a formation based on 3 CB.. in the quarter finals of euro 2016, 3 teams played that round with 3CB.. 3/8 teams wouldn't be considered rare

I don't understand the hate with mentioning a 3 at the back formation when we actually have a team that is really suited to play this formation.  If I were the coach,  I would have played like this since Santos' last days.  Someone mentioned Watford plays with 3 ATB. Who is their starting Wingback? Holebas. Last year Watford played with 4 ATB and he was nailed to the bench.  Why? Because his defending skills are average at best. Same with Toro. I love the guy but he was always better going forward than defending. Both of them are decent tacklers but are bad at defending space and get lost marking players. Having an extra player at the back to mop up would be very useful to both of them.  Stafylidis is also more of an attacking fullback too.  The last game against Bosnia was one of the worst games I have ever watched the NT play.  If Skibbe comes out with the same philosophy and formation as last game, he should be fired because Belgium will destroy us.  We only have a chance if we play strong at the back and have clever counter attacks. Pretty much the way Wales beat them.

• Like it 1

It's beginning to become clear that Skibbe rates Kpap and will play him at CDM when Sokratis and Manolas are healthy. We are so thin in the middle of the pitch, we cannot afford to have a talent like Papadopoulos sit. Either play him in 3-CB formation or on CDM. 

• Like it 1

On 2/4/2017 at 4:51 PM, Dean97 said:

Once again Papdopoulos proves how good he is. It's unfortunate as he can't play in the Belgium match. I wouldn't mind seeing our 3 CBs playing at the same time as Papadopoulos is needed in the team. I also wouldn't mind seeing him play CDM.

Greece will do fine without him, as long as Sokratis and Manolas play. 

• Like it 1

^yeah that is something you can dream about as CB , you wont see this very often.

the Bild with an article about kyriakos. talking about his value and if Hamburger could pay him. they dont have an option to buy by the way.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bild.de%2Fsport%2Ffussball%2Fkyriakos-papadopoulos%2Fist-unbezahlbar-50313736.bild.html

• Like it 1

You wouldn't think that a shoulder injury should keep him out too long. I'm not sure that he picked up the injury from the match? I didn't see anything that could of injured his shoulder. Could of just slept weird or as we say in Greek "stravo kimithike" & woken up with a stiff neck & shoulder.

It got really ugly for SV Hamburg going down 8-0 to Beyern Munich. The coach will be desperate to get Kyriakos Papadopoulos back in the center of SV Hamburg's defense as the players whom were in SV Hamburg's defense in the 8-0 Munich massacre will be very low in confidence.

played the whole match in yesterday's quarter final cup match against gladbach at home. hamburger came 0-2 behind after they conceded 2 penalties. luckely papadopoulos wasnt at fault for any of them. hamburger scored the 1-2 in extra time. a little article about kyriakos in the match.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.handelsblatt.com%2Fsport-papadopoulos-schwoert-hsv-auf-abstiegskampf-ein%2F19464664.html&edit-text=&act=url

• Argy changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ Free agent
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Lamia)
  • Dutch Eagle pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic