Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Galatasaray

drakos13

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GALINOVIC SUCKS

Truth is.. galata had maybe 5 chances all game... and most of them gifts from our D...

We have completely dominated chances and possession in this game.... most of their shots were crap. Galinovic is not responsible for any goals.. but he wasnt heroic....

We have an own goal and a huge mistake in our 5 yard box...

I am not worried...

We created chance after chance after chance...

It just wasnt our night....

11 shots 5 headers for pao...

galata had 5 shots and 1 header

WHILE WE WERE 2-0 down, GS had their foot off the gas man. Lets get serious.

First half where were we? Nowhere. Few decent minutes at the end.

Ten Cate F***ed this one up too. Luck, always plays a role. But for the dokari we hit, theres the Baros chance they missed. So it balances. They were playing it cool with the lead all game long since the 2nd minute.

When you simply add up numbers of statistics it doesnt portray a real picture of the game. If it was 0-0 all game PAO would have not exploded. Ten Cate would have hestitated to make changes etc.

Wasnt are night? Just like every damn game is not our night, when its derbies with Gayros, Villareal, Atletico, Sparta, Galatasaray, Panserraikos, Ergotelis, Asteras, Iraklis etc etc etc.

The team is way too talented to be playing this nonsense. Get rid of this stupid blabbering clown Ten Cate already. Lets get a real coach.

All of this is WAY too familiar. The bad loss, the arguement here with people denying that it was anything etc.

Ten Cate F***ed this one up too. Luck, always plays a role. But for the dokari we hit, theres the Baros chance they missed. So it balances. They were playing it cool with the lead all game long since the 2nd minute.

When you simply add up numbers of statistics it doesnt portray a real picture of the game. If it was 0-0 all game PAO would have not exploded. Ten Cate would have hestitated to make changes etc.

Wasnt are night? Just like every damn game is not our night, when its derbies with Gayros, Villareal, Atletico, Sparta, Galatasaray, Panserraikos, Ergotelis, Asteras, Iraklis etc etc etc.

The team is way too talented to be playing this nonsense. Get rid of this stupid blabbering clown Ten Cate already. Lets get a real coach.

File... your like a broken record.

Whenever Pao has a bad result you call for the coaches head.

It is plain to see by everyone that we need a Keeper and a centre back (WHICH TEN KATE ASKED FOR) but he never got.

Defence aside.... we played some pretty attractive football tonight from the midfield beyond, but just couldnt finish our MANY CHANCES. It happens ... THATS FOOTBALL.

No offence buddy but 90% of your posts in here are full of Mizeria.... everything you post is negative, and most of the time its so off the money its not funny.

What was wrong with the lineup? how is it ten kate's fault that Marino would have a brain fade ....... A good Keeper calls for that ball and makes sure his defender gets the **** away from there. Have a look at where Galinovic is standing when Marino makes contact with the ball..... i dont need to say anymore! BAM your instantly on the back foot when u conceed early.

At the end of the day everyone has their own opinions, but seriously, Olo ta idia kai ta idia les re.... O Ten Kate kalos einai... but its types like you that will see him leave our side.

First goal was marino ans gali... exactly liwek the Serres goal... only that marino didnt leave it go...

Point is.. we played some attractive football in the second half..

What did gala do in the first half.. they had one tete a tete?

BIG ###### DEAL

If we were a bit luckier.... and had a better keeper and a more experienced RB, it would prob end up 0-0..

An own goal to make it 0-3 and a mistake on D for the first

Thats life....

Im proud of the boys

File... your like a broken record.

Whenever Pao has a bad result you call for the coaches head.

It is plain to see by everyone that we need a Keeper and a centre back (WHICH TEN KATE ASKED FOR) but he never got.

Defence aside.... we played some pretty attractive football tonight from the midfield beyond, but just couldnt finish our MANY CHANCES. It happens ... THATS FOOTBALL.

No offence buddy but 90% of your posts in here are full of Mizeria.... everything you post is negative, and most of the time its so off the money its not funny.

