Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos-Levadiakos

pao123

I think we have to play them too. Hopefully by then it won't matter.

The difference will be my man that Iraklis will DEFINITELY not play w/ the same passion as they did w/ Olympiacos because it seems that everyone is out to beat Olympiacos... The prothalima is yours.. Congrats

what a nice win and sweet day now that we have room from at least one team...the team looked confident and really went out there seriously...i like the attitude, not taking anything for granted and going straight for the win..marinos looked very good today..running down the flanks, defending well and assisted salpis goal with a tidy little cross...it was levadiakos, but he showed that he could develop into a nice little player..he played with an injury today too!

katsournis looked abit more active today but needs to really step it up a bit more..was nice to see leto score again..we need everyone firing away on goal, not just rely on cisse for our goals..even though he grabbed one today as well..lazy penalty shot but followed it well..gilberto is just class as well...we play on a different level when he is on the field and he has proven that time and time again..

rukavina and petro got some minutes and showed they could help..petro should have buried that one chance though...

we have another long stretch in front of us with standard at home on thursday, asteras away on sunday, traveling to belgium the following thursday followed by the derby at home...

paok have aris next weekend and aek the following..lets hope its alittle two game slump :D

I was hiking Mt Wittenberg today and I just finished watching the game on tape delay. Nice to see the team take the 3 points even if some frustration began settling in after the first half was over.

Levadiakos played a very defensive game and we were too slow to move the ball from midfield to offense so they always met our forwards with organized defense. The one time we moved forward quickly, Marinos pulled the assist and Salpi did well to score with a cool finish. After that it was routine.

Good game by Kante, Gilberto, Cisse, Marinos. Decent game by Salpi after we scored the first one. Same for Katsourani/Karagouni who really picked it up after the first goal. Leto was up and down and all over the place but it was nice to see him score. Good game by Sariegi and Spyropoulo as well. Tzorvas had the easiest afternoon and never needed to worry much. Roukavina showed some skill as the AM/SS in Karagounis' place, especially moving quikcly down the middle on the counter. Petropoulos came close to scoring as well.

All in all, a beautiful Sunday (well, climbing was miserable but that's another story) with Olympiakos dropping lots of points and us resting Kara/Cisse for the game against Standard. On the down side, Marinos got injured again on his fine assist effort. I hope it's not too serious.

NY or CA? If in New York, it was a gorgeous day to be out. Yeah, going up needs lots of effort. And, coming down also is a pain because you have to apply the brakes and when you're tired that hurts. Haven't hiked in months and I dread the day I'll take my mountain bike out for a spin. Totally out of shape. The worst is that I have frequent access to lots of food at work.

Oh, sorry, this is about PAO beating Levadiakos... I thought that we were very careless when it came to the final shot. As if the players were in a friendly game. Their shots were soft and wide.

I didn't think Katsour was good. maybe I missed it. Kara also was a bit flat.

Salpi, it seems to me, is playing his last games with PAO.

I think we have to play them too. Hopefully by then it won't matter.

We do, but I'd call it different circumstances.

By then, assuming all has gone well enough for PAO, it would be the last home game of the season for us, and maybe have the potential to clinch the protathlima in that very game depending on the points spread.

In which case that happens, OAKA would be full because and quite the team eager to finish the job. So it wont be as tough as playing them away.

I would not worry about playing Iraklis, especially at home. They are not that good, it's just that Olympiakos makes every opponent look like Barcelona this season. They are that bad.

It's good that Asteras has deflated as of late, but they are a better team than Iraklis and we play them next.

As for the game with Levadiakos, I thought Kara/Katsouranis/Salpi all picked up their game after we scored. Before that they were all pretty bad.

PS for Athinaio: NY

The win for Iraklis brings back memories of the early to mid 80's when they beat teams like Olympiakos and they beat Pana by 6-0 in 1980. Now I am showing my age but it is good for Greek football having a competitive league.

Of the games left Olympiakos has the easiest run with Panathinaikos being the only big game.

For PAOK they have the hardest run in but they have more home games and if they can beat Aris and AEK then the championship is all on. Their last 13 games they have won 11 and drawn 2 and they would have to be the in form team at the moment.

In one way Panathinaikos now control their own destiny but I hope they realise their job is not over. Asteras, Atromitos and Ioannina away with Olympiakos and Iraklis at home. A few tricky games but they are all winable.

I am sure the focus will be to finish the job and win back the championship and the mentality has to be one game at a time and not worry about PAOK or Olympiakos and how good or bad they are playing.

IMO Asteras is going to be a huge game. 3pts leading up to OSFP will be huge, and also because its possible that PAOK drops points in Aris, I'd say likely. Aris is a big derby team, and I know there fans really want ARIS to be the team that ruins PAOK's championship dreams this season. So likely they will make life difficult for PAOK.....tickets are going to be sold out very soon, papers say theres big demand for them, I'll definitley be watching that one this weekend.

this may sound real stupid

but there are "rumours" going around from saloniki that the aris paok game is fixed so that they help them win the title

for some reason the way i heard it it also involved kavala as they would drop the game to aris in the cup so in return aris make the cup final and paok go for title.

sounds absurd. who knows.

i tend to think like drakos though - id think aris would want to make it hell for paok

itd be the same with any of the big 3 athens teams as well.

but there are "rumours" going around from saloniki that the aris paok game is fixed so that they help them win the title

for some reason the way i heard it it also involved kavala as they would drop the game to aris in the cup so in return aris make the cup final and paok go for title.

i tend to think like drakos though - id think aris would want to make it hell for paok

it may sound stupidbut hey..this is greece and im not surprised if these types of things happen... :tdown:

i guess we will have to wait and see :D

I've been posting for a while that PAOK playing all their games in and around Thessaloniki is a huge plus for them. One way or another they can take every single game. Aris is their traditional rival but you never know what kind of conversations and deals happen in the dark kafeteria corners. Personally, I will be very (and pleasantly) surprised if PAOK drops points at Aris. I will be watching for a delayed reaction to a soft shot, a defender out of position here and there, etc.

I am just saying.

I doubt it. Kavala has a seriously ambitious owner. He'd have none of it, and besides wtf would Kavala gain by PAOK's title???

Aris does want to ruin PAOK's title, because Aris and PAOK hate each other, and this is a big match as far as rivalry is concerned. An Aris win will take PAOK out completely, giving Aris the bragging rights and IMO and take away their pride to putting them back, and likely dropping to 3rd after the playoffs.

Archived