Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2010

pao123

Guys Ninis is a good young player, but he's not a match winner. He's an excellent part of a unit but he can be replaced. Rumours from England are that Martin Petrov of Man City is available from approx 7m euros. He's is twice the player that Ninis is. I'd sell Ninis, buy Petrov and put the remaining money towards a great centre-back (instead of the 34 year old Bardon that is looking like the most likely option).

Remember, I'm not saying that Ninis isn't a good player, but

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys Ninis is a good young player, but he's not a match winner. He's an excellent part of a unit but he can be replaced. Rumours from England are that Martin Petrov of Man City is available from approx 7m euros. He's is twice the player that Ninis is. I'd sell Ninis, buy Petrov and put the remaining money towards a great centre-back (instead of the 34 year old Bardon that is looking like the most likely option).

Remember, I'm not saying that Ninis isn't a good player, but

just read that Michael Ballak is linked to PAO at 16 mil euros over 3 years, dont know how he were to come here. I would be pleasantly shocked. he would be the best player in Greece's superleague. He will be adding more miles during the world cup, it may be wise to go after him after the world cup, as he has been injury prone.

In this economy the reports that our budget is going to be about 5m are more credible. There is no way we pay our entire budget for one player. We need at least three players CB, RW, LW (backup leto) for sure and we can cover other backup needs (LB, DM, GK) with youth that doesn't cost much.

In such scenario, players out of contract make sense, and if we have to pay transfer fees they would range around 1 or 1.5. One thing that always escapes fans is that player salaries for the first year, taxes, and agent fees usually fit under the given budget.

That's why the reports on Moras make some sense (1.5 m out of 5 leaves 3.5 for two more players) and the Ballak seems dumb.

Now, if we do get a budget set for over 5 or 6 m this year I will fall off my chair.

I wouldnt be suprised if he went back to Leverkusen......

Its just a rumour, Ballack at PAO i doubt it....PAO isnt super rich, and the economy is bad particularly banks such as Vgenopoulos' Maritime Financial...

But, we are going to be getting money from the CL, as we are in the group stages 100%...

Anyways I don't want to play budget speculator becuase the finances of the club really are way above the heads of speculating fans.

The club aims to sign players.... I dont expect stars, I expect smart singings.....Tzavelas, Moras to start with.

We don't need more strikers, and midfield isn't high priority....Defense is high priority...We'll get harassed in Europe again if we don't have a respectable defense.....

PAO like all other major Greek teams are running big deficits. I know the team will get $$$ for being in the CL, but the bad state of the economy and people's (fans) own finances, plus less $ from sponsors & adds, will definitely have an effect on the budget.

I agree with Drakos, the team shouldn't try to impress the fans but sign smart players. Noblias now has the ability to further shape the team. I'm hopeful.

I would actually be happy if we bought Moras, Tzavelas, a decent RW and promoted a couple of youngsters from the golden team.

Of course I would be happier with a couple of big names like Ballak and a 3 million euro CB and promoted a couple of youngsters for backup GK and LB. Ballak is on a free transfer and if he wanted to come for around 3 m per year for two years, I think it would be worth it and could happen.

I never thought a name like Cisse or Gilberto would come to PAO, and now that both have been reviving their careers, PAO has a better chance of landing such players. I thinks the Ballak rumor is BS, but not as big as BS as we think.

This Dindane guy looks good and he seems to favor a move to Panathinaikos

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...ansfers&cc=5901

I thought he was a striker, but TransferMarket shows him as a forward who can play anywhere. Not sure how he would link with Cisse, but my first impression is that he would be an improvement over Salpi.

I'll watch him closely in the FA final against Chelsea.

Euro, any scouting reports?

He was the only reason I watched the game, which ended up being entertaining. He looks like a stronger version of Salpi. He could trap the ball with his back to the goal without losing his balance when defenders charged him from behind. His dribbling seemed better than Salpi's but not that much better, and his speed seems just about the same. He doesn't seem to have the same work rate as Salpi, although he did help his RB a lot. He won a penalty going around the defender with speed. Because of his upper body strength the defender had to drop him. If this was salpi he would be pushed aside by the defender's bulk pushing on his side. Dindane stood his ground and moved forward so (I think it was) Beleti ended up tripping him in the box. He also had a couple really nice crosses from the right, but also a couple of floaters. In this game, he looked kind of awkward receiving the ball in the box for a final shot. The first time he attempted a left footed shot that was mistimed and the second time he missed it all together (Teri deflected it slightly with the knee). Definetly a right-footed. By comparison, I think Salpi has better shot with his left foot.

I would be happy if we got him and I think he would be a nightmare for many a LB in our league. Yesterday he was playing against top-notch opposition and still managed to make an impact. He and Cisse would make a nice tandem going forward with speed and power on the counter in our CL games.

What did you think?

i thought he was pretty good as well

need to remember that he was playing against the best team in england at the moment and world class defenders in a cup final, where nerves could affect the performance of the best of players

he seemed to hold his own at RM and as cyber said also helped out his RB

penalty was all him (cant believe they missed that penalty though!!!!!!!)

he seemed ok controlling the ball and running down the wing with it

dun really remember him shooting, but then again pompeys chances were very limited.

id say he'd be a good buy.

Apparently Govou is linked to us and even wants to come to PAO...(so the papers claim)......

Govou-Cisse duo would be amazing. But, if were going to play Sari-Vyntra-Kante in the back....We still won't make it past the group stage in CL so it would be wasted money. We need good defenders, then with a Govou up top we'd be fantastic....But we can't be a good team until we have defense. And its a shame to have players like Cisse and Gilberto, Leto on the team, only for their efforts to be dragged down by the worst PAO back line in years...

This Dindane guy looks good and he seems to favor a move to Panathinaikos

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...ansfers&cc=5901

I thought he was a striker, but TransferMarket shows him as a forward who can play anywhere. Not sure how he would link with Cisse, but my first impression is that he would be an improvement over Salpi.

I'll watch him closely in the FA final against Chelsea.

Euro, any scouting reports?

Hi Cyber, (hi everyone)

haven't been on in a while. I'm not too sure what to make of Dindane, he has one good game then five bad ones but he's a stronger league than ours so perhaps he'd come good. I've seen alot of him though and one thing everyone should bare in mind is that the FA Cup final was one of Dindane's better performances this season. He isn't always as effective as that, and he certainly isn't capable of playing wide right as effectively on a regular basis. Considering that he's supposed to be a replacement for Salpi that might be an issue. He's not bad, just not great. So personally I'd prefer Govou. Govou is available on a free transfer and is much better than Dindane, and if we believe the reports, he's open to a move to PAO.

haha thanks cyber :P

No Athinaios we should not take it. Goals are worth their weight in gold and Cisse has proved he can score a huge amount of goals in Greece. No less than 20m euros should be accepted (which would effectively price him out of a move). Bare in mind that now he's also now in the French world cup squad ahead of Benzema so he doesn't just offer us goals, he brings us prestige. His mere presence allows players like Govou to consider us as a serious destination. We must keep Cisse

Archived