What was wrong with the lineup? how is it ten kate's fault that Marino would have a brain fade ....... A good Keeper calls for that ball and makes sure his defender gets the **** away from there. Have a look at where Galinovic is standing when Marino makes contact with the ball..... i dont need to say anymore! BAM your instantly on the back foot when u conceed early.

At the end of the day everyone has their own opinions, but seriously, Olo ta idia kai ta idia les re.... O Ten Kate kalos einai... but its types like you that will see him leave our side.

Broken record? Please. Only this season I've supported Ten Cate way too long, but when you focus on it, you can see a bit clearly hes a big part of the problem. What the hell has he DONE here, other than made promises he can't keep, big talk, stupid comments, petty feuds?

The man put Darlas in a CL game, out of PERSONAL GRUDGE. Thats embarassing. The player already got sat out and apologized, and Ten Cate was ridiculous to attack players like that anyways. Its his EGO. Its overgrown like crazy.

Ten Cate did NOT ask for a CB. This was made clear as signings been over since July, Kante was declared an excellent player, Pateras declared that they would sign players if Ten Cate asked for them. He did not.

Marinos was a risk of Ten Cate, and he paid for it big. His fault. We had Gabriel who is more experienced at RB for PAO. Marinos looked lost for a lot of the game.

Lazaros was a pointless choice over Ninis. He did nothing, like always hes just not much of an impact player with us, almost always in the background. Ninis has been in top form, and we saw again when he came on what a difference he makes. He should have been from the begining, and we all saw that tonight.

The experiements the horrible results, who the hell is responsible? Just lady luck every single time? Come on. This is unbeleivable to think its all luck. The team very obvisouly has problems same as 1 yr ago that hes failed to change even with strong signings.

What exactly has been GOOD about Ten Cate. Honestly. The football? It's been mediocre at best. He gave us a ton of talk. We never saw entertaining football in the end, and 1 year ago the defense is just as disastrous as it was then. From 3 from Anorthosis, 3 from Sparta, 3 from Ergotelis, Serres, Attacking we havent really been impressive even with a player of a fantastic talent as Cisse, we have played mostly long ball this early season. For the season opener the team was totally unready.

No derby wins in the last season....so what exactly is "good coach" about the guy, honestly? The experiments? Fallouts with players? The results? We were pretty much out of the league in November last year, this year we barley made it past Sparta to get crushed by Atletico at home. This Atletico is having a terrible season too.

I've been supportinve of HTC all thru last year, but enough is enough. I was sure with anohter summer and some great signings he'd turn things around but I see no improvement whatsover, other than Sebastian Leto is winning games for us on his own almost.

I stopped and realized theres nothing he has really DONE here, not much improvement/promise and the man has had all the support, patience, signings he could want and need. Summer came, big signings came, and the team at many points looks worse. The results are awful the decisions are terrible on his part too.

If its types like me that will see him leave, then GOOD. The point is to NOT have mediocre football, arrogant managers making poor lineups and experiements.

The man is simply not it. Don't let his overconfidence fool you.

NikosV:

Sure if we were luckier, if if if i ---watch ANY football game and not involving PAO and you can apply the same scenarios.

You can trace everything down to luck IF one thing went different and then pose the arguement as to why some teams win/dont win. Its true. Sometimes luck gets the best of us. But that was not simply all luck. We were poor where it counted, and the attacking we did make was too little and too late.

I'm serious about the luck thing too. Try it with ANY match. Hell, if it werent for luck, Debrecen could have pulled a point in Liverpool, if it werent for luck, APOEL would have beaten Atletico, if it werent for luck, Standard would have beat Arsenal etc, you can argue and often trace practically any game down to an instnace of good or bad luck.

GS could have scored MORE, if not for luck--- someone could definitley argue.

You make your own luck. Sometimes thats the game. But this is far too frequent a phenomenon.

We concede FAR too many goals in Europe, and that is not simply "luck".

Weve taken in 3+0+3+2+3 in 5 different games. man thats BULL**** for a team like PAO. WAY too many.

Its not just "luck". Thats dismissing the truth.

