Phantis Forums

Who Should be PAO's leader?

athinaios

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really disturbed by all the garbage coming out of the top leadership of the club.

I do not like the rhetoric, the stances, and the confusion. This will have an adverse effect on the operation of the organization if it's not settled (in a good way) soon.

Here we have a chance to be the dominant team for many years to come and they're screwing it up at the top. Not good, not good at all.

I don't like Vgenopoulos rhetoric. It reminds me of the worst that has come out of ..Pireas.

Anyway, Tzigger is still the #1 stockholder so he controls the game. I just hope we don't have this playboy as the leader again. His tenure will be always connected with the worst long spell of PAO's history.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote for Athinaio :nw:

all the rest are idiots.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yet, contrary to popular belief, I'm not making enough money from Phantis to afford PAO.

But, if I sell Phantis.....

Seriously, though, they won the double, have the better team, have the best prospects in the GR league, we ended a long dry spell, and they fighting publicly. Imagine if we were like gavroi or AEK..... Would they burn down the house?

At least we're consistent..... we are our worst enemies! :(

is it true that ppl like nioblias and antwniou are still not certain if they will be renewed in their respective posts?

if so, does this means our work in the transfer market will be delayed

bc that would be detrimental to our build up

we needed defenders and the only news coming out of the media is this fight bw tzigger and vgenopoulos

sounds like wwf wrestling to me

Typical Greek businessmen. Have no clue what they are doing and they have destroyed a successful structure because their egos are bigger that their brains. Vardinogiannis put up the offer to sell the team and not to take any of the money. Why is not Vgenopoulos calling his bluff? He probably doesn't have any money and he is full of hot air.

Athinaios asked the question about "leader". I think Pateras proved he can "lead" the club and until he screws up, he should retain his presidency. Antoniou did a good job and he should retain his post, and Nioblias won the double and should retain his coaching spot.

Beyond that, the other shareholders should just stop talking and fade into the background. Set up a pool of money in May, give it to the President, and let the team do it's job. Winning titles, playing in CL groups, and bringing the fans to the stadium increase the value of the club (and the shares) so what's with all the posturing in the media?

The shareholders should just sit back, enjoy the games, and show up for the title fiestas. What's so hard about this? Don't they realize that they have lost all credibility?

it appears as though pavlo giannakopoulo is the favorite to take the presidents chair at pao...if i were nioplias, i would fear for my job since it was as a remember correctly the giannakopoulos bros. who did not like his appointment...

P. Giannakopoulos does not want to be involved http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/super-leag...%81%CE%AF%CE%B1

I am personally tired of all these people who want a piece of the club but don't want to get involved with running it (Vardinogiannis, Vgenopoulos, Giannakopoulos). We had Pateras who wanted it, and was good at it, but we got rid of him because he was not easily controlled :rolleyes:

this CRAP needs to be resolved soon...we need to stabilize with enough time to get a full transfer period and preseason in...these clowns need to stop running their mouth and egos and get down to business and help lead the team...how hard is it really to see that you dont MESS with a winning formula...i would have hoped we would have had the same president, coach and technical director next year but i guess im wrong..chances are pateras is gone, will be replaced by some clown, antoniou will get the boot and nioplias will stay...

why can these guys just grow up already?

I completely agree Pao123.

But it looks like these people are clueless and don't know how to run a successful business.

If it works, don't break it. Leave the darn thing alone. Do you see problems with the balance sheets? fix them through less spending or through maximizing income. But don't fire your key personnel!

Typical Greek "inherited money" mentality makes Tzigger think everyone is replaceable (did the guy ever take a business class? and where does his money really come from?) and this has been our plight for over 15 years now. It's a shame that the other shareholders are all acting like idiots.

Monday is the last day on Antoniou and Nioblias' contract! If they don't decide to renew them in our Friday meeting, they are both free to pursue other endeavors.

Why did they have to screw up a perfectly good winning team? Tzigger takes the lion share of idiocy here, but Bgenopoulos and the Gianakopouloi have been acting weird too. :angry:

There is a silver lining to the crisis: that Friday's board meeting will produce a president, either by reinstating Pateras or electing someone else, maybe Pavlos Yannakopoulos and the PAE will then be able to look ahead to summer transfers and put the soap opera spectacle behind it. The major shareholder will have to decide with whom he will ally himself, and that should be evryone's final answer.

I'm of the beleif that sports teams like clubs that have lasted over 100 years, should most definitley NOT be privately owned Profit seeking enterprises......

PAO should be a non profit, like Real Madrid or Barcelona or many bundesliga clubs - interest is solely in the best of the club, and earnings are retained and reinvested in the team. Anybody can become a member and appointments can be elected. The club would be responsible for its own financing, through ads, loans, benefactors etc.

