Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2010

pao123

On another note and i am going to be 100% honest.The Nemeth thing that is going on right now in Greece is retarted as far as i am concerned.Pao had an offer and a specific proposal,Nemeth on a loan for a year and then next year buy,Liverpool said no,Olympiakos came afterwards and paid the 2 mil to get him now and also gave up 25% on a future sale.For me that does not hurt Pao or make OSFP better.SL has not even started yet.It is just the red press selling papers and praising Marinakis and for the green press to say we have a better one Cisse but also in the same time to attack Tzigger.And those kind of "attacks" will be in my eyes the biggest enemy for Pao this year.Instead of people focusing on how much improved your team is or how well the players are playing,they are waiting for a small mistake or a not good result to start war again.....that is the shame in all of that and i hope i am proven wrong but ...........

To go back into the transfers rumours now,the Nemeth story might actually work in your advantage if your management proves smart this time.Trezege or Scocco coming now as a result of the "negative" press will work lovely for you guys.Any of these guys will elevate your team into another level.Starting Cicce and then put Trezege for the second half,especially in the SL.....ouhhh i would like to watch that.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

firstly, i agree with you crazy BUT the facts are this...two years ago when our club "transformation" began everyone was excited because we were going to see the end of the vardinogianni era (even though he still was the majority shareholder)..that, to us, meant that we would see the end of cheap, half-fast signings and poor return of investment on the money the team is making actually on improving the team...it meant the end of an era where the team was used as a money-making mechanism and turned into a cyclical investment, where the bulk of the money made, would be re-invested in the team...pateras, vgeno had that idea in their heads, thats what they wanted for the team, and it showed..in two years we managed to improve our team 100x over and take the double...

this year we seemed to be stepping at least ALITTLE in the right direction by keeping our squad intact and improving the team where needed, but everyone is afraid of the team turning back into what it once was, and this kills us pao fans bc we had endured years of failure bc on insufficient management...

i dont want to see HALF-FAST signings, even if its just as a back up to cisse...

secondly, youre right about the signing of nemeth..BUT its not just the signing that bothers us, its that fact that our management missed an opportunity to strengthen the team by signing a worthy back-up bc we didnt want to spend a small sum of money, a sum that we can cover EASILY in our bank role...the reason why this is such an issue in the paper and amongst fans has nothing to do with nemeth himself...he is not an INCREDIBLE or GAME CHANGING player...its bc oly signed him when pao were interested..if pao werent linked with nemeth, no one would make a big deal about him signing to oly, no one would really care..as a matter of fact, oly fans would be more upset bc nemeth is not an answer for your starting lineup or goalscoring woes...but the fact that we were interested, softens the blows and makes marinakis out to be some sort of hero...

third, neither scocco or trez would come to pao...scocco wants a starting role on a team and we cannot offer that to him...our starting attack is set, he would not be able to displace anyone in there...had we not signed govou, maybe, but he would not come to pao if he was not guarenteed a starting spot...trez would not come for the same reason...firstly bc juve made announcements saying they are keeping him and secondly bc he would not go from a team where he is on the bench, to another team in a lesser league where he would be on the bench...its just not logical, if we didnt have cisse then i would believe it..

lastly, according to reports galinovic is not going to kavala...he wants to be close to his family in athens bc his child has some serious health issues...he is considering hanging up his boots to spend more time with his family...

sorry about the long post, i dont have work today!!! :D

I think u meant Half-assed :)

Scocco would feature for Pao in at least 18 to 20 games...

There are injuries, resting (don tforget we play sunday-- wednesday til decemeber)

Plus im sure.. against many teams... we would have a 4-1-4-1 with 1dm (prob Gilberto) and a front 5 of Govou-Ninis-Cisse-Leto and Kara

Scocco could easily slip into Kara's spot. Kara cant play 30 games anymore even though his mind tells him he can.. His body wont handle it...

With boumsong Kats ansd Gilberto in the back.... we coudl do lots of damage with that lineup...

