Phantis Forums

Greece vs Senegal

Euro2004

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

relax guys this is not the final squad for the tournament.

I'm fairly certain Gkekas/Salpiggidis and a few others are sitting out just for the sake of trying some new players. Kapetanos is getting a chance. He's not "on the team".

Gkekas is obviously our #1 striker. I seriously doubt Otto left him out because he didn't think he was good enough, its much more likely that Gkekas is a plain "given" on the lineup. Afterall he's the country's top scorer for years now...

Gkekas-Samaras-Salpiggidis is quite a nice trio. Otto though has the tendency to think his son in law Xaristeas is actually talented. Even though he's nowhere near Gkekas, Samaras, Salpiggidis --- nor other Greek strikers like Mitroglou, Mantzios, Lyberopoulos and Kapetanos to be perfectly honest. Him getting any playing time in the WC comes at the cost of putting decent and good players in. So I really hope Xaristeas misses this tournament... Otherwise Otto just puts him in, and maybe he'll freak out on gameday and put him in through bad decisions. HE REALLY needs to go because he hurts the team by taking a space of better players.

Archived