Phantis Forums

World Cup 2010

thrylos

Why signal out Greece for specific attention?

Akriti, he singles us out because we won in 2004 and the expectations hence forth were higher, by all of us. You got to take the good with the bad, usually with glory comes scrutiny and you can only overcome it by more success. It's a double edged sword.

As to whether or not we are 3rd world, that's a discussion for another time and place.

Yesterday I watched once again the final, what a horrific game it was. Grant you both sides played dirty but the orange took it to a whole new level, they all need "ksilo kai afstiro kolodaktilo" opws legame palia :nono:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Akriti, he singles us out because we won in 2004 and the expectations hence forth were higher, by all of us. You got to take the good with the bad, usually with glory comes scrutiny and you can only overcome it by more success. It's a double edged sword.

As to whether or not we are 3rd world, that's a discussion for another time and place.

Yesterday I watched once again the final, what a horrific game it was. Grant you both sides played dirty but the orange took it to a whole new level, they all need "ksilo kai afstiro kolodaktilo" opws legame palia  :nono:

ela gcp,

I am not defending the performances in the WC. The ethniki were awful. One of the worst teams in the entire tournament.

Otto was responsible for sending us to lose against Korea and he was also responsible for playing 10 behind the ball against Argentina.

Mind you the players do not get off either, as ultimately they were the ones on the field.

However what annoys me is outsiders like that guy from ESPN who wouldn't be able to name a single Greek player even if he was in the change rooms with them questioning the right of a team who qualified through Europe and via a playoff to compete in the tournament.

Regardless of performances/results we deserved to be there just as much as NZ or Honduras who qualified through much easier confederations.

I agree it is a double edged sword since winning Euro, but he completely disregards any such reputation and lumps us with North Korea. Yes I know we could only scrape a 2-2 draw against them in a pre-tournament friendly, but we deserve a little more respect but I guess under Otto we lost almost all our credibility and respect.

Let's see what the the very near future brings.

Agreed about the final as well. Very dirty Dutch. Even at our worst over the last 6 years, we never resorted to such tactics and I can't even remember a player being sent off.

Yesterday I watched once again the final, what a horrific game it was. Grant you both sides played dirty but the orange took it to a whole new level, they all need "ksilo kai afstiro kolodaktilo" opws legame palia

I agree; the guy could have had a decent article but he mentioned Greece: a very stupid thing to do. I would bet the moron has never watched 1 game in the Greek League (if he knew anything about Greek football he wouldn't have grouped us in w/ N. Korea and Honduras). He needs to shut his face.

The comments he made about Holland were true but its not like the entire world of football has degenerated into that crap.

So Clover it was a good article until he mentioned Greece, at which point you determine that he needs to shut his face? And I gotta ask, what's so special about the Greek league? And what made this GNT’s players so special beyond and above those of Korea? Remember that they tied us in the friendly, prior to, and they played a FULL 90+ min 3 games with heart and determination, albeit not smart!! We showed up for maybe one game in total so you ought to be thanking the writer for his generosity. Or should I be impressed with the fact that 9 out of 23 NTplayers play for Panathinaikos?

Come on man, don’t offhand reject warranted criticism, instead use it as a tool to learn and get better. BTW, he’s no moron, you can tell that by the way his writes!

I think we have the right to be a bit upset as "minnows" does not apply to Greece.

Just what do these people want? To bring back the 1950s where 5 players attacked while 2-3 defended and we had 5-3 scores? Get real!

I agree; the guy could have had a decent article but he mentioned Greece: a very stupid thing to do. I would bet the moron has never watched 1 game in the Greek League (if he knew anything about Greek football he wouldn't have grouped us in w/ N. Korea and Honduras). He needs to shut his face.

The comments he made about Holland were true but its not like the entire world of football has degenerated into that crap.

So Clover it was a good article until he mentioned Greece, at which point you determine that he needs to shut his face? And I gotta ask, what's so special about the Greek league? And what made this GNT’s players so special beyond and above those of Korea? Remember that they tied us in the friendly, prior to, and they played a FULL 90+ min 3 games with heart and determination, albeit not smart!! We showed up for maybe one game in total so you ought to be thanking the writer for his generosity. Or should I be impressed with the fact that 9 out of 23 NTplayers play for Panathinaikos?

Come on man, don’t offhand reject warranted criticism, instead use it as a tool to learn and get better. BTW, he’s no moron, you can tell that by the way his writes!

He IS a moron: he obviously knows nothing about Greek football. You can catch many good games in the Greek league every season and there are has been many talented players from Greece for years. The reason we haven't seen the kind of success we should have is due to corruption and bad organization. N. Korea and Honduras are not even in the same WORLD as us; lets get real here. And minnows don't win a Euro by beating the title holders and host country TWICE.

We showed up for Nigeria and Argentina. The reason we didn't do well overall was Ottos "tactics", and the players knew it. They can't go into a game w/ a positive frame of mind knowing that the game plan isn't going to work! What do you think the result is going to be if they don't like the way EPO has been running things and Otto doesn't care?

Its not so black and white. Nobody will thank this clown for his "generosity", give me a break.

Archived