Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2010

pao123

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree...finally the management have had a summer where they say 'we are not selling our stars for ANYTHING'

not only that but reports suggest cisse will be one of our captains this year...

ninis, leto, silva and cisse have all been subject to rumours and offers and we have turned down everything...that shows our seriousness this year...finally vardino and co. get the picture...

latest reports are heavily linking gabriel with gremio...

of all the players we have on our transfer list gabriel has the highest salary with 550.000 i believe and he has 2 more years on his contract...that will hopefully free up some space for us...

I have many chilean friends from my days working in restaurants.. used to follow chilean league..

Suazo is a pure goal scorer. a true box CF

not much speed... but killer in front and great insticnt.

Id rather get Nemeth just for future potential

mmm not sure if i'd prefer Nemeth to be honest. In the short term Suazo would be better, without a doubt in my opinion. You're right about Nemeth as a prospect but the question is, how long are we honestly going to keep him if he improves considerably? 3 yeards? The fact is IF Nemeth reaches Suazo's level within the next 3 years he'd be a very good, young forward, and we might not be able to hold on to him. Greek teams don't get to keep top young players for 10 years, etc. So because we have enough young players now I'd rather have Suazo for the immediate impact

Nemeth is also someone that can be very versatile in case of injuries..

Ninis and govou can easily be replaced by Nemeth... I always liked him though so maybe im biased...

That kid can play...

Besides.. if wee buy him for 2m and then turn around and sell him in 3 years for 6 or 7.. maybe its worth it.?

reports suggest that gabriel is very close to closing a loan deal with gremio of brazil...unfortunately bc of time restaints (the transfer window in brazil closes in acouple days) and his high wage demands, we will cover half of his salary (250.000)..i believe its a decent deal and opens up our wages and roster a bit...

galinovic is reported to be closing his loan deal with kavala in the next couple days and we will cover a bit of his salary as well..

the cleyton, manztios deals are apparently close to being finalised and no word on melissis yet...

i would have liked it if the players we loan we dont have to cover a portion of their salaries but its better than nothing i guess...we will be saving ourselves alittle over 500.000 euros this year between galinovic and gabriel...which could cover someone like nemeth's salary

i too would prefer nemeth...i like seeing young prospects like him getting into the squad...not only is he one for the future (which our turnover could be fantastic) but he is versatile and can cover alot of positions...he can play as a striker, second striker or even as a winger if need be...he is fast, good technically, has a good pass and can finish...not to mention his wage demands will be alot lower than an older more 'experienced' player...if we can get him for less than 2 million i say go for it, we can definitly AT LEAST double his value in acouple years...

Nemeth is also someone that can be very versatile in case of injuries..

Ninis and govou can easily be replaced by Nemeth... I always liked him though so maybe im biased...

That kid can play...

Besides.. if wee buy him for 2m and then turn around and sell him in 3 years for 6 or 7.. maybe its worth it.?

You are completely 100% right, however i just feel as though we are more equipped to cope with an injury to ninis or govou than we are if Cisse gets injured. That's why i think it's imperative we get a goalscorer, which is why i'd rather have Suazo

why is it we have so many players loaned out rather than just selling them off for a reasonable price

it seems we always have trouble with the sale of players

i dun rem a case of selling anyone off and us been compensated properly for it

we lost kara on a free back when he went to inter

we sold giourkas to porto before euro when after it his price went up

not sure what happened with basinas and kyriagkos

luberopoulos on a free

nikopolidis on a free

the palto on a free

mattos is still out on loan

ivanschitz is still out on loan

tziolis - not sure what happened

morris released

more recently roukavina left for wat? less than 1m

and now gabriel on loan, mantzios on loan,

and then theres a whole heap of really crap players that just left on a free

i mean are we a buying club or a selling club?

seems like were neither to me!

i just hope the day ninis leaves (which will happen one day) we get a decent amount for it!

I agree Euro2004...

If Cisse gets injured... Suazo can step in.. but has never really played euro football and has become injury prone recently.. Plus his wages are at 1.8 per year..

Nemeth is young, has tons of talent... and can Also replace Cisse if injured... Maybe he wont as well as Suazo.. but he is also a wildcard... HE can replace Cisse... but he can also replace Ninis or Govou.

Its like a 3 in 1....

Plus im of the mentality that Speed wins. and in Nioplias system... Nemeth would fit like a glove...

i agree there are some problems with our selling...the problem recently is that the players that were frozen out of the club were players that did not find another club immediately and sat the bench for a while..its hard to sell cleyton when he hasnt played in a year...who will buy him for a good figure? tziolis was in the same position..

manztios this time apparently will leave on a permanent transfer not a loan...

which foreign team is going to buy melissi when he played for larissa on loan last year? no team will pick him up without a trial period, he doesnt want to trial but he also doesnt want to stay in greece...

for mattos and gabriel re-selling them back to brazil is tough bc their contracts are fairly high for a brazilian club to handle...they get a taste of the player and then afterward see whether they want to buy them...mattos got unlucky bc he got injured while at corinthians and they didnt want to pick him up...remember acouple years ago portsmouth were about to pick him up for a nice fee but we wanted to keep him (then ten cate ruined him) i guarentee that had he had a full and GOOD season last year at corinthians he would be back on the team this year...

its so true though, we have spent so much time trying to buy well these last couple years that we forgot that we need to do well selling too...to also be fair though its not ONLY the clubs job to sell players who have contracts, the players/agents usually bring the offers to the club...some players like manztios/tziolis were more concered with collecting a good salary then finding another team to play for (which was the case last year with manztio over the summer) and some are too stubborn (ie melissis who REFUSES to go on trial in germany) the players have contracts and unfortunately if they choose to stay with the team (even if they are out of the coachs plans) they are entitled by their contracts to do so...

so it seems this summer our philosophy is try to cut down on contract payments and not make selling at the highest price a priority...i am opposed to this but it will save some money...some of our selling problems go back to antoniou and when ten cate was the coach...

adonis

We sold Tziolis for 1mm ruka we sold for 800 but have a 30% clause for furture sale.

Mantzios is still with us. Mattos ha sbeen loaned out 3 times for a total of 1,1m Ivan was loaned out for 400k with a buy out of 1m

Gabriel will be loaned out for 400k

Just because we send them on loan... doesnt mean we get no money..

For example we loaned Mantzio to Eintracht for 400k and to anorthosis for 200k

So we actually made 600k for Mantzio and we still have him

Tziolis was loaned out to werder for 300k two years ago....

We actually made good money with these players and then either sold them or had them returned.

Tziolis cost us 200k and we sold him for 1, plus the 300k for the loan to Werder.

Mantzios cost us 300k and we loaned him out for 600k so far....

We cant expect to make money on our transfers playing for the greek league...

Oly got lucky and sold Nery Palto for 15 but spent 7 on belluschi and sold him for 5

they spent 10 on Diogo..

3 on Derbyshire.... loaned him out for 500k and the most they will get is another 2...

Greek teams lose money this way..

Although we bought Cisse and LEto for a total of 11 million..

We are gonna get 25 from CL play that these players helped us get.

adonis

We sold Tziolis for 1mm ruka we sold for 800 but have a 30% clause for furture sale.

Mantzios is still with us. Mattos ha sbeen loaned out 3 times for a total of 1,1m Ivan was loaned out for 400k with a buy out of 1m

Gabriel will be loaned out for 400k

Just because we send them on loan... doesnt mean we get no money..

For example we loaned Mantzio to Eintracht for 400k and to anorthosis for 200k

So we actually made 600k for Mantzio and we still have him

Tziolis was loaned out to werder for 300k two years ago....

We actually made good money with these players and then either sold them or had them returned.

