Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2010

pao123

we have been linked with so many names im not even going to bother listing them...

it seems we will get rid of some players before deciding to make any moves...for a player that wont go directly into the starting 11, its alright if we dont sign him up now...the last two or so days of the transfer period are coincidently the busiest days of the transfer season anyway...

there were reports that melissis was wanted on trial at 1860 munich but he refused to go on trial...cleyton and gabriel are close to an exit with some offers in their hands...moon has officially been loaned back to ajax cape town and no new news on manztios since portsmouths interest....

galinovic was rumored to be following in rukavinas footsteps and returning to croatia...

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it appears cleyton is going to continue his career at fc copenhagen...apparently the deal will be around 500.000...a million lost for us... :tdown:

Well N'Doye has taken the Danish league by storm and they're clearly looking to come back to us for business. I've also liked Cleyton and i think it's a very good move for them.

cleyton is also now being heavily linked to flamengo...how are they suppose to pay us for him i the cant even come up with the 350.000 the owe us for david...

he is also being linked with bursaspor, fener and vasco de gama...

hopefully we get rid of him, gabriel, galinovic, manztios and mellisi soon to open up some money and space on the roster to complete the squad and give one or two new players a chance to integrate a bit with the team before the start of the season...

Mantzios should be sold. He's not good as a backup. He's lazy and hasn't improved all these years. I want to see someone who makes a difference when he's called to sub a starter, and that he tries to eventually be the starter himself. Mantzios isn't that person.

Remember, most times a backup is called because the starter (especially in Cise's case) is injured or carded. So, the team heavily will depend on Cise's backup.

Ninis is more and more the leader of PAO's offense. He has to improve on his defensive skills, but he's da man. Karagounis is on his declining years.

Clayton, Garbried and defintely Gali must go.

The team should invest in Simao and keep him. I'd bring back Matos too.

Perhaps he's not consistent enough to start, even in Cisse's absence, but why not have him as the 3rd choice forward and use him when needed? Every top team has 4 forwards. Cisse is our top man, but Rukavina so even if we sign Nemeth who do we have? Petropoulos? Yes he's an ok young player but he'll never make it at PAO in my opinion and is certainly not better than Mantzios.

I'd have loved to have signed Apollon's Gaston Sangoy. I really don't understand how Greek clubs allowed talent in Cyprus to escape. The man had 51 goals in 63 games, I promise you, the Cypriot league is stronger than most people think. La Liga's Sporting Gijon have signed him for under 1m euros and have immediately placed a 20m euros release clause in his contract! He'd have been great and at 900k there was no risk. We might have even managed to get him on a straight swap with Mantzios! I know he was never a target so i'm essentially just playing football manager here but it's extraodinary that we consistenly ignore the talent there.

gilberto has expressed his desire to extend his contract for another year...

simao, vyntra and karnezi are going to sign new contracts soon,

mantzios is apparently in final discussion with paolo sousa run leicester...

galinovic on close to kavala

cleyton is still being linked with various teams

and no news on gabriel...he is getting interest from brasil but is unlikely to go bc they cant handle his 550.000 salary...

youngster pantidos (who was at aigaleo last year) is close to a loan to panserraikos..

leontiou has been linked with ilioupoli....poor kid looked like a great prospect before his horrific injury...

dimoutsos looks set to stay on board..

fener apparently made a 10 million offer for cisse which was shot down by us right away...

i remember suazo having a RIDICULOUS goalscoring record when he was playing at colo-colo..i dont remember the exact stats but i remember it being awesome..he had his first stint in europe i think last years with zaragoza and scored a handful of goals..he would probably score alot on greece...

i remember suazo having a RIDICULOUS goalscoring record when he was playing at colo-colo..i dont remember the exact stats but i remember it being awesome..he had his first stint in europe i think last years with zaragoza and scored a handful of goals..he would probably score alot on greece...

His goalscoring record in Latin America is ridiculous!

40 in 40 at San Luis

40 in 62 at Audax Italiano

70 in 75 at Colo Colo

50 in 91 at Monterrey

and last season at Zaragoza he got 6 in 17. That isn't bad considering that some of his appearances were as a sub, it was his first season in La Liga and he was playing for a team that was battling to stay up.

He also has 18 in 43 for Chile and was the top goalscorer for the South American Qualifying Section of the World Cup with 10 (one more than Fabiano).

He's short and a little over-weight for a footballer but with Cisse as our main goal-getter, trust me this guy would be a great addition

Archived