Phantis Forums

APOEL-Omonoia

Omonoia9

Final match of the Cypriot regular season, and it's a dandy. The Lefkosia derby! APOEL is the designated home team in this one. No matter what, Omonoia will finish 1st in the regular season. But they can do themselves a lot of favors, if they can win this one. Omonoia have enjoyed great form since the return of starting keeper Antonis Giorgallidis, but in recent years have struggled to beat APOEL, no matter the conditions. If things can be different this time, it just may deal the final blow, and end Omonoia's 7 years championship drought. O-OMONOIA!

Omonoia wins it on Mixalis Konstantinou's late winner, and finish the regular season 7 points clear at the top! We're coming 2009-2010 title!

Omonoia wins it on Mixalis Konstantinou's late winner, and finish the regular season 7 points clear at the top! We're coming 2009-2010 title!

Er, excuse me sir, don't get carried away, you're 4 points clear at the top with 6 play off games to go ;)

congrats to omonoia...

i really like this efrem kid...he looks like he could develop into a really nice little player...

didnt he play for arsenals youth team??

Well technically, it's not over yet, but I feel good about our chances at this point. Efrem I think did play in England, not sure where, but he's been great for us this season, and it's nice to see all these big pieces finally coming together to do something special.

As you can see by the lineups, Christofi didn't even play yesterday, but he's definitely full of potential. Efrem is a starter, and he and Aloneftis have been our best players this year. Once Giorgallidis came back, everything started coming together, since we were losing games on Kotsolis alone. Kotsolis is a PAO reject, and is fine as an Omonoia backup, but he wasn't going to be able to carry us.

Er, excuse me sir, don't get carried away, you're 4 points clear at the top with 6 play off games to go ;)

Wow, I didn't realize Anorthosi AND Apollonas passed APOEL. Final standings up in the stadndings thread

It's as good as over, Euro!  :)

Omonia cannot be caught this year  :nono:

why re Irlandos? If Omonoia lose 1 game they're lead is down to 1 point.

Guys, Efrem was at Arsenal's youth team, he was also at Rangers but only featured for Dundee Utd on loan before moving to Omonia. He's an unusual case because there's no way Arsenal or Rangers would have let him go if they thought he was the real deal (he's only 20) but in Cyprus they rate him highly. Perhaps a move to Greece might be the next step for him.

Archived