Tziolis cost us 200k and we sold him for 1, plus the 300k for the loan to Werder.

Mantzios cost us 300k and we loaned him out for 600k so far....

We cant expect to make money on our transfers playing for the greek league...

Oly got lucky and sold Nery Palto for 15 but spent 7 on belluschi and sold him for 5

they spent 10 on Diogo..

3 on Derbyshire.... loaned him out for 500k and the most they will get is another 2...

Greek teams lose money this way..

Although we bought Cisse and LEto for a total of 11 million..

We are gonna get 25 from CL play that these players helped us get.

yeh ok im not looking at wat oly does, im focussing on what we do

mantzios cost us 300k in 2005, ok, and he really quite hasnt established himself for wateva reason.

clearly he doesnt fit in our plans so why keep him on the books and loan him out.

same with tziolis. i mean instead of loaning him out to bremen when it appeared they wanted him why not sell him, but even then they wanted only 1mill for him

which really is peanuts in european football

i think its a combination of management screwing over players (which they appear to be rectifying this), the misconception about greek footballers in europe, and probably players and their agents mentality asking for ridiculous amounts of money which means moves in greece are limited to big three and possibly even paok these days and some mid tier club in germany, italy

im not saying that loaning is bad and ok we got some money out of it

but seriously we can do alot better. pao is never gonna be a traditional buying club in europe - well it will be in the greek/cypriot market

i mean how long can we hold onto ninis for. and if we get nemeth and he develops how long can we keep him

and just this summer we almost had benfica askingf or leto

http://www.leoforos.gr/article/2466/adiexo...iasko-me-nemeth :tdown: :tdown:

this is bs...tzigger just needs to throw down the money and he is ours...we have spent nearly NOTHING this transfer period and are making a nice chunk of money from paok getting eliminated from the CL...where is all the money going? tziggers pockets!!!! POULA KAI FYGE!!!

we cant spend 2 million on him....what a joke...

nemeth is on his way to oly...it doesnt bother me that he is going there bc he wasnt going to go into our starting 11 here, where as there he will be more than just a back up...it bothers me that tzigger is not willing to spend any money, money in which we have..if he stays in charge, we will start seeing the same CRAP tht we have seen in the past next year...luckily this year we already have a pretty made squad..

I'm not upset we didn't get Nemeth. Our problem has been allowing goals through stupid defensive mistakes. I believe the team has enough fire power. We showed this in the SL and CL.

This team will be stronger this year. Of course, budget-wise it's impossible for any Greek team to compete with the big ones in euro but we see that soccer can be fun in that 11 superstars can lose to a well-put-together team.

Athinaios if Cisse gets injured we are in big trouble though. We scored a total of 54 league goals last season and Cisse scored 23 of them. If he gets injured or goes through a bad run of form what do we do? We need a goalscorer and another centre-back in my opinion

are we actually linked with suazo or is this just who we (forum) would want?

According to the Greek papers Suazo's agents approached PAO a couple of days ago. Nioblias rates him but his first choice was Nemeth. Now Nemeth has agreed with Olympiakos I would assume that Suazo is back in the picture.

Today's papers are also throwing about Scocco's name again as well as David Trezeguet's

Athinaios if Cisse gets injured we are in big trouble though. We scored a total of 54 league goals last season and Cisse scored 23 of them. If he gets injured or goes through a bad run of form what do we do? We need a goalscorer and another centre-back in my opinion

I agree with Euro2004.Another good CF to be covered up front in case any of your scenarios happen is always a smart choice and also another CB since not only you and me but many other Pao fans also have noticed that to go with many and good choices in your roster is never a bad idea especially in long hard seasons like the one Pao has in front of him.

siga me trez...these are all just stupid reports...we are looking for a BACK UP striker...and possibly someone who can play the wings too...

dont believe the paper...they are 75% lies if not more...they dont know who is "on the list" who is "off the list" and "who is on the top of the list" its all just a big joke...

Archived