Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Bordeaux

Irlandos

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad we managed to avoid a trip to England! Also that we avoided Real and Barca. My prefered team were Fiorentina. Against them everything would've been open. Now we meet the team with the strongest form in all of Europe. Every newspaper and sports commentator will say that Bordeux is almost certain in the last eight. This is a good thing for us! If we have all our key players fit and match ready come February, then anything is possible i believe. I'd say we have a 30% chance of making it to the next round.

:gr:

Its a good draw considering the dangerous alternates....

But, still OSFP I give them a max 20% chance of going through, Bordeaux are a much better quality team, they smashed their group with Bayern and Juve, and OSFP are the weakest of the 16 teams left so they will be happy for the draw and thinking of a memorable Quarterfinal reaching season for Bordeaux...

I beleive OSFP didnt dodge a bullet by being the 'underdog"

Bordeaux arent big teams like Real, who will come in expecting easy results. They will go in with full concentration I beleive, and likely take wins home and away.

Beating them in Greece is essential. If Olympiakos can win in Greece then the hopes are alive. Personally i think Bordeaux are a very good team. They didn't just beat Bayern and Juve, they proved that they were better than them. They dominated them.

Olympiakos would have been the underdogs whoever was drawn but it could have been worse

Defenetly a good result for Oly,compare to the other teams out there. But let's not underestimate Bordeaux. They are a good team and also let's not forget that they finish in the group stages undefeated!! With some luck anything can happen. Good luck to you guys.

I've been reading commentaries online after the draw. It would be OH SO nice to see all of these so called experts proven wrong in february! I hope we can do that in the first game at least...everything after that is a huge bonus!

It feels very nice to have these two months to look forward to the matches. I have a better feeling about this team now, than i'd felt for a few years now! :)

• 3 weeks later...

EXTREMELY tough game(s)

Don't forget fellas this is Champions League and it will come down to what team is in form, what key players are playing their KOLO off and what coach is going to "out-coach" the other guy

I honeslty don't see us progressing --- Hope I'm completely wrong ---

Well if they sack Ziko (OSFP is turning into a sideshow if they do) then one of two things will happen.

1-They will win the first game whomever they play against (teams usually do, and then stumble the rest of the way)

2-The coach will be outmatched and it will be official that the players once again run the asylum.

If they don't sack Ziko.

1-If they lose the first game they will sack him afterwards.

2-If they win the first game, Ziko will be a GOD.

Greek sports mentality is really starting to piss me off. I was talking with my dad yesterday and I said I don't know if I can handle reading Greek Sports webpages anymore. They are truly worse then reading the freaking tabloids of Aliens coming and kidnapping Michael Jackson's baby to take him home type of articles.

Look at all the consistent top teams in Europe. How often do they sack their coaches?

Fellas that's why our League in whole SUCKS...

There is absolutely NO STABILITY

Would either one of you want to coach Olympiacos if you had a chance? I know I wouldn't because I know that if I look or step the wrong way mu KOLO would be sacked the following day...

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

Oooh yes... but I'm probably thinking of this another way than you are :D ...

:LOL:

evalagoal, it's not just Olympiakos, it's most Greek clubs. In fact the only club that seems patient with it's managers is PAOK and look at the strides they've made over the last couple of years because of it, despite their financial problems. With Zagorakis (and now Vryzas) at the helm and with Santos as manager they created a solid foundation. If they had the money of the top 2 to spend I have no doubt that they'd win the league in the coming years.

:LOL:

evalagoal, it's not just Olympiakos, it's most Greek clubs. In fact the only club that seems patient with it's managers is PAOK and look at the strides they've made over the last couple of years because of it, despite their financial problems. With Zagorakis (and now Vryzas) at the helm and with Santos as manager they created a solid foundation. If they had the money of the top 2 to spend I have no doubt that they'd win the league in the coming years.

I agree about the PAOK comment.

I like where they are going with their team.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/90/france/2010...a-bit-like-hell

Away Game Against Olympiacos Will Be A Bit Like Hell - Bordeaux Midfielder Jaroslav PlasilThe Bordeaux midfielder is convinced that the Champions League game against Olympiacos won't be easy...

By Stefan Coerts

Jan 28, 2010 10:19:00 AM

Reigning French champions Bordeaux impressed during the group stage of the Champions League, with wins against giants Juventus and Bayern Munich helping them through to the knockout stages.

Girondins now lock horns with Greek powerhouse Olympiacos in the last 16 and midfielder Jaroslav Plasil has insisted that the two-legged tie won't be an easy task.

"Bordeaux are not favourites for the games against Olympiacos. I think both clubs have the same chance. Both teams are in good form. If we are favourites it's only because we won the group with the highest amount of points. I don't agree that it will be an easy game," said Plasil to uefa.com.

"I have already experienced playing at Olympiacos' ground. I lost 1-0 there when I was playing for Monaco in the 2004-05 Champions League group stage.

"It was one of the most intense atmospheres I've ever experienced in a stadium, so I expect it will be a bit like hell for us. Their supporters really can help their team."

Plasil is bullshitting, plain and simple.

Jaroslav Plasil must be the only person in the world right now to say that Olympiakos is in "good form" :LOL:

Goes to show you how generic and worthless pre-match comments are from players. Just hot air so the papers can fill columns and waste time.

• 4 weeks later...

Where are all the OLYMPIAKOS supporters??? :whistle:

Tonight we will play to our full potential and destroy the frogs 3-1 :gr:

:nw: :nw: OLYMPIAKARA OLE OLE OLE :nw: :nw:

I was gonna comment, but I didn't think anyone else still visited the Oly thread. :la:

Anyways looks like this will be the formation:

Nikopolidis

Torosidis-Paps-Melberg-Bravo

Ledesma

Maresca-Stoltidis

Lua Lua-Mitro-Datolo

Once again, Galetti will miss another CL 16. Diogo is not able to play (good!), and reports are that we are missing Dudu.

I'm nervous about this match, really don't know what the heck to expect.

Good luck! :gr:

Archived