Just my thoughts...

we will play a 4-2-3-1 all season...with maybe afew excpetion we will see that every game...im not denying scocco would see game time but he will not see the starting lineup and he wouldnt come unless we guarenteed him a starting spot...i know what your saying about injuries and resting, but under nioplias we will not see any sort of rotation...our squad right now is versatile enough to replace one, two or three missing players in our starting 11...dont forget, nioplias sees marinos as a midfielder as well and not a defender...

agreed....i too think kezman would be a good signing

he could definately offer something as support to cisse and as 2nd option striker....

given timing, cisse's injury, and news coming from the club is that we will sign another striker. i think kezman will be odds on fav to sign with us.

def dun want blanco. and i too think its bs

hasnt he played europa league? if so is he cup tied with champions league?

i dont get it? werent we looking for a fwd to back cisse up?? instead we got a back up for leto...he can play as a left and right winger and possibly dekari but is not a striker...i assume govou will be our third choice striker now and luis garcia is there to fill in the wings...he can also play as a SS

im not very satisfied with this signing...we needed a bit more depth in our wings but i was expecting a striker who had strength on the wings, not an out and out winger that doesnt play as a striker...

the only positives are that it gives us more depth on the BOTH wings and that we only signed him on a one-year 600.000 contract...not to mention he has played on some of the top clubs in the world, has won a CL trophy and has european expereince...

im sure he'll do ok in greece but what kind of conditioning is he in if he was released from santander?

i was expecting something better than this...he used to be a great player but was XALIA last year....lets hope he finds his feet in greece...

i would also like to add that 4,5 years ago we would sign a player like this as a starter and now we are picking him up as a sub, which is another positive in my eyes..

luis garcia made it to athens today to sign a one year 600.000 contract...he said he started preseason with santader and after being released has spent the last two weeks training on his own and that in 15 days he will be completely ready...

ok some news...

cleyton is going to on loan to metalurg..we will be receiving around 250.000

garcia passed the medical and has signed a contract...

leontiou is leaving for ilioupoli..either on loan or as a free transfer...

apparently manztios' departure is imminent and if it occurs, we may pick up another striker...

we turned down a deal for leto from wolfsburg...

some youth news as well...

we signed nir mansour on to a professional contract today....he is a 19 year old left back...i think he will turn out really well for us and could be seeing him with the first team within a year or two...ive heard he is a very gifted player, he used to play at real madrids academies...

17 y.o spyros fourlanos (centre midfielder) signed a professional contract with us today as well...psv were apparently interested in bringing him to holland but we got him signed on...

Greek press are retarted.They were reporting all morning that Pao might lose one of the key starting players and they had everybody on edge and apparently Matias Biarsmir will be leaving.......good and nice player but not a KEY of Pao squad...idiots man..

Rozenburg might be the player's destination but not sure yet if it is on a loan or sell.

I don't understand how a player like Biarsmir is leaving now. First, he's a defenseman (and we need options there), and second if a player has been playing and training with the first squad how can he leave now before we are certain we have another one (better?) to replace him. Maybe Noblias knows better. I hope they asked him. B)

As for Garcia, I'm on the fense. $600K seems a lot for a backup. If he truly gives us options as to positions, maybe it's a good signing. We'll see. Obviously they're not convinced so they only gave him 1 year and he took it.... hmmmm

i dont mind byarsmyr leaving..he didnt have a spot on the team and was nt good enough to be honest....listen, we have boumsong, kante, sarriegi, vyntra and even kats that can play as centre backs...i would have to say 4 is more than enough...(even if they arent that great :D ) i dont feel like we even need to replace him...

he has good potential, but it surely not good enough yet...if we replace him, i want it to be someone who will start with boumsong, if thats not the case, then dont sign anyone...

athinaios...600K alot for a substitute? i dont agree man..most of our starters make over a million and the ones that dont, come close...

moon is officially going on loan to golden arrows in s africa....

http://www.leoforos.gr/article/3243/sten-m...timo-o-melisses

finally we found a destination for melissis..it looks like his deal is complete and that they are still discussing for the departure of manztio to maritimo as well

news reports indicate melissis will leave on a straight sale and they are looking at manztios for a loan, but he appears to be holding out for an offer from spain...im interested to see how much freitas will try to pry for melissis who came for a whopping 2 million (one of the worst deals i believe antoniou had made) im sure the figure will not even be one million though...

pali ta idia me ton manztios vlepw...waiting until the last minute and not finding anything good in time...it appears to me he is playing games with pao so he can be released for a free transfer..

i would of liked bjarsmir to stay

i personally dun see how we have improved on defence this season

sure we have added boumsong but im still not convinced he is the solution.

we loaned out bjasmir who was not proven yet but given his age, build, and recommendation by henriksen could of made a good career at us.

we resigned sarriegi which was a terrible decision, we could of let him go and bring in someone as an upgrade. has sarriegi featured much in the new season?

i just read that bjasmyr had a 4 yr contract with us - or still does, so perhaps we mite see him back next season.

rosenborg also have option to buy as well so we shall see how that goes for them.

in short, the transfer season for us has been very average.

i still dont know what all these scouts we have are doing

Archived