Just like its all bad luck with the titles we don't win the last 5 years either.

Interesting how the team gets raped, plays crap football yet some people still support Ten Cate like he's a boyfriend. This result doesn't surprise me at all and we can expect to see him go by December...or before (hopefully)...bye TC...there he goes...wave bye bye

I still think we are going to see him around for the rest of the season. Even if we win, I hope he goes and we start something new again, something to make justice of the roster we do have and get down and serious.

It is interesting that people still think he's great, when he's shown nothing to indicate that. He had a big talk and persona that got us all when he came. Some people have yet to come down from it yet and see him for what is happening with the team last year and now.

If it were not for those 2 CL Matches people would have much much different opinions of him as a whole. For sure.

I think we can win the league --- even with Ten Cate, we've just got the the talent in Cisse/Leto/Salpi and others . But this bull*** talk of Europa Finals has got to stop, maybe now hell shut it. :LOL:

PAO were decent good forward today but appalling defensively. When are we going to address these issues?! I also have to question HTC's tactics again. I meantioned this for the game against Atletico. When you play a high line because you want to attack and they opposing team is quick on the counter you must have fast holding midfielders, why on earth wasn't Simao played?! On top of that, Marinos for Moon is the dumbest move of the transfer season in Greece.

Horrible day all round for Greek football :tdown:

I agree with Drakos here; some fans are just going to have to face up to the reality of whats going on. I think TC has been given enough time and the fact is the team has enough money for a better, more reputable coach. Yes, there are coaches out there who are better! Our situation is not as bad as it could be: we have depth and talent on this team but we need someone intelligent who can create a workable side, see who has the best chemistry and make it happen! I have to say though if the guy stays until the end of the season its going to be long and painful. If I had a chance I'd get Markarian back here in a second. Don't know what he's doing now though.

As a die hard Galatasaray fan and a supporter of PAO, I have my reasons to be happy and unhappy.

It's very important to win against the most important opposition in the group without even sweating (some of you say PAO has chances but there's one thing you seem to forget, PAO overall was nowhere to be seen until after 0-2 and most attacks came out of desperation, that's why the finishing were so damn poor in many occasions). It's also very important to win away to a very strong team with the best two central defenders out injured, and the third-choice defender getting injured on 25'. As I'll talk about GS on the GS forum, I now want to focus on PAO.

- Leto.. nothing different from his Olympiakos days.. dribble, dive, dribble, dive.. this is definitely not how you use your technique against strong opposition in Europe. not "my PAO player"..

- Marinos.. the guy's young, looked bleak.. do not be hard on him, he wil improve..

- Kats.. looked totally out of place and balance..

- Galinovic.. fast becoming a Nikopolidis, though he wasn't at fault for the 2nd or 3rd goals..

- Ten Cate.. bloody hell man! I kept telling my friends we watched the game with that Ninis could be the Arda of PAO and be the most dangerous player with his vision and you sit him out for Lazaros Idontknowwhatimdoingoutthereopoulos!!! Silly decision at best!!

I'm ecstatic for the CimBom win anyway.. But Ten Cate! Come on!! :tdown:

in all honesty, it was marinos inexeperience that showed the most at the first goal and also a lack of communication between the keeper and defence.

the lack of inexperience of marinos been displayed ever so evident on a european night isnt really marinos' fault, bc he showed some good signs and looked ok going forward, but more managemants fault.

seitaridis was free from may and they decided on him the very last day they could sign him when he is inelligible for europa, and not fit! a seitaridis out there (even a gabriel but lets not go that far) would of had more composure to deal with that event at first goal.

marinos also lost the ball to baros (?) i think in the corner flag in our defensive half in the 2nd half which i thought was very poor bc he was tryiong to kick it ontoi the gala striker to get a throw in!

anyways.

personally, one positive was bjasimir (the swede). despite playing on a poor european night conceeding 3 goals, collectively of what i have seen since he has joined i really like. he has the same composure and relaxed attitude that henriksen displayed and he made an excellent tackle in the box late second half when baros was off again.

