Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Galatasaray

drakos13

Ten Cate did NOT ask for a CB. This was made clear as signings been over since July, Kante was declared an excellent player, Pateras declared that they would sign players if Ten Cate asked for them. He did not.

im not in favor of hiring then firing coaches. i would like to see someone stay for more than 2 years here and actually see things through. The above post is the reason HTC has left himself exposed. I've beed a supporter of HTC but the fact that he didnt get a CB, cmon! This was the year to put things together & he didnt do it. In the past we had good defence, good offense & no mids. Last year we new we needed & upgrade in our offense & a defensive overhaul. Our offense is set, our defense may be worse than last year. No upgrade, nothing & its evident in these Euro results. We are getting scored on like never before. HTC if you make it to Christmas, save your job & fix this problem on "D", in order for someone like me to defend you.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a massive Galatasaray fan I'd say, put the Cisse on the pitch (am aware he was suspended), start with Ninis from the very beginning to the end (he was Turkish fans' favorite player from your side) and make sure Leto do not dive in every single opportunity, then Panathinaikos would easily beat us in istanbul. We were soo unbelievable lucky and our performance was really bad!

I actually liked the way Gilberto played in the second half... i havent seen him with so much pep in his step at PAO..... not once.

I would like to see him play with this type of passion in the future.... does anyone agree?

Also, Ten Kate is going nowhere.... i agree with some points made that he should have played Ninis and Petro from the start, but seriously now, when your side is 0-1 down in the 1st 5 minutes, you cant be blamed for the lineup.

Sovareftite paidia....

Prediction: Ten Kate stays, in december PAO buys a decent CB and Giourkas also comes back, PAO has a very very good run in the Europa, PAO wins the league & Cup.

And all these Ten Kate haters do a complete 360.

Interesting prediction; at the present moment, what do you see in the team to indicate this might happen? Do you think we've been playing good football lately? Is the sky orange? By the way we just lost 3-1 at home to Galatasaray.

I dont believe HTC said he didnt want a CB.

The Management said HTC said that.

The management said we are also not looking for a RB

We got 2 in the last day of transfers

I do. He has been ok with Vyntra Sariegui CB lineup from the begining.

Thats one detail amongst many of why he's not a great coach at all.

Tha to fonazo kai tha to leo

xreiazestai kainourgia amuna sas leo.

Kentro kai mprosta eisaste ok alla i amuna sas exei pio polles trupes kai apo sourotiri.

Lefta upirxan kai uparxoun akoma,as elpisoume oti that ksodeutoune gia auto to skopo ton Ianouario kai oxi tis arloumpes pou evlepa simera se kati efimerides(O Pao paei na agorasei dekari). 1-2 kentrikous amuntikous me prosonta kai pouliste/xariste to Vyntra...

The truth is we never know what is said and what he has or hasnt asked for...

all we know is that themanagement has said, No we are not signin anyone else...

And since then... they loaned out Moon and signed Marino and Giourka...

I believe Giourka waited til the last minute to seee if he coudl get a better deal sto eksoteriko.. Pao raped him lol

I was away, and just watched the game, which I had recorded. I thought PAO played much better than Gala. Better passing, more hustle, more creativity, the only thing we lacked was luck. In most cases I believe one makes their own luck, but sometimes, things don't go your way. I think PAO has some players that play beyond their abilities, such as Sarriegi, Vyntra and Salpiggidis. In Salpis case his relentless work rate enables him to be in position to score. With Sarriegi and Vyntra, I think they are pushing themselves so hard to stay with the game, and they have momentary let-downs, a late tackle, a bad clearance, a missed assignment, it only takes a moment for a top striker to slip a marker. Marinos played as well as could be expected, looked good going forward, not too bad in defence, even with the botched clearance in the first minuet, which I say Galinovic should have came for. Galinovic was the worst player for PAO, the third goal, granted he Baros got away from the defence, where was Galinovic going? He was deked outside the box, and badly too. Ninis added spark, I wonder if he can go 90, he seemed to loose steam near the end of the match. Petropoulos needs to get more minuets, period. The only thing I can see that he needs to work on is his passing. When he needs to outlet or give-and-go, his passes are poorly weighted. Byasjimir looked good, but he let Baros get by him for the third goal. Big hole to dig out of, I hope they can pull it together.

Archived