Phantis Forums

APOEL - Chelsea FC

Irlandos

Fantastic performance from Apoel tonight! They really deserved a draw. Chelsea had the first half. Then in the second Apoel took over and Chelsea had to fight with everything they had to hold on to the win. Many a good chances to get a draw were sadly lost.

I think all Apoel fans still are very proud of their team tonight! Keep on blessing us with you're david skills! :nw:

I was hoping for an Atletico equaliser as I have visions of APOEL finishing 2nd! :)

Good game! As has already been said, Chelsea ownesd the first half but APOEL got into the rhythm of the game and took over the 2nd half. A draw would have been a much more realistic result as there was, over all, nothing that separated the two clubs.

Btw, imo, APOEL sent a clear message to some other clubs with much support in these forums:

1. You don't have to be scared of a name

2. You don't have to act slow and old - even when you reach 30

3. You can have Greek players on your team and still look the Europeans in the eyes. No need for 10 mercenaries!

great match, what volume the fans had..its a shame charalabidis misse dthat header in the 86' .... lefkosia would have errupted!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that my neighbours thought there was an earthquake when that he got on the end of that header!

Irlandos, I second all your points mate. All you need is a good passing game, good organisation, high work rate, self belief and a*****a! :gr:

Archived