galinovic. definately time to start either using tzorvas to see what hes made of, an/or dig into the market bc we cant build a foundation with him. im convinced. i think hes partly to fault for first goal (only partly) bc u can see on replay that hes almost right behind marinos ready to dive onto the ball but no communication (unless marinos is deaf). rushing out on second goal, he was in no mans land. he thoght he could beat baros to the ball? who is he, usain bolt! he should stayed in teh box come out and use his hands to dive forward and close the angle. either way he was exposed by stupid defence and midfield on second goal!

set pieces. if anyone is gonna sound like a broken record about anything its me and about set pieces. and tonight ive noticed that its not only the delivery of set pieces/corners its the mentality of the players attacking the ball - or should i say lack of awareness and positioning during a set piece in the box.

in the second half there were at least 6 or 7 galata players defending a corner and when we are losing only 4 players casually jogging in to attack. given that most corners are of poor delivery ( i still believe leto's are better than kara) no one apart from petropoulos ever seems to have a chance of winning a header, unless its a gift.

and ten cate...why couldnt we start the match the way you ended it with ninis and petro in. if ninis andpetro had an ounce more composure they could of finished some chances. esp petro post and the one on one he missed by using his outside of the foot and ninis who missied a shot on the top left of the box when he could of curled it with his right late in the game.

embarassing result, i thought poor crowd and poor atmosphere for what should of been a derby and hell for the turks (i mean atmosphere and crowd).

group is def not over but i dont think we will go far in the tournament.

I red some comments and just want to tell that PAO is sick. This is not only for this game, we were talking with GS1905 after Athletiko mathces also before this match and we were sure for a win against PAO. I don't say Galatasaray played perfect or deserved the score but i can just say PAO is sick and Ten Cate is not a good doctor. Galatasaray was playing sure PAO was in a panic...

Bad result to say the least. There is something vital missing from the team. We looked good at times, especially in the last 30 minutes but this is becoming a pattern. We look like we play well but if it's a good team across, they win comfortably. This happened last year with Inter and Bremen at home, and again with Atletico and Galata this season.

Sure luck was not on our side, but like Adonis said, having only Marinos to rely upon is not the kid's fault. He did have a good game but two major boo-boos in one game will get him on the fans' booing list in a flash. BTW, I thought Vintra would have been a better option at RB, but our booing fans have burned this card long time ago.

Nothing is lost but this has been brutal. Five european games, 4 defeats. It's not like any of the teams we've played was unbeatable, but we made them that we the way we play. We come in the games flat and slow instead of blazing. I think the team is just way too tight. Ten Cate has some responsibility here. He needs to find a way to get the team fired up.

In the positives, Bjarsmyr looked pretty good, and Marinos showed promice. Ninis is on fire and Petropoulos made more space for himself tonight than Cisse has found in all his games so far (I don't think Petropoulos should be starting over Cisse, but he looked like he could have started tonight).

I don't know what to say about Galinovic. It's easy to look bad when you are so exposed. I squarely blame all three goals on Sariegi tonight. I should really blame Antoniou for not buying a LCB too.

In the first goal, Baros gets a forward pass and with a simple twist leaves Sariegi in the dust. The Marinos mistake was as bad as it would have been a good defensive play if he had cleared the ball.

In the second goal, Sariegi jumps the ball (knowing he is slower than Baros) and keeps Baros onside. Galinovic coming out of his box was not brilliant, but once again, a player was placed in jeopardy and it's easy to make mistakes.

The third goal was just the culmination of a horrible night for Sariegi. What the heck was he doing with his feet? I don't see how anyone can blame Galinovic seeing the ball hugging the post when he was already leaning the other way.

Lastly, the portion of the fans who booed Galinovic are complete idiots and their behavior was more embarrassing than the loss.

...@@@@PAO gave up 3 goals at home (again)!!!

I mean Gala is a decent team. They have some fantastic players Keita, Elano, Baros, Arda, Hakan Balta, Emre etc EXCEPT that moronic f*** Kewell! I can't stand that moronic (unt!) but PAO was not a 3 -1 worse side. If anything they played much the better football for longer periods of time.

