Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2010

pao123

got a question crazy? when was the last time you saw boumsong play?

sure he isnt what we are expecting and not as good as gallas or cris, but im sure he would do well in the greek league...he had a solid season last year w lyon and even more so the year before...i actually follow the french league.

When you talk to players like Gallas,Cris and let them get away,when you hear Cordoba,Kurgiakos as maybe and then you get Boumsong because you need to get a player to make your fans happy,what you want me to say,good job???

Honestly,he is your idea of a KILLER??

For the greek league i am sure me and you will do fine also but nobody is going to call us killers....that is where the joke starts.

I hope he works out fine.

He is strong but he is lucking technical abilities,do we agree there??Is he better that Sariegi or Vyntra??

Pao in my eyes had 1 major need this summer,maybe 2 with Salpi leaving but you covered that with Govou,the damn defence.Spend the money and get a good one and be done with it.

no he is not my idea of a killer but yes he is better than both vyntra and sarriegi and has the qualities we need in defense that both dont have....i follow lyon..i spent many of my younger years in france and grew a love for the team, and ive barely missed a match in 3-4 years...so ive followed the team and have ACTUALLY seen boumsong and govou in action...not just acouple times, more or less week in week out(my weekends are dedicated to football, which my fiancee does not really like :D ).....im not just judging his abilities based on what i THINK i might know...

he is tall and strong, and a very good tackler..yes i agree his technical abilities are not top notch, but they are more than sufficient...and he is better with the ball on the ground then kyrgiakos...who for me is not a KILLER either...

i agree, i would have liked a bigger name and someone a step up in quality, but the facts are plain and simple as far as transfers go recently...the market for centre backs are small, we spent ALOT of money last year strengthening the team, meaning we need to find the best solution for the best price...paying gallas 3 million a year in my opinion is too much...if i ran the team i agree, i wouldnt want to overpay a player just bc he is in the final stages of his career...(eg bordon, who is not nearly as good as boumsong)

he is a solid player and much better than what we have, that is a fact...not as happy as if it was cris, but much happier than if it was da costa...we are strengthening the team and for me, yes, thats fine...

oh and as always, nothing is signed yet...

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not worried at all... and not gettin my blood pumpin... Im sure he could handle himself fine in the CL... especially with Strikers like Mitroglu and Blanco to worry about.

SL vazela,SL.CL does not have the 2 players mentioned........ :P :P :D

Boumsong was very good with Lyon, which people seem to forget is one of the best clubs in the world.

He had really big games in the Champions league against Real. Sure it will be difficult to play so well when your partnered with Sariegui or Kante...

But one things for sure if he was at OSFP, he'd be starting every match.

For Greek League standards, I'd say he definitly counts as a Killer. You get one of the leading Ligue 1 CBs.....Yes..... killer it is. 30 years old is prime age for a CB too.

I mean in all honestly, the only CB that could even make an arguement

to be better than Boumsong in Greece is Mellberg. And given age and form.....I'd say Mellberg would lose that arguement.

sure he isnt what we are expecting and not as good as gallas or cris, but im sure he would do well in the greek league...he had a solid season last year w lyon and even more so the year before...i actually follow the french league.

When you talk to players like Gallas,Cris and let them get away,when you hear Cordoba,Kurgiakos as maybe and then you get Boumsong because you need to get a player to make your fans happy,what you want me to say,good job???

Honestly,he is your idea of a KILLER??

For the greek league i am sure me and you will do fine also but nobody is going to call us killers....that is where the joke starts.

I hope he works out fine.

He is strong but he is lucking technical abilities,do we agree there??Is he better that Sariegi or Vyntra??

