Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos-Roma

pao123

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roma are certainly beatable over 2 legs. They're always involved in a lot of goals so we can get goals but we need to strengthen at the back.

If we get through we play the winner of Standard Liege vs Salzburg.

This is a great opportunity to make the last 8! We need a defender (they're a fast team) so i'm hoping for a quick defender. It's a tough draw but if we in the champions league now we'd consider this a very good draw. We shouldn't fear them.

We play well against Italians. It's a good draw. They were much easier teams but at this stage you have to be serious and play to the best of your abilities.

Strangely, I feel that the better PAO's doing in Greece the better in euro play too.

Anyway, lots can happen for both teams between now and mid-Feb 2010.

No no no! No inferiority complex! It's 50-50! You took out Inter at home as said above, and not only that but imho (and it hurts to say because I would rather see my beloved AEK do well) you have the best squad in Greece at the moment.

Like you said HOLLYWOOD, get rid of some crappy ones and get in some good ones and this should be yours, although no walk in the park!

• 1 month later...

honestly, i think we will be alright...if the team plays with the fire that we have been recently then we'll do just fine..that doesnt mean we will progress, but we can make it a battle to the finish...if we go in scared though. we will get crushed. i saw nioplias' mini interview at the end of the aris game and he looks like he really believes we have a great team with great players, if the players believe the same thing i think we will be in for an enjoyable two games vs roma...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived