Phantis Forums

Omonoia9's 2000th post

Omonoia9

Dear Phantis Members,

I never thought this would happen, but after 5 years here, I am finally at the big 2,000 mark. Before 2003, I knew nothing about football. I was a full-time hockey fan here in America. When I went to Cyprus that summer, my cousins finally got me into Omonoia, mainly Andreas Drakou, my younger cousin who with his father are Omonoia season ticket holders. They took me and my brother Spyro to a CL qualifier one night, a 0-0 draw against Kazakh side FC Irtysh Pavlodar. We were in the famed Thyra 9 and we had a great time. The next day, we went to a sports store in Lefkosia, where I bought an Omonoia jersey. When I got back I got FIFA 2004 for the original XBOX. My sister's boyfriend soon gave me a Greek team, Olympiakos, and then I grew to like Juventus as well. When the NHL Lockout struck, and I no longer had my beloved Flyers to focus on. I started following football. Part of that, was joining here, which I did as OlympiakosUSA5. I wasn't that big a poster, but I liked it here, as i still do. Eventually, I decided to take up a challenge. I wanted Cyprus, the world's 2nd Greek voice to have more of a presence here. Instead of being a 2-bit Olympiakos fan who nobody knew, I rebranded myself as Omonoia9, and became the self-proclaimed Phantis King of Cyprus. Irlandos, who I owe so many thanks, took notice of my movement and expanded the Cyprus section. My mission was accomplished, and he further rewarded me later, when he went to bat for me with the other admins, who agreed to make me a moderator. Phantis is part of my daily routine, and it is all of you I have to thank for that. ZHTW ELLADA, ZHTW KYPRO, and thank you all for reading this. This post, is not for me to toot my own horn, but to thank all of you.

Many thanks,

Andreas Mantzas(Omonoia9)

This post is also dedicated to my pappou, Spyros Mantzas, who came from the Tripoli suburb of Agiorgitika to make a better life for our family. He died a month ago after a stroke. Pappou, yiayia misses you everyday

:tup: lovely post.

sorry about your pappou mate and may God bless him and have mercy on his soul.

Thank you Euro2004, and you're always welcome in the Cyprus section!

Archived