Pao in my eyes had 1 major need this summer,maybe 2 with Salpi leaving but you covered that with Govou,the damn defence.Spend the money and get a good one and be done with it.

no he is not my idea of a killer but yes he is better than both vyntra and sarriegi and has the qualities we need in defense that both dont have....i follow lyon..i spent many of my younger years in france and grew a love for the team, and ive barely missed a match in 3-4 years...so ive followed the team and have ACTUALLY seen boumsong and govou in action...not just acouple times, more or less week in week out(my weekends are dedicated to football, which my fiancee does not really like :D ).....im not just judging his abilities based on what i THINK i might know...

he is tall and strong, and a very good tackler..yes i agree his technical abilities are not top notch, but they are more than sufficient...and he is better with the ball on the ground then kyrgiakos...who for me is not a KILLER either...

i agree, i would have liked a bigger name and someone a step up in quality, but the facts are plain and simple as far as transfers go recently...the market for centre backs are small, we spent ALOT of money last year strengthening the team, meaning we need to find the best solution for the best price...paying gallas 3 million a year in my opinion is too much...if i ran the team i agree, i wouldnt want to overpay a player just bc he is in the final stages of his career...(eg bordon, who is not nearly as good as boumsong)

he is a solid player and much better than what we have, that is a fact...not as happy as if it was cris, but much happier than if it was da costa...we are strengthening the team and for me, yes, thats fine...

oh and as always, nothing is signed yet...

Exactly because you have spend that money the last 2 seasons and exactly because i,as a normal greek fan and soccer fan first and then olympiakos psychopath,i want to see a great and strong Pao team that will push my team to the limit and really force people to get a lot more serious with our league.Striker-Cisse,i would be blind or idiot to say anything bad about his skills,scoring abilities or precence in our league or any other league for this matter.Leto-Govou-Katsouranis-Ninis-Silva-Karagounis make a really good and solid midfield line,for europe and greece.Tzorvas,what can i say,he is the goalie for our NT,that says it all.Defence????Seitaridis is not what he used to be,Spyropoullos needs work but has potential....CB???Sariegi-Vyntra-Bjarsmyr-Boumsong???

See my point. :rolleyes:

But again,if he works for you,it works for me 2. :tup:

Boumsong was very good with Lyon, which people seem to forget is one of the best clubs in the world.

He had really big games in the Champions league against Real. Sure it will be difficult to play so well when your partnered with Sariegui or Kante...

For Greek League standards, I'd say he definitly counts as a Killer. You get one of the leading Ligue 1 CBs.....Yes..... killer it is. 30 years old is prime age for a CB too.

to be better than Boumsong in Greece is Mellberg. And given age and form.....I'd say Mellberg would lose that arguement.

well said :D

well said :D
Gurise o tentzeris kai vrike to kapaki...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :tup:

ive heard many thing about the rukavina transfer but nothing concrete yet...it is sure that he left because he was presented today at dinamo but the details are a bit unknown...

the only thing known exactly was that he left as a sale and signed a 4-year contract...

some reports say we sold him for 700.000, some say thats what he will receive per year at zagreb. some say the figure is a one million euro sale and i read one report and heard on the radio that we made a super deal and will receive all in all 3 million for the transfer...one report says thats what he will earn so no real details have really been revealed...

i guess we'll just have to wait to see what the official announcement from the club is....

Crazy... I am more then happy with the Boumsong transfer...

He has proven himself in europe and his strength is in the air game... where PAO lacked someone since Kyrgiakos left.

And u know I meant SL :P

Besides.. who does Boumsogn have to fear? Romendahl?

Hasnt he played for like 11 teams in his career?

Or 34 year old imbagza?

Im sure its not Riera... he has scored 14 goals in his CAREER...

I really think Oly transfer are over rated..

Besides... Oly is stilllacking in the main goal scoring department... ST

All your strikers put together last year had 2 goals less then Cisse did..

800 k for ruka + 30% of next transfer...

