Phantis Forums

Atromitos-Panathinaikos

trifilli

I really doubt they will punish the stadium for the game with Iraklis.

There are many reasons not to.

With the title secured it's a good bet it's going to be a capacity crowd. Why would they deny the team the receipts and all the associated taxes and fees that everyone will benefit from?

Also, how horrible would it look to have the fiesta on an empty stadium. They would be knocking out the image of their own product.

A heavy fine would probably be forthcoming, or a "technical" delay on the decision that could impose a possible ban for the first game next season.

But everything is possible in Greek football.

I totally agree with you.

The reason would be that this opposition would be coming from the Reds --- they want to deny PAO those receipts etc.

Totally agree about knocking their own image. lets be honest, this is one of the few times ever that a team like Iraklis will bring in an away audience 60-70000 fans.

Superleague has only so many highlights of big games, and they include only PAO-OSFP, PAO-AEK, & OSFP-AEK + occasionally PAOK and Aris games.

Every other game is generally not an event...When the highlights of European football in some other countries go to mention the League champion in greece secured w/ a win against Iraklis (hopefully) do you really want them to show a quick clip of the goal and celebrations in a barren Olympic Stadium? Just delay the punishment for next year...OK UK wont be showing it, but Eurosports Eurogoals will, and so will sport news of our emerging Balkan markets next door. Only a fool lets this opportunity go to waste over punishments that every other team is guilty of, not to mention PAOK did the same things in both derbies with PAO and AEK and saw nothing at all...

Its not like we'd be getting awarded a title winning 3 points for a 1-0 loss :angry:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be a fiesta Apr 11.

Bans do not work. Never did, never will.

The kind of subhuman which commits atrocities that warrant a ban for his team, DOES NOT CARE about anyone or anything, other than his own a$$

Punishing teams, does nothing to prevent scum like that,

only throwing them in jail will.

Having won the league with a nice win vs "giraios"

we should play many subs at PAS (twice) and

enjoy a fun OAKA cup final on the 24.

Does anyone have the stats for the most goals scored in the Greek league in a single season?

Mauros, I believe, scored 25 in an 18 team season.

Cisse may be close to a per game record.

PEACE

but how many penalty shots??!! :P

Speaking of penalty shots, I begin to worry about Cisse's. The last 3 weren't good. 2 hit the post (and he conveted on the rebound) and 1 (last game) he blasted it straight through the center.

Speaking of penalty shots, I begin to worry about Cisse's. The last 3 weren't good. 2 hit the post (and he conveted on the rebound) and 1 (last game) he blasted it straight through the center.

5 shots ..4 goals for Cisse

Cisse is a limited player. He's quick and he can come through for us but he lacks dimension; he loses control easily and he doesn't create on his own. Decent player but not great.

Cisse is a limited player. He's quick and he can come through for us but he lacks dimension; he loses control easily and he doesn't create on his own. Decent player but not great.
he is a great goalscorer...maybe not great all around but we signed him up to score goals and he has done just that...its not his job to create, its his job to put the ball into the back of the net

he is a great goalscorer...maybe not great all around but we signed him up to score goals and he has done just that...its not his job to create, its his job to put the ball into the back of the net
dont know if he's a good goalie either :blink: He has speed & can bury the ball, what more do you want from a striker. Lets face it, we are where we are because of him. Picture this team without him.. 4th place.

Now lets get some quality defence, cause Cisse is not a good defender. :blink:

... Cisse is not a good defender. :blink:

:LOL: Actually, he did pretty good defending when opponents took corners, and I saw him plenty of times tracking all the way back to chase opponents when we were pressed into our box. Class act with a mania for winning and skills that can't be matched by 90% of defenders.

BTW, we are active in the defender area and it looks like we might be getting Pogatetz for free:

http://www.middlesbrough.vitalfootball.co....le.asp?a=193712

It looks like a good defender and on a free transfer it would leave more money for a better RW man.

:LOL: Actually, he did pretty good defending when opponents took corners, and I saw him plenty of times tracking all the way back to chase opponents when we were pressed into our box. Class act with a mania for winning and skills that can't be matched by 90% of defenders.

BTW, we are active in the defender area and it looks like we might be getting Pogatetz for free:

http://www.middlesbrough.vitalfootball.co....le.asp?a=193712

It looks like a good defender and on a free transfer it would leave more money for a better RW man.

you're probably right, with this defence he probably is the best defender :D

but on a serious note, im glad to see that they finally figured out that this defence sucks badly & are willing to address this

Archived