Phantis Forums

Standard Liege-Panathinaikos

pao123

so we are missing basically all our wing backs for this game..no darlas, no spyropoulos, and now no marinos...byarsmyr might have a chance at centre bac with kante and vyntra on the wings or katsouranis will play centre back and gilberto karagounis and ninis will play in the middle...rukavina might fill in for salpi as well...i hope none of our players get injured in this one bc we are running out of defenders..marinos may not even make the game vs olympiakos...

seitaridis and gabriel have both been named in the squad that will travel...it would be nice if gabriel started getting fit considering our injury problems in the defense..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we go in to half time at 0-1 or 0-2, it'll be possible. I consider it a waste of time as I've said. I'd like to see the 2nd team play while the key players are healing up and rested for more important matters on Sunday.

A crippled 2nd rate defense and a 3-0 win in Belgium is asking a lot.

Weve got to really be excellent, lucky, and not suck in defense. Not high odds. If theyre really going to play full strength than hopefully they at least take something positive to lead them into the derby. Another 3-1 hammering does better for the young players than it does the first team.

I read Seitaridis isnt able to play either. Simao can fill at CB.

If we go in to half time at 0-1 or 0-2, it'll be possible. I consider it a waste of time as I've said. I'd like to see the 2nd team play while the key players are healing up and rested for more important matters on Sunday.

A crippled 2nd rate defense and a 3-0 win in Belgium is asking a lot.

Weve got to really be excellent, lucky, and not suck in defense. Not high odds. If theyre really going to play full strength than hopefully they at least take something positive to lead them into the derby. Another 3-1 hammering does better for the young players than it does the first team.

I read Seitaridis isnt able to play either. Simao can fill at CB.

simao is suspended from this match...

seitaridis can play...prob not for very long but he is "healthy" the problem is that he has an injury in his achilles ( i believe) that requires clean up surgery but is not neccesary immediately...he was deciding whether to get the surgery and totally risk him losing a chance at going to south africa but being fit for next season or seeing if there was any possible way he would get into the team and get the surgery later...

since he wont be going to south africa he will probably choose to get the surgery soon..unless rehhagel plays 'favorites' again and we see a half fit seitaridis in the team :tdown:

Frankly, I'd not even chance Cisse. It's crazy to have any more cards, injuries and spent energy 3 days before a huge game for the Greek league.

Honestly, this was lost last week because of 2 horrible mistakes by Galino. It's over, let's look ahead, get 2 titles, be in the CL next season.

This year with the playoffs, the world cup and the CL qualifiers, we can't afford to not get the title and go directly to the CL.

Yes, europe is PAO's destiny but let's be realistic this season. We don't have the team to go very high, yet.

1 year ago, this time, we're all very upset. If anyone told me that next season we'd be the clear favorites to win the double..... (need say more?)

This year with the playoffs, the world cup and the CL qualifiers, we can't afford to not get the title and go directly to the CL.

Agreed 100%.

The title isn't sealed. Losing the title now would be a massive massive blow to the players, club, fans harder than anything in recent history. We simply CANT afford to lose it. We need to be back in the CL, get that money and continue this "dynasty" we want to create. If it screws up here, were back to the very beggining.

People who take the title for granted even at this point are in my mind very naive and the same ones who thought it was over when were at +8.

OSFP may be in s%$#! form, but derbies are derbies, they're coming to OAKA disregarding there entire season and focusing on not giving us cause to celebrate. Besides in games against non-crap teams PAO typically conceeds goals.

I don't want to think about it, but its quite possible OSFP does beat us unless were focused and prepared for that game and at our best.

And being back to +2 sure we can win 3 games, but I can see us dropping points to PAS--- especially if were "on the spot" and can't afford to fail. The title for all effective purposes, needs to end in OAKA this sunday.

Standard is a really unimportant game thats basically over. As a fan i'd rather have a title season to rememeber where we demolished OSFP as the cherry on the cake. THATS what fans remember. Europe doesnt care about Europa League and neither PAO nor Standard is going to last to the Semifinal bar another miracle or fluke.

Next year is the time to take Europe at highest priority when were in the CL. This year was only ever about the title. At least we told ourselves when we were getting hammered by Sparta, GS, Atletico etc. Now we pretend like passing by Standard Liege in the round of 16 of the UEFA Cup is "glory"?

We've seen horrible tragedies before at this club. I don't want to even be in a position where its possible to not go into the last games with total confidence of the title or clinched it already. I want to finish with 10 points more than OSFP. I want to win this title without idiot PAOK fans claiming that they lost the title because of Spathas (which would be the stupidest claim ever seeing as he did quite a fair job --- PAOK on the other hand were torn apart by Aris in the most one sided derby of the season, even more so than our own 3-0 in OSFP). Title is going to have to become more of a priority.

We scored 3 against Roma in a short space of time, but the scenario was very unique and wont exist tommorow. We got a questionable penalty, and 1-1. Ninis has a random moment of rare brillliance when Roma are stunned, 1-2. Roma throw everything forward in the panic again and get caught again...... If we score against Standard, they're not going to panic and throw forward giving us the opportunity to hit them again because they don't need to like Roma did. They'll even cower back and close the game up a bit and will be expecting to counterattack us from the begining anyways.

Oh wow.......this is RETARTED.

Mbokani "I am better than Djibril Cisse".

He says specifically hes better technically and that in a few months, you'll see I'm better.

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Europe/EuropaL...ege/266688.html

FYI, if you've never heard of Domercy Bokani, he's the player tearing up the Belgian League with 4 goals this season. (20 matches)

Oh wow.......this is RETARTED.

Mbokani "I am better than Djibril Cisse".

He says specifically hes better technically and that in a few months, you'll see I'm better.

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Europe/EuropaL...ege/266688.html

FYI, if you've never heard of Domercy Bokani, he's the player tearing up the Belgian League with 4 goals this season. (20 matches)

This is why the first game should've been taken more seriously, now you have a crappy no-good team crapping all over you :D ...

I have to say though I've seen him play (Mbokani) here in Belgium (on tv that is) and the man truly is great ... as a stand up comedian :D ... HAHAHAHA better than Cisse what a joker :LOL: ...

the line up is....

tzorvas, kante, vyntra, byarsmyr, sarriegi, gilberto, katsouranis, karagounis, salpi, leto and cisse...

ninis, rukavina, KARNEZIS, lazaro, gabriel, petropoulos and cleyton on the bench...

i thought salpi would rest for this one...

standard fnas are good tonight.

Then again its their biggest game in decadres probably....

Not happy with the lineup. This is not worth the struggle if iwe don't have a goal or two by half its time to retreat and tone it down and focus on sunday.

good goal by Bojangles.

But I'm still not convinced hes better than Cisse....

Anyways this one is over. I prey Nioplias call it quits this game DOESNT matter.

Standard are going home next round. If PAO strains themself for 4 goals and somehow succeeds (not going to happen) then will we go home next round.

Lets focus on the priorities now. Do we want to strain ourselves just to take us to extra time? We really need to be 100% for sunday.

Archived