Phantis Forums

FIBA WORLD BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS 2010

guys, long time no hear cause of the new job I got.. long story to be explained on F'book or PMs.. :)

Turkey, with the exception of USA, was the best team of the tournament. We definitely had the only good center rotation of the tournament along with Argentina, and used it to great effect on defence for most of the tournament. The defensive effort against Russia, Greece, 3 qtrs vs France and Slovenia was absolutely outstanding.

Turkey played badly vs Serbia and USA, so our crunch time problem is still ongoing! We wouldn't have won against Serbia if it wasn't for a miraculous fourth qtr from Tunceri after he was trounced all game by argubly the best player of the tournament, Teodosic.

Argubly the best because performances from Scola, Kleiza, Hedo and obviously Durant were also very impressive.

Looking at the squad, it showed that when playing in control of the nerves, the duo of Sinan Guler and Omer Onan are great defenders with their long arms and constant mobility. Semih Erden, having done wonders in defence in all games, needs to improve his post game while Omer Aşık's free throws are a disgrace. Kerem Tunceri and Hedo Turkoğlu have probably played their pen-ultimate tournaments and will bid farewell in EuroBasket 2011, and have left a good taste for the fans with their experienced play. Ender Arslan is clearly not good enough to get 20+ minutes at the point and we are desperate for a PG after Tunceri retires from the NT. Finally, I strongly disagree that Ersan Ilyasova was the best player overall. He had an orgiastic performance vs Greece, that's right, but vs Puerto Rico, USA and Serbia in particular, he was all over the show!! I have a feeling he's becoming too reliant on his 3-pt shooting which slows him down vs proper defences.

Anyway, a great tournament, a great and well-deserved result and a great challenge as well.. We must finish in at least the top four next year in Lithuania, as we have become the champions of Europe in this World Cup, finishing second overall behind USA.

Finally, can anyone tell me what hit Slovenia vs Turkey, and Argentina vs Lithuania!!?? :)

Tournament's Best 5 : Teodosic - Durant - Turkoğlu - Kleiza - Scola

My Best 5 : Teodosic - Durant - Turkoğlu - Savanovic - Scola

Youth Best 5 (23 or younger) : Khvostov - Ilyasova - Keselj - Vorontsevitch - Erden

Defensive 5 : Westbrook - Onan - Odom - Kleiza - Erden

Best Coach : Bogdan Tanjevic (Turkey)

Worst Coach : Dirk Bauermann (Germany) - Jonas Kazlauskas (Greece)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I strongly disagree that Ersan Ilyasova was the best player overall. He had an orgiastic performance vs Greece, that's right, but vs Puerto Rico, USA and Serbia in particular, he was all over the show!! I have a feeling he's becoming too reliant on his 3-pt shooting which slows him down vs proper defences.

He wasn't the best player you are right. When i was telling Ilyasova is the best i meaned that he is the most valueable player. He is young, he is skilled and he is the only player to be the best at the next. (if we think that Kerem, Hidayet are old). He showed high performance many times at the old matches. Anyway let's say he is one of the best.

guys, long time no hear cause of the new job I got.. long story to be explained on F'book or PMs.. :)

Turkey, with the exception of USA, was the best team of the tournament. We definitely had the only good center rotation of the tournament along with Argentina, and used it to great effect on defence for most of the tournament. The defensive effort against Russia, Greece, 3 qtrs vs France and Slovenia was absolutely outstanding.

Turkey played badly vs Serbia and USA, so our crunch time problem is still ongoing! We wouldn't have won against Serbia if it wasn't for a miraculous fourth qtr from Tunceri after he was trounced all game by argubly the best player of the tournament, Teodosic.

Argubly the best because performances from Scola, Kleiza, Hedo and obviously Durant were also very impressive.

Looking at the squad, it showed that when playing in control of the nerves, the duo of Sinan Guler and Omer Onan are great defenders with their long arms and constant mobility. Semih Erden, having done wonders in defence in all games, needs to improve his post game while Omer Aşık's free throws are a disgrace. Kerem Tunceri and Hedo Turkoğlu have probably played their pen-ultimate tournaments and will bid farewell in EuroBasket 2011, and have left a good taste for the fans with their experienced play. Ender Arslan is clearly not good enough to get 20+ minutes at the point and we are desperate for a PG after Tunceri retires from the NT. Finally, I strongly disagree that Ersan Ilyasova was the best player overall. He had an orgiastic performance vs Greece, that's right, but vs Puerto Rico, USA and Serbia in particular, he was all over the show!! I have a feeling he's becoming too reliant on his 3-pt shooting which slows him down vs proper defences.

Anyway, a great tournament, a great and well-deserved result and a great challenge as well.. We must finish in at least the top four next year in Lithuania, as we have become the champions of Europe in this World Cup, finishing second overall behind USA.

Finally, can anyone tell me what hit Slovenia vs Turkey, and Argentina vs Lithuania!!?? :)

Tournament's Best 5 : Teodosic - Durant - Turkoğlu - Kleiza - Scola

My Best 5 : Teodosic - Durant - Turkoğlu - Savanovic - Scola

Youth Best 5 (23 or younger) : Khvostov - Ilyasova - Keselj - Vorontsevitch - Erden

Defensive 5 : Westbrook - Onan - Odom - Kleiza - Erden

Best Coach : Bogdan Tanjevic (Turkey)

Worst Coach : Dirk Bauermann (Germany) - Jonas Kazlauskas (Greece)

The best player in the tournament, based both on performance and ability, was Kevin Durant-no questions asked.

The second best player is Derrick Rose.

The rest you can quibble about.

You need to watch more basketball, especially of the NBA variety.

If you don't know why Rose is the second best player on the team, then I won't even bother.

I predicted the kid was going to be a US National Team starter three years ago, when he was still in high school....and presto, here he is.

Not many pg's in the nba better....certainly not Billups.

Archived