Vgenopoulos mentioned 2 years ago the stakeholder instead of share holder concept.....I'm not sure how PAO is structured but minority share holders and erasitexni at least should be non PSE.

Look at Barcelona...They operate purely for Barcelona CF. They are a socially owned club. They're history, size, and fanbase has made them low risk so financing the team has no difficulty... They're so important to the city of Barcelona, and nation of Catalunya, that they don't need private owners to pour money into the club. And in the time of economic crisis, the club remains fine --- becuase all the assets of the club, belong to the CLUB. Its not like having owner whos finances are struggling has to hurt the team to save himself, or spend less this season etc...Nobody OWNS Barcelona except Barcelona.

Look at Berlusconi and Milan last summer.....because hes such an irresponsible jackass in his personal life, he took in 70 million in the transfer season....and spent 20 million back on the club, which predictably was a rubbish season. and Milan fans suffer, because their team for 100 years is just an investment grounds for Berlusconi...

Why the hell should Vardinogiannis decide the future of the team, when at heart club belongs to those who love and support it???? Or anybody???

First, I agree that a soccer club should be a non-profit organization. It shouldn't be a private "tsiflik".... otherwise the club is being used by the owner for private gain--financial, social, political.

Second, there's a particular culture... a way of doing things in GR including runniing of corporation and a way of behaving...

It's interesting to observe how those rich men behave and the kind of rhetoric they use...

Now as far as $ goes, for years I've been saying that there's a big problem in GR with footbal. It may be very popular but it's losing big money. Running a team with current budgets creates big deficits. How do you solve this?

By the way, what do you think of VP Antonis Antoniadis?

I'm of the beleif that sports teams like clubs that have lasted over 100 years, should most definitley NOT be privately owned Profit seeking enterprises......

PAO should be a non profit, like Real Madrid or Barcelona or many bundesliga clubs - interest is solely in the best of the club, and earnings are retained and reinvested in the team. Anybody can become a member and appointments can be elected. The club would be responsible for its own financing, through ads, loans, benefactors etc.

:nw: And this should be the same for all big clubs in Greece.

it was announced today that antoniou will no longer be the technical director of the club anymore...im less upset about this then if nioplias does not get renewed..he made some great signings but also cost the team unneccesary money (ie melissis/lazaros)

The criticism of wasting money is kind of silly, and I would argue that Antoniou was successful in his mission of two years.

He came in mid-summer and the eager-to-impress shareholders gave him the money and a wink to sweep the market. Melissis was a promising defender, and Christodoulopoulos one of the talents with the most potential in Greece. Cleyton also was the hottest name in the market if you remember.

With the spending spree we also put all competition in the transfer market our of commission because they knew they could not compete. I think it's disingenuous of Giannakopoulos to be criticizing two years later for moves done in a rush and with no infrastructure in place. Still he brought Gilberto at a very low price (what was it, 1.2 m?).

The next season when Antoniou had time to plan and when the coach became more involved, the transfers were almost perfect. Besides, no matter what, or who the manager is, transfers can never be guaranteed to succeed and large percentage become flops.

The bottom line is that our team changed for the better with the transfers Antoniou made in the last two years and we won the double.

Maybe instead of looking at the flops we can see the successful transfers (Gilberto on the cheap, Katsouranis, Leto, Cisse, Seitaridis, Marinos)

Let's see who the new manager is going to be and what moves he is going to make. What are the names out there? I've heard some off the wall rumors about Vryza, Asanovic (pack the team with Croatian talents anyone?), Rocha, Ivic.

who else?

he didnt strengthen the defence as required though was his biggest mistake

sure he brought in bjasmar but thats a future prospect. we needed a ready made solution. marinos again was brought in as a prospect and he turned out great,

seitaridis i wouldnt say was a complete success but was glad he came bak.

the melissis transfer was completely expensive and as you say yourself, compare his price with gilberto....

the roukavina transfer can now also be deemed not successful (in my opinion). I think that was 1.1 mill.

at the time cleyton was a good transfer so no problems there.

the lazaros transfer i really think was more the board and pateras doing as well as antoniou bc it was at the time they just got together and wanted to fight off osfp signing him to show strength. but a couple of weeks later we lost a.papadopoulos signature to them (thank god though) lol

apart from this....your right, id prefer antoniou over asanovic for example bc then we would have a team full of croatians!

im not sure who they will sign. asanovic does sound like a realistic chance.

maybe even henriksen?

apparently three of the choices for replacing antoniou are rene henriksen, paolo souza and giannis samaras...

in my opinion we should have kept antoniou...but hey, im the type that doesnt like changing a winning formula...

Today, Andoniadis (first VP) resigned saying that Tzigger was bypassing him.

It's not a good sign that so many people are leaving. The new officers will have to re-discover the wheel ...

By the way, Noblias contract has expired.... and without a leadership no decision can be made.

Archived