So if he is sold for 8m to soem other team we get nearly 2.3 more

if hes sold for 8 million you should be more concerned with the pigs flying outside your window.

not a great prospect in the end. Didn't improve, didn't show any real qualities worth keeping him for, as a striker he wasnt' a talented finisher, and as a winger he really didnt offer much either. His speed was supposed to be great but it wasnt anything too special, above average at best.

im glad he got sold...frees up some space on the team and gets rid of his contract...would have been nice to sell him for a bit more...one of the reasons he didnt improve so much was because he never got into the team regularly...players at his age need to play week in week out...he didnt have the skills to do that...he does have talent but needs a team where he will start to develop it...mb one day could have been pao material, but not yet...

hey dont bother arguing with crazy, he is alittle...crazy... :D

rommedahl has played for 7 teams, but since charlton (2007 when they were relegated) hasnt been able to solidify a spot in any team...

dont worry, once again oly will become a gerokomio...

i will admit that riera is a good signing, but they spent far far FAR too much money on him...he is not THAT good...

really? boumsong......is he meant to be our hummer! ;)

he is tall, 1.9m which brings height to a team that looks like it needs it and an aerial presence

but will he bring stability to a defence that is error prone....will he be a ball playing stopper that we also need?

he is a decent player and very good for the SL but will he make the difference between progressing from group stages of CL

i think not

interesting fact - he holds a university deg in mathematics....

anycase, he really isnt the cisse of the defence

in saying that i didnt really want gallas either bc he brings off field trouble whereever he goes - plus given his age and injuries it wasnt worth the money

is anyone else concerned about the french clique growing in our club, cisse, govou, boumsong, kante

reports today suggest we are now also looking at another striker to replace rukavina(?)....i dun understand why. why dont they just retain mantzios. that way u have cisse, mantzios, petro, govou (if needed) to play striker

i just read on sportdog ilan of west ham....seriously where do they find these players from? i thought we had rotsa, henriksen, vazeha, and some former ajax scout working for us....have we had any players signed bc of there recommendations?????

Crazy... I am more then happy with the Boumsong transfer...

He has proven himself in europe and his strength is in the air game... where PAO lacked someone since Kyrgiakos left.

And u know I meant SL :P

Besides.. who does Boumsogn have to fear? Romendahl?

Hasnt he played for like 11 teams in his career?

Or 34 year old imbagza?

Im sure its not Riera... he has scored 14 goals in his CAREER...

I really think Oly transfer are over rated..

Besides... Oly is stilllacking in the main goal scoring department... ST

All your strikers put together last year had 2 goals less then Cisse did..

You see i like you Nikos and i can not yell to you anymore, :P ,but:

1)We are here talking about Pao and your transfers,not analyzing Olympiakos new sign players.

2)Pao is playing CL this year so that is where you want your "killer",in the SL,i think Boumsong will do fine.All other lines you guys are more than ok,defence is the one that needed the good addition.

3)Gallas or Boumsong?i like and have watched the first one more times so i would have paid the extra 500k a year to get him or i would have taken Pateras money to do so...but again,if you guys are ok,i am more than ok.It is your team that we are talking about after all.

4)This year i will wait and give most on my answers on the field......about who is old and who is good and blah,blah,blah.... :P :D

5)Last year deserving champion=Pao.

6)Times that Pao lost to OSFP last year before we got all the "old" and "not so talented" new players and had the same lacking strikers=2 :LOL: *

*Last 2 comments are just teasing to my green bro NikosNazelas. :tup:

Can wait for the new year to start..... :box: :box: :tup:

hey dont bother arguing with crazy, he is alittle...crazy... :D

rommedahl has played for 7 teams, but since charlton (2007 when they were relegated) hasnt been able to solidify a spot in any team...

dont worry, once again oly will become a gerokomio...

i will admit that riera is a good signing, but they spent far far FAR too much money on him...he is not THAT good...

First of,i like you also pao 123...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :tup:

Second,the main reason that i am happy so far,is that Olympiakos got players that will cover,to the best to their abilities of course,the key players and elements of our game that we have lost because of retirement of Djole but even more devastating,Galletti career ending illness.The fact that Rommendahl is faster than Zairi even in his current age now,or the fact that Riera might be able to do 30% of what Djole was doing on the left side or that Ibagaza will actually be like a normal attacking midfielder puts a humangous smile on my face as far as watching a game and expect a nice show,win or lose.

