Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2010

pao123

the problem is that we wont sign the centre back the fans want or the team need if we are willing to offer them only 1.5 mill max year. if we do, then it would be considered a massive signing. a gallas-type cb is one that we desperately need...BUT reports also say gallas' signing bonus may get up to 1 mill, which may make up for 500.000 extra he wants a year...if we want a great centre back, we will need to pay the money...otherwise we'll just end up with da costa or someone of his caliber.

in saying this, i also think gallas is a big greedy...if he wont sign bc there is a 500.000 euro difference then good riddance. 1.5/year x 3 year = 4.5 + 1 mill signing bonus = 5.5 plus whatever else bonuses he'll receive... sounds like a very fair deal to me..

we will sign fernandez and i think galino will leave...if not i dont have a problem w him staying as our third choice...hes been at the club for a while and could be a good leader and influence..if we pick up a young third choice he'll end up like karnezi and get no time..we also have the young croat who is going to the preseason camp as well...

reports suggest temptings offers from outside greece have come for seitaridis and manztio. we have both vyntra and marino for the right and yiourkas has bad injury problems...we shoulduse those offers to get the centre back we need...

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morris sucked ass when he was here. And just because he played in spain doesnt make him good...

Sariegui played in spain for 9 years.

Besides we have enough short quick CBs...

We are lacking in Air dominant Cbs

Gallas will sign with Pao.. you read it here first

According to pretty much everyone (greek, british and french media, the president of PSG, etc) Gallas will sign for PAO! :tup:

It was also reported today in the UK that Kyrgiakos is not wanted by new Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson and is available for transfer. We should go for a double swoop = gallas and kyrgiakos. that will tie up the league title from now! :P

Morris sucked ass when he was here. And just because he played in spain doesnt make him good...

Sariegui played in spain for 9 years.

Besides we have enough short quick CBs...

We are lacking in Air dominant Cbs

Gallas will sign with Pao.. you read it here first

Morris played a s%$#! ton better than Sariegui thats for sure, and since he's been gone our back line has sunk to much worse levels. Hes not starting quality, but would be solid for a backup CB.

Also, no i really didnt' read Gallas will sign with PAO first from you either. Been reading that for nearly a month now.

U been hearing rumours that he will sign... I made it official.. :P

Morris sucked man. When he was here, we had a horrible defence.

Last year we were 2nd in the league only 1 goal more then PAOK.. and they apparently had a dominant D.

Im not saying we are good but Morris would be a step back. We need Air Dominant CBs. someone that can win a header.. and morris doesnt fit that bill. sariegui will be used occasionally especially if we sign Gallas. He will be the type to come in late in games when we are ahead and teams try crossing into our box for late goals. And he is fine that way. Sariegui sucks when we play high up, which we do when we are hunting for goals because he is slow.

Plus he hustles like a bull.

well Im not lamenting the loss of Morris too much. For a short CB he was better than what we got. I'd only ever want him as a substitute too.

Speaking of let go CB's, I thought David supposedly ended up really improved and was a top CB in Brazil, we should have kept him no? Also......Jonathan Mensah.....we were dumb as hell to let that one go.

Gabriel should have got the axe instead.....better to have a promising young CB take up a foreign spot rather than 1/5 of our Right backs (Seitaridis, Marinos, Vyntra, even Moon is back from loan no)......oh well too late now.....

Pity about Mensah and HTC. Could have been like having another Simao drop on your doorstep...

moon is going back to south africa on loan...ajax cape town i believe..

seitaridis and manztios are being looked at seriously from portsmouth..with their president i believe coming to athens in the next couple of days with a concrete offer...

gabriel is rumored to return to fluminense soon

rukavina is being linked with dinamo zagreb.

apparently both rukavina and gabriel have been looking very good in training though, but i dont believe they will stay with the team.....i say sell gabriel and send ruka on loan...

the first couple years morris looked like he could be henriksens replacement but unfortunately he had an extreme poor last season (2007 i believe) with us and was scapegoated for our failures...last year he i believe he only played a handfull of matches w santander bc of some contractual disputes...

not signing mensah was a terrible decision in my book..he definitly would have turned into a simao type player....just another HTC failure like sending ivan and mattos away from the team...

ioannidis is close to being released from iraklis and will probably join up with the team sometime next week...

yes i have this feeling

it appears kris has no chance of coming anyways to us, re-signing with lyon

and i think the more it drags on with gallas the more likely he wont come.

and pre-season has already commenced so if we dont sign someone soon thy risk falling behind in preparation and not be as ready for start of the season,

not to mention they risk not finding an alternative solution.

the alternative seems to be manuel da costa from west ham. ive read mixed reviews on the west ham fans forum so not sure what to make of this, but i dont think his the same class as gallas (even at 32)

i read that mantzios has no problems with going to portsmouth, but seitaridis isnt interested,

as for david, he seemed like a great prospect but he seems mentally unstable to make it pro in europe (at least thats the judgement i make). the kid has played in brazil this season and seems like he doesnt want to return to greece from some comments he makes time to time.

last i heard pao were negotiating with flamengo for 50-50 rights (?) who knows

i think its good yiourkas doesnt want to go to portsmouth...i think we can sell him at a higher price than mantzio, not bc of his potential or ability to really play, but just because of his name..portsmouth have very little money and i dont see them being able to offer too much for both players...manztio should not go for less than a million but i have a feeling he will go for less..

i think the agreement with flamengo for david is 400.000 for 60% of his rights...i think that this is decent dealing on our part, but not great..i think we could have negotiated alittle higher..i too agree with you adoni, he doesnt seem ready for europe...regardless anything we get for him is profit bc if i remember correctly we got him on a free transfer...so in that respect its a decent deal, but in a year or twos time i see him going for 3-4 million...

according to reports portsmouth want yiourkas and mantzios for kevin prince boateng.

rukavina is also rejecting a switch back to croatia...

davids deal is almost 500.000 for 60% of his rights...

fernandez is very close to signing for pao.

cleyton may return to brazil with vasco de gama.

one more day w/o a centre back signing... :tdown:

marcelo mattos has agreed to a one year loan deal with brazilian club botafogo..

apparently we have agreed with bochum for a one-year loan with an option to buy daniel fernandez and he will be coming to athens to sign shortly..

i still dont understand the point of signing a keeper

we have tzorvas, galinovic and karnezis as back up

is this guy going to improve on this list?

i think karnezi wants to start playing more regularly and asked to be sent out on loan...fernandez will move into the second position and galinovic will either leave (doubtful) or move down to third...

fernandez is a good keeper...to remind everyone he was one of the keepers portugal brough to the world cup and may even fight tzorvas a bit for the spot...

For Cris and Gallas i think that Pao has the upper hand and waits to see who says yes first.Pao has made better offers to both players than any other team out there and the good thing is that i believe that the players agent will be running at some point at your offers.Just a few more hours/days patience is what you guys need.

ioannidis secured his release from iraklis and will be a pao player very shortly

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/283923

reports from france also say that psg have upped their offer to gallas to 2m for 2 yrs compared to our 1.5 mill

http://www.sportdog.gr/v3/article.aspx?id=140151

u read it here first....we wont sign either kris or gallas the way things are going!

I'm pretty much with Adonis on this, if Gallas signs i'm be shocked. Cris is more likely but he's no where near as good as Gallas. However I think the most realistic move will be for Da Costa who is poor! Much worse than either of the other 2.

Archived