I think I have to agree with those who are putting this at Ten Cate's feet. He is way too negative. Why does he line up the way he does?!?!? Ninis and Petropoulos changed the game when they came on.

Marinos (and Marijo) screwed up the first goal as if they were playing beach soocer. I didn't see goal 2 as I was in the toilet doing a number 2 and the 3rd goal was a stupid park football own goal.

Man how much further is Greek football going to slide....effing Debreceni go to Anfield and lose 1 - 0 and AEK go to Everton and lose 4 - 0.

WTF peoples?!?!?!?!?1?!?

hahahahaha these results are making crazeeeeeeeeee bwhahahahaha

Also I hate how foreign (British) commentators call Panathinaikos "PANA". WTF is with that!?! DO some research you ignorant @@@@@@@@@@@@

I didn't watch the game and I doubt I will. I saw the goals scored and I didn't see Gali being responsible for any of them. The second, well, he could have dived instead of.. I don't know what he was trying to do, but it wasn't his fault the attacker was left alone by PAO defense. So, unless, Gali was unstable during the rest of the game, I don't see a problem. Having said that, I'd like to see if Tzorvas can play better. Gali was bad against Atletiko though.

Look, this is an embarrassing result, but it's not the end. If we could win at Werder and Milan, then we can win in Turkey and elsewhere.

On the other hand, maybe PAO will start dominating in Greece and suck in euro play.... We've lost 4 of the 5 games we've played so far this season in Europe!

One last point tonight.... We discussed this in another thread, but I was surprised to hear that Kate hasn't trained the team on set pieces. I believe it. I saw Cisse taking a miserable penalty shot... Then the corner kicks by players (sorry, it includes Letto) that suck.... And, tonight the "wall" (2 players that were loose and moved) when the 3rd goal was scored... Amaturish! :tdown:

I actually liked the way Gilberto played in the second half... i havent seen him with so much pep in his step at PAO..... not once.

I would like to see him play with this type of passion in the future.... does anyone agree?

Also, Ten Kate is going nowhere.... i agree with some points made that he should have played Ninis and Petro from the start, but seriously now, when your side is 0-1 down in the 1st 5 minutes, you cant be blamed for the lineup.

Sovareftite paidia....

Prediction: Ten Kate stays, in december PAO buys a decent CB and Giourkas also comes back, PAO has a very very good run in the Europa, PAO wins the league & Cup.

And all these Ten Kate haters do a complete 360.

the lack of inexperience of marinos been displayed ever so evident on a european night isnt really marinos' fault, bc he showed some good signs and looked ok going forward, but more managemants fault.

seitaridis was free from may and they decided on him the very last day they could sign him when he is inelligible for europa, and not fit! a seitaridis out there (even a gabriel but lets not go that far) would of had more composure to deal with that event at first goal.

Agreed 100%. That Seitaridis signing was 2 months late, and we all knew that. I think Gabriel should have started over Marinos anyways IMO thats a Ten Cate error too. Gabriel is useful going forward too.

Gilberto did fine. My biggest issue with him is he a horrible shooter, like very bad. But thats not why we play him so no big deal.

Yes, Ten Cate is going nowhere. That doesn't change that he has done nothing at PAO aside from live off of 2 CL results. The football we've seen so far has been nothing. Making chances yesterday when were 2-0 down is not enough.

League, even with Ten Cate we should win. We're very strong roster.

As for the lineup yesterday, true 0-1 down has not much to do with it, except for Marinos, and also that there was never any reason to play Lazaros over Ninis, all that was inevitably going to happen was Ninis replaceing him and outperforming him after it was too late. It was clear from the moment I saw that lineup.

BTW, speaking of bad luck, Petropoulos....... He really deserved a goal, and for his name to get out there. Big fan of this guy, and he really should have started from the begining too, as a replacement for Cisse.