Third,Boumsong would have been great signing as a new player if Pao management and the newspapers had not busted yours and mine "mpales" for 2 months now with names and prices and he is coming,he is close,he took the plane,Gallas,Cris,and blah,blah,blah and killler this and killer that.He is not a bad name,he might end up being the best thing ever and work fine for you guys.Heck i am judging a guy that has not even officially signed or even played half a game with your team.Just in my eyes,players like Gallas could have been something like Silva is at your midfield line.An experienced and a hard fighting dog that brings calmness at your line of defence.We will just have to wait and see i guess.

Now you guys go for another striker i saw today on the press,do we have any names or idea what your management is looking for?

first of all, the boumsong transfer is not closed yet...he is not a free agent and we still would have to pay lyon some money...intl reports say both hamburg and 2 premier league teams have showed serious interest as well...we may have agreed personal terms with him, but that only means we have closed half the deal....

reports coming out of spain say villareal are interested in simao...his buy out is 6 million (which for me is small for a player with such talent and potential) he should be a priority to us to hold onto to...when gilberto leaves, he will play an extremely important role...lets not forget he is 22...i would be very dissapointed to see him go...

crazy as far as strikers go the only name i have really seen is ilan. other than some small-reports linking us to some barca youth players....with ruka gone we will need another striker just as a back up..just in case...i dont want manztios there, and i dont think he wants to stay on as a sub...

in other news we have told both galinovic and melissis to find clubs....

no he didn't. he was poor.

Niko:

Last year he was part of a Lyon team that eliminated REAL from the CL... Started 6 games in that run

What does that have to do with anything mate? Biscan won the champions league and look how bad he was. Also if you actually watch the Real games you'll realise that Boumsong was not at all impressive. In the home game Lyon dominated. Real didn't get a sniff and he was under no pressure at all. Sarriegui would have looked great in that game. In the return leg Real should have been winning 5-0 in the first half but they just didn't turn up in the second half. Being on the winning team in that game doesn't make him a great player.

I'm not saying he's abysmal. He's a slight upgrade to what we have but when we were all hoping for Gallas or Cris, this is a disappointment. Even Nioblias has come out and said "he's not my first choice but he's an decent solution". Hardly a ringing endorsement!

Crazy, don't get carried away mate :P The most laughable thing i've seen this year is the title of one of the Olympiakos newspapers: Galacticos :LOL: I agree Boumsong is poor by European standards but with Rommedahl replacing Galletti and Diogo still you're number one striker I reckon you could play for us at centre-back, while trying to make mistakes purposely, and we'd still win the league ;)

how many lyon games did you watch over the last two years?

he was very far from poor...two years ago he was very solid, he dropped alittle last year but still played well...if you watched the games, im not sure what you were watching...

im not denying the fact that he is not what we expected..but to say he had a poor last two seasons means you probably didnt watch the games he played in...either that, or we have a extremely different opinion of poor

I saw quite a few Lyon games. The 2 games against Real Madrid, the 2 against Bayern. I saw them away at Valenciennes and against PSG. I'm sure i saw more but can't name them off the top of my head right now.

I'm not saying he's terrible, just not what we wanted to solve our problems and we're deluding ourselves if we say he is a killer

As for who i'd have liked instead? Well Gallas was always my number option and it was inexcusable that we didn't give him the extra cash. Another fantastic acquisition would have been Majid Bougherra of Glasgow Rangers. Superb defender! John Mensah of Lyon (on loan at Sunderland last year) maybe, or why not go for Fulham's Hangeland? There are opportunities out there but they'd have cost money and the Gallas scenario shows that unless Pateras is at the helm we aren't willing to do that

Archived