Phantis Forums

Ukraine-Greece

Guest geok

How is a foul a routine save? When the positioning is correct, only does it seem simple.. You havent played as a Keeper have u?

Too bad you didnt watch me when i was in my teens.. I kicked ass..

Tzorvas, at his age, is better then both those keepers u mentioned when they were his age.

Chalkias is horrible... U must have seen him in Portsmouth...

And Chiotis is having a good run... But I would never say he is better then anything Tzorvas...

You are entitled to ur opinion...

Lets agree to disagree then :P

Are you also Drakos by any chance?

The fact that i wasn't a keeper doesn't mean anything. I'm a qualified football coach with an FA badge so i can have a valid opinion. You were keeper, does that mean you can't judge an outfield player because if wasn't your position?

If the ball is heading straight towards a keeper then the keeper is expected to make a save. Tzorvas should be pushing those balls away to the side (to go towards the corner flag) not straight back into the middle. If it goes back into the middle it's poor goalkeeping. He did the same s%$#! against Latvia, Sturm Graz, etc.

Tzorvas may be better for his age but we're not judging potential, we're judging current ability. If Tzorvas makes a mistake that knocks us out of the World Cup i won't be saying "eh, doesn't matter, he'll learn from it". If and when he learns from it he can earn a first team place. Until then he's not good enough.

Chiotis isn't on a good run of form, he's been brilliant in Cyprus for a few years now. I've never said he should be no.1 because he wasn't proven at the highest level, but this year he's been amazing in the CL too and it's time he was given a shot.

Akritis, yeah you're probably right about NZ being more favourable. But they did give Italy a scare recently

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not get on the Nikopolodis bashing just yet.

He was an amazing goalie. :tup:

He has stayed on too long and lost a step or two or reaction :nono:

brother....Nikopolidis is awful.

He cost Oly the 2 extra points yesterday against PAS Giannena. Talk about a liability. Both goals were savable and his half-a55ed attempt on the 2nd might just have cost Oly the league this season.

Tzorvas is 3 levels above Nikopolidi. End of Story!

Let's remember his highlights.....

How can we forget the awful attempt (???) against England when Beckhham hit the direct free into the net. Antonaki looked like the statue of Hermes...he didn't even move. He just stood there watching the ball sail in.

What about hsi fishing expedition against Russia at Euro 08?!?!?! His silly attempt on swden's 2nd goal was just as much his fault as it was Kyrgiakos.

Best thing to happen to the ethniki post Euro 2008 was that he retired. Good riddance. Let's hope he finishes up with Thrylos as well.

Archived