Well, it seems that at PAO we just can't get it right. Either we will jump on the bench's roof and chase down the coach in the third game of the season or we will just sit back and pretend nothing's wrong even after a zillion identically bad games. It's not just that we mess it up - it's that we mess it up in, more or less, the same way. In this particular case, the whole HTC phenomenon is, to a huge extend, due to the organomenoi attitude toward the new management, which is strikingly different from the one they showed toward the previous management. I 'm always the first to jump in and call for patience and good will when things go wrong but I can't jsut overlook some obvious facts. Defeats will happen, esp. against good sides, BUT:

1) How many good DMs do you need to stop the opponents coming in in waves? Gilberto played for two in the last Brazil game after Melo's suspension and everyone said he did great and nothing went past him. Katsouranis is out of form right now but he's Katsouranis and we 're only discussing defence. And there's Simao. These guys should be more than enough to control the midfield defensively. So, OK Cyber, Sarriegi sucked yesterday but these guys were coming down practically whenever they wanted. HTC should have found some way to make this work - the ingredients are there.

2) Where's our offensive tactics? I really don't get it. So far, with all those AMs and Cisse in the roster, we haven't seen a proper offensive play, unless Kara finds Salpi with a through ball. Other than that, there's no plan and absolutely no movement without the ball.

3) Against strong teams, not only do we lose ridiculously easily we also pretend there's no reason to be upset about it. Against Atletico we lost at OAKA and then went to Spain with the noble purpose of losing with dignity; against Galata we pushed the dirt under the carpet as HTC informed us that we were unlucky and what everyone repeats ad nauseam is that we 're going for league glory. That was after the game because before the game HTC and Giourkas were talking about reaching the final. Is this nonsense good for our reputation? Is it good for team morale?

4) OK, Galata and Atletico are strong, Sparta more fit than PAO early in the season and they all scored three against us. If these excuses are acceptable anyone can be PAO's coach: you need a good coach to take some matches with his tactics and genious. HTC only did that against Bremen - against Inter we were nicely arranged but luck played some part too. And may I remind you that he's getting 2 mil a year?

5) Supposedly, the management/Antoniou/HTC triangle meet every now and then and plan their moves. And, suddenly, we change everything at RB on the very last day of the transfer window and enter negotiations to sign Jiranek for January. Did we need an RB or not? Do we need a CB or not? Maybe they don't realise that all this insecurity is simply not good for the team. You think you need a CB you go and sign one and get over with it and put an end to all this talk. And if it's a money thing you just tell everybody that you don't have all that much money. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Enough with this big macho talk, says I, time to get serious. It's good for the team. Too many huge egos like sone said before but this is not where they shoud satisfy them.

I think it's time for everyone at PAO to realise that there's more in this club than just some guys who live and breathe for wins and titles just to make OSFP look bad. There are many people -many of them appear on Phantis- who want good football, tidy management and a serious attitude. Wins and titles too, of course.

I cannot really comment on the game compared to the others who have watched the game but if I was a football fan of any Greek club I would be worried. Two of the best teams ship 7 goals and score one. The Greek national team are also a sympton of poor form. I am not sure what it is but whatver something needs to change and fast for the sake of all Greek teams and fans. I think the biggest thing is playing and having the desire for success as a team. For Pana you are playing a team that should be your biggest arch rival, it seems like something like passion, desire and hunger to beat the enemy was missing. I do not know what the answer is for Greek football but after Euro 04 it is like we have stood still in time. Look at Ukraine , Russia and Romania, their clubs are moving ahead and are becoming the new threat to the rest. They have a hunger and desire something which is lacking in the Greek game

And may I remind you that he's getting 2 mil a year?

Seriously?!? :huh:

I know the man is actually a huge ass when it comes to money. Even got taken to taken to court and lost because he was quite belligerent. Irrelevant but fun to know.

Anyways your post says everything I wanted to say better than I could say it.

Spot on. He gets a lot of support, but the issue is it's not founded on anything, except for 1-2 rare results, and he became a fan favourite when he complained about the referees every match really, and got really 'vocal', which is good, but looking back, its worth nothing.

Archived