Phantis Forums

Greece vs. North Korea

Lazarus

We need to step up basically.

Very good first ten or fifteen minutes, then not much.

Underestimation probably had something to do with it, and our inability to get through a defense with a lot of men back. Trying to walk through defense instead of pass through it etc ... the lacking of the final pass.

Don't get me wrong though, a lot of chances, but against stronger teams we will have serious problems if we play like this ...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half a chance, corner won. Charisteas could've put it away I think...

Karagounis takes the corner ... cleared.

Also will they please take Avraam off? Ok ok he hasn't done anything wrong yet but it's just a matter of time ... :angry:

I don't see any of our guys trying for anything at all. I guess they have no reason to give it an extra effort. Rehhagel is already set in who's playing in South Africa. It's what brought Greece to her knees. Nepotism. I think I had enough!

TBH after the first 10 we should have controlled the game, no mercy and won 4-0, but i think the lazyness hit us,

to be positive, we did score twice, i know they werent spectacular goals but a goal is a goal.

i think the next game will prove what will happen in SA, i have never seen the paraguayans play but I am sure they are a top side and will test our "defense" a lot more than the BK's

TBH after the first 10 we should have controlled the game, no mercy and won 4-0, but i think the lazyness hit us,

to be positive, we did score twice, i know they werent spectacular goals but a goal is a goal.

i think the next game will prove what will happen in SA, i have never seen the paraguayans play but I am sure they are a top side and will test our "defense" a lot more than the BK's

remember how the boys came to th U.S a similar spanking will be the call of the day.

euro agree with your predictions----good article summig up the game. i think the author was being diplomatic:

North Korea forward Jong Tae-Se, dubbed the 'People's Wayne Rooney' by Asian media, scored twice for North Korea in a 2-2 draw with fellow World Cup finalists Greece in a friendly on Tuesday.

Greece twice took the lead but were pegged back by the impressive Japan-based frontman.

Kostas Katsouranis's second-minute strike from close range after defender Sotiris Kyrgiakos headed a Giorgos Karagounis free-kick across goal gave Greece the perfect start.

But the Koreans, with their direct running and incisive passing making the pedestrian Greeks look embarrassingly one-dimensional, dominated the remainder of the half.

North Korea skipper Hong Yong-Jo twice rattled the crossbar and on 23 minutes Jong equalised with a superb long range effort that went in off the underside of the crossbar.

Greece's sole threat stemmed from their set pieces and after making five changes at halftime, they regained the lead through substitute Angelos Charisteas's volley from another Karagounis free-kick.

But Jong showed his class with a clinical finish moments later, controlling a long ball, skipping past Nikos Spiropoulos and then firing powerfully past substitute goalkeeper Alexandros Tzorvas to level again.

Greece, who begin their Group B campaign against South Korea on June 12, struggled to make an impression in a disjointed display and coach Otto Rehhagel will be hoping for an improvement when they continue their preparations against Paraguay on June 2

Absolutely ridiculous. No organisation, no mobility, no creativity, no anything! We're useless, absolutely useless.

Greece 0-2 S.Korea

Greece 0-2 Nigeria

Greece 0-5 Argentina

100% right!!!

One word: Rubbish.

A Quick Run Down of the World Cup Squad

Chalkias - Terrible

Avraam - Looks Lost and Unco

Tziolis - Sh!thouse. What does he do?

Spyropoulos - Average

Krygiakos - Slide Tackling Monkey, Slow

Vyntra - Play him at CB please ..FFS he's not a left or right back. Play him in the middle. Shits on Moras and Avraam

Moras - Deeeeerrrrrrrrr, what day is it!? Xipna re!!!!

Avraam - s**** - in capitols S, K, A, T, A

Katsouranis - Lazy F*ckwit - Showpony!!!!

Patza - Well past his best... which wasn't all that good.

Charisteas - Lethal from set pieces...and nothing else

Kapetanos - Are you serious???

Gekas - Goal poacher only. Ok.

Salpigidis - Looks fast, looks busy... but he's not. Weak left and right foot, poor delivery

The following players are fine

Sifakis

Tzorvas

Giourkas

Papastathopoulos

Torosidis

Karagounis

Ninis

Samaras

How Otto selected Kapetanos over Mitroglou says it all.

KATSOURANIS IS DONKEY - Over n' out!

i hope rehhagel shakes the line up around...with the team that played vs north korea we wont win one game in the group stages...where is papastathopoulos? why isnt this kid starting?? why doesnt he put in tzavellas and give him a try too? tziolis??? why are we starting tziolis? i dont understand..why bring patsazoglou along and put him in instead of ninis?? why did he call kapetanos?? my pappou could,be the leading scorer in romania..half of his goals were penalties anyway...please...

i know he helped win us the euro but seriously, some of his decision really do worry me..he takes charisteas, kapetanos and then leaves mitroglou who is prob our most promising young striker...unless we make it past the group stages and play well i think its time for otto to go after the WC...his time i believe has come...

we are nothing more than just an average side...unfortunately, thats what i see us looking like in the WC...unless the players light a fire up their asses and otto makes some different choices i see us being very dissapointed with our participation in this great event...

Archived