Phantis Forums

Avraam

andrew_g

jajajajajaajajajjaa......avraaaaaaaaaaaaaaam hits the big time he has his own thread !!!!!!!

at least three that i can remember........but the guy can finish....idi u c how neatly he pushed the ball past sfifakis?

avraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Although I agree that he's poor it's a little harsh to start a threat on the guy. :rolleyes: :P It's funny, because in Greece he's highly rated. Olympiakos fans think he's amazing.

He's not the only one though. There are others that just aren't international level material either.

Tzorvas, Avraam and Makos should never be seen wearing the NT shirt. (unless of course the improve significantly in the coming years).

While Tziolis shouldn't be starting.

There are others that are guaranteed starters that shouldn't be. Haristeas for instance has received a lot of criticism, but he's great aerially, works hard and is still a useful tool. So I believe he should still be used in a rotating system but shouldn't be the first name on the team sheet.

yea i never got why he was there, i mean that OG last week was the icing on the cake....

but arent there (or recently inn the last 5-10 years) players who are amazing that arent played in the NT because of a) money disputes, B) they told otto to go F*** himself (was that Tsiartas?) and or they are just never picked due to political reasons...

i mean wasnt there a guy zikos who kicked ass and never played for the ethniki?? and wasnt eleftheropoulos a starting keeper at AC for a while and never put ahead of george clooney??

i mean i could be wrong im relativly new to the ethniki (yes i converted after the euro04 but i followed from 03!!!) but my greek teacher always said there were better Greek players that never played for the ethniki....man tsiartas has balls for telling otto to F*** himself...but i guess otto won that battle

yea i never got why he was there, i mean that OG last week was the icing on the cake....

but arent there (or recently inn the last 5-10 years) players who are amazing that arent played in the NT because of a) money disputes, B) they told otto to go F*** himself (was that Tsiartas?) and or they are just never picked due to political reasons...

i mean wasnt there a guy zikos who kicked ass and never played for the ethniki?? and wasnt eleftheropoulos a starting keeper at AC for a while and never put ahead of george clooney??

i mean i could be wrong im relativly new to the ethniki (yes i converted after the euro04 but i followed from 03!!!) but my greek teacher always said there were better Greek players that never played for the ethniki....man tsiartas has balls for telling otto to F*** himself...but i guess otto won that battle

Tsartas always played for the Greek team. He had very poor stamina so Otto used him as a sub. He said some tough things about Otto in interviews. You see you have to understand, Otto is a control freak, he did not give Zikos, Stoltidis, or Georgotos a chance for various reasons. He needs his yes men.

a

Georgatos is the guy that said something along the lines, "I'm not playing for not F*&^(^@@ Germano". He was amongst the MOST talented Greek players ever, but such a loser.

Stoltidis never got a chance to play, I think most forum user will agree he should have been there, because of Zagorakis. Stoltidis and Zagorakis are the same type of player.

there so many things that go on behind the scenes that we dont know about, including within the team itself and pressure from club owners and governing bodies....

but unfortunately if we dont go through their will be nothing but criticsm, finger pointing, calls for new coaches, new players, new team uniforms and anythng else that can be complianed about.....

what should happen is the team should be met at the airport with supportive and appreciative fans for the effort.....(unless they clearly show no effort) that the problem and its why a lot of players think twice about even playing.....

imagine yourself a guy on the team that really busted his ass 100% and it wasnt enough...you get back "home" any there is nothing but knifes, daggers, and poison coming your way....think about it...

i dont suggest complacency if the team struggle since you need to improve the team at teh expense of players egos, but if the team knows it has the suport of the fans and the media etc regardless of outcome, it creates a much more positive atmosphere....

oh i c....i thought stoltidis refused to play for the ethniki in 06-07 and was banned for 3 superleague matches as punishment....I like stoltidis (from what i have seen) even though he is red

I don't remember him turning down an invitation in 04. Maybe later on he did because he was overlooked for so long. And I do believe he got punished

Imagine a central midfield that has two michanakia like zagorakis and stoltidis. WOW

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After the recent Avraam failures vs. Bordeaux (and all other ones before that) I think it'd be wise to let someone else play (Papastathopoulos PLEASE!) ...

Otto being reasonable and doing the right thing? Never! He'll start the worst defender we have too - Vyntra - just to shove it all in everyone's face.

• 2 weeks later...

If Avraam ever plays for the NT again it just goes to show how influencial Olympiakos are in Greek football.

World's biggest minger!

It is funny how an outsider sees this. Kyrgiakos Papadopoulos saud that in his opinion Avraam is one of the best he's ever seen, played with or against.

• 9 years later...

A Miraculous Comeback

After playing for a bunch of unglamorous Asian and Australian teams, in January Avraam managed to return to Olympiacos. He played two league games last spring. This year, however, he started against Plzen (was subbed off because a lesser injury) AND is in the Champions League squad while Koutris is not! He remained on the bench last week in the league game against Volos (alongside Torosidis and Bouchalakis). Does that mean he is still somehow in the plans of Pedro Martins? It is really astonishing and testifies to his doggedness and resiliency that he managed to return to a top Greek team. Will he possibly even play in the Champions League?

At this age, Tziolis had been playing in Saudi Arabia for two years or so. Makos (who was mentioned in one of the earlier posts) has given up practically his career, he plays now for a third league team at 32! Samaras retired at the age of 33. Charisteas did the same.

Avraam was effectively destroyed by that injury against Poland at Euro 2012. He relied on his pace, and he has been considerably slower since then. But he put up a good fight against Serbia in 2014 (his last Ethniki game).

If only some of our talents (Kyrgiakos Samaras) and "talents" (Ninis Koutsianikoulis) would have had his tenacity.

• 2 months later...

One of the most over rated Greek defensmen who got away with murder because he played for Olympiakos. On top of that he should have been kicked out of football altogether for involvement in illegal football betting 

• Confused 1

On 12/10/2019 at 8:24 PM, Blackhawk said:

One of the most over rated Greek defensmen who got away with murder because he played for Olympiakos. On top of that he should have been kicked out of football altogether for involvement in illegal football betting 

Did he really killed somebody? ?

I know about the matchfixing case. I think he had been eventually acquitted.

On 12/10/2019 at 4:02 AM, Soprano76 said:

he really has been around for a while; still, says a lot about Olympiakos (in a bad way) that a has-been like Avraam is getting CL minutes. 

Marinakis doesnt like to spend his money on class players like Kokkalis did (Giovanni Karembeu etc.). In earnest, he probably gave up the Champions League long ago as hopeless and he wants to dominate only at home (with alternating success).

El Arabi scored at last against Zvezda. It was a long long way to go with players like these (Camara Randjelovic Benzia).