Phantis Forums

Greece vs Senegal

Euro2004

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont like makos...he hasnt impressed me very much...malezas is a good player and will only improve..he is 24 and is doing very well this season and i think it is right to give him a good shot...maniatis deserves it, he was inches away from espanyol in the winter and i think will be a good replacement slotting into our defense...tzavellas has been great recently as well...both players are still very young...give them a shot

galitsios unfortunately is not a starting answer for us..and lazaros will be replaced by ninis when he will be fully available for the team..its good to give him some chances though...'sokratis' should defnintly be in the final team and i would be very dissapointed to not see mitroglou as well...

i think avraam should be in there just not starting..but i think its time to say goodbye to charisteas...maybe as a bench player ( ;) ) but i think hes finished..

its also important to give players like kapetanos a chance..he has apparently been in great form this season and he is a younger, fresher and similar type of player as charisteas..if he doesnt pan out then he doesnt pan out...

In these games its important to test some if not all of the 'fringe' players..we might have a surprise or two in our hand...

we need strongs fast mids that can push up .........without that all the "attacking talent" in the world will not be of any use whatsoever.....

u have to feed th eguys up front the ball.....midfiedler support on the offense sied is something that has been lacking........thats what we need, either our existing guys to push up another 15 yards or so, or some other way to accomplish that

Glad he called Tzavellas - he may be our answer to our left wing problem. Checked him out yesterday and he was very good. But no Ninis? If he doesn't start in June... at any rate don't we need these guys to play together as much as possible so they're prepared? Aren't we talking about the WORLD CUP HERE?? Or do they not understand that in Greece?

Avraam has made some of the stupidest mistakes and he shouldn't be playing for this team. PERIOD.

Pliatsikas is out, as far as I know.

We don't need mass changes in the NT just a few new faces to fit in. Lazaros C. is not NT material and Makos CERTAINLY is not! :tdown: Galitsios...eh! The rest I haven't seen too much of to comment.

I would like to see Ninis on the right flank and Koutsianikoulis on the left in a friendly or two. Let's cross everyone up with some speed and life in our attack!

Kapetanos is the surprise inclusion. Yes he's done well, but the Romanian league isn't great. I'd rather have had Mantzios come in. The Cypriot league is on a par with the Romanian league and he's a better player.

MANTZIOS ?? :ph34r: :o even an ageing liberopoulos is better, lets see what kapetanos can do, but i doubt he'll make south africa because of the amount of strikers greece have.

i'm looking forward to see tzavellas and maniatis but what's happened to seitarides he used to be class and he's not that old either, seems he's lost his appetite for the game.

also no toro, am i right to assume he's injured ?

offensive minded mids is the only thing that will make us more dangerous on offense.....defenders are not gonna push and dribble around 10 guys and the strikers cant do shti with out being the fed the ball...

period....so if the kastou/deNiro/whoever midfiled lineup stays, then expect more of the same....unless they decide to play box to box - which they have shown they cant/dont/wont.......

i see grrece as a poor mans version of italy, but with alittle speed on the wings and alittle push forward (maybe 15 yards) from the mids they can be expected to score a bit more.....and remeber, the opposing has to respect an offensive that is dangerous, therefore they have to lay back more making hteir transition/counter game less effective...

Greece play Senegal in a friendly on Wednesday, no doubt it will be preparation for the game against Nigeria. Here's the squad:

MANTZIOS ??  :ph34r:  :o even an ageing liberopoulos is better, lets see what kapetanos can do, but i doubt he'll make south africa because of the amount of strikers greece have.

i'm looking forward to see tzavellas and maniatis but what's happened to seitarides he used to be class and he's not that old either, seems he's lost his appetite for the game.

also no toro, am i right to assume he's injured ?

Mantzios is lazy and inconsistent but he's a big game player. He has alot of talent and when he's up for it he's very dangerous. For instance he was superb against Werder (in 3 games) and last season in the CL. He holds the ball up well, has great close ball control and is great in the air. He's certainly better than Kapetanos

Yes Torosidis is injured and Seitaridis just doesn't care about anything other than sports cars (he has something like 10 apparently) and getting laid.

Mangas 21, you are totally right about the mids. It's not just more attacking mids we need but more energetic ones too. As for the u-21 game it depends where you live. If you're in the UK it will be on ESPN at 6pm UK time.

offensive minded mids is the only thing that will make us more dangerous on offense.....defenders are not gonna push and dribble around 10 guys and the strikers cant do shti with out being the fed the ball...

period....so if the kastou/deNiro/whoever midfiled lineup stays, then expect more of the same....unless they decide to play box to box - which they have shown they cant/dont/wont.......

i see grrece as a poor mans version of italy, but with alittle speed on the wings and alittle push forward (maybe 15 yards) from the mids they can be expected to score a bit more.....and remeber, the opposing has to respect an offensive that is dangerous, therefore they have to lay back more making hteir transition/counter game less effective...

YES! Exactly. Anyone know which channel this game will be on? Is it 10:am New York time?

SEITARIDS -

can u blame him ??????????? jejejeje - sounds like my kinda guy.....

too bad, because he - when he wants to and has his head on right - is a veyr dangerous player not the least of which is that he brings some arrogance and balls to the team....we need that in this tournamant BIG TIME...

The England Greece U21 game will be on FSC+ (Formerly Setanta) at 9:50 am pacific time. Cant find the Greece Senegal game anywhere on US telivision. prob an online link though

Yeah an official link is apparently ESPN360.com for this game.

Archived