Phantis Forums

Help improve Phantis

Lazarus

The new format looks great!

It has a better layout and the news stories are spread out in a more organized fashion as opposed to the current homepage where everything is jumbled together.

Any plans to give the forums a makeover?!

Any plans to give the forums a makeover?!

Well, the thought is to integrate everything closer together: news-commenting-forums

Along with all other content as well.

One of the big changes is that people can read news stories (whether featured on Phantis or referenced elsewhere) and comment on them (commenting requires registration - just like here).

We might have to start building the forums from scratch - because of data conversion issues that are not resolved. Still working on this.

Again, come and register, and start commenting, etc. Genome will star building the new forum area in a while. We'll start poking around there pretty soon.

Are there any new feature requests (for the forums) that you might want? Let me know and we'll see what can be done about it.

Hi Lazarus, will the new format mean that this current forum will be changed completely? Will it become like a news site where you can simply leave comments, like goal.com and sportdog.gr? Obviously it's not up to me but that will change the very essence of these forums, and they are great as they are. If it's an additional feature then i can understand it but please don't get rid of the current forums

Hi Lazarus, will the new format mean that this current forum will be changed completely? Will it become like a news site where you can simply leave comments, like goal.com and sportdog.gr? Obviously it's not up to me but that will change the very essence of these forums, and they are great as they are. If it's an additional feature then i can understand it but please don't get rid of the current forums

No. The new Phantis will still have a seperate live forum, just like this one ... Well "just like this one" is of course not right, ... It'll be newer, have more functionality, etc etc etc... :tup:

Hi Lazarus, will the new format mean that this current forum will be changed completely? Will it become like a news site where you can simply leave comments, like goal.com and sportdog.gr?

As Genome said: The forums will remain ..the forums! We're just trying to see how we can improve upon them. I think we all love these forums, so all I'm asking is that we put our minds together and see how we make them even better!

Right now, we're trying make the forums work a little 'tighter' with the news section. Maybe that will entice some the thousands of peoples that use the news section daily to join the forums as well.

Archived