Phantis Forums

Latest score

Dubes

2) AEK has more problems than one. The departure of Bajevits, that starts appearing inevitable, will not be the end of them.

And no one is saying that he is the sole problem......his departure will not all of a sudden make things bright and sunny again.

He is A problem. We have about a handful problems which are serious....he is a serious one.

Question: Does anyonehonestly beleive that the players are 100% behind the coach.

That is a 100% true statement. Not all the players are behind him and I would say that there some that are AGAINST him. But think about it logically... If you were one of the older players who is used to playing all the time and suddenly your coach is out buying and trying out younger players to TAKE YOUR PLACE... wouldnt you be pissed and dispise him? Or if you were a player that used to play all the time and now you dont do to your poor performance or because there is someone better than you on the team, wouldnt you dispise the coach? These are the classic situations that happen all around the world. I think that is one of things going on here. Sure there are players that probably dislike him for the person that he is or the way he coaches... but that happens on every team with every coach.

that happens on every team with every coach.

Yes, and No!

There is strife within each team. Athletes at a high level are known for big egos and lack of objectivity. Nevertheless, half-reasonable people in reasonably run teams do support each other because otherwise the team will go nowhere. So that the normal behavior would be for a player to support, during a game, a fellow player whom he dislikes and for a player to support his coach and vice versa. When the internal strife becomes so intense that outsiders can see it, you know that the team has big problems.

For me the Georgeas statement (it is a personal problem, therefore go solve it on your own) is a break with the usual pattern that goes along the lines of the unstated thought of

he is an ###hole, I hate his guts, and the team would be better off with another coach, but for as long as he is the coach of the team we have something in common that I will protect.

In the end, the question cannot be if the players are 100% behind Bajevits in the literal sense but rather if they are so pissed that either they are consciously undermining him or are unable to function as a team.

I think it's evident that Bajevic has lost the dressing rooms.

To tell you the truth I will repeat what the Mouse told me this summer. Big Mak signed Bajevic so he could strip the club of its assets. Now Stathis is holding on to him so AEK's finances are not the main discussion between the fans.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, AEK are desperately in need of an inspiration. Things can only get worse if they remain as they are.

I dont think thats the problem.......I think the issue is that some players see him as concentrating more on fighting back rather than coaching. Not turning up to training and these types of things have illustrated to the world that he is more interested in other things.

I beleive that like Demis, a few players didnt want him to come back. Hence, holding grudges.

Archived