Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Galatasaray

drakos13

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This match also will be match of Henk Ten Cate and Frank Reijkaard...

Cate was assistant of Reijkaard when they were in Barcelona...

I just red Henk Ten Cate gave an interwiev and told that this won't be his match with Reijkaard it will be match between Grecee and Turkey ;) Its clever interviev for motivation and also to make full stat for the Galatasaray match, but i think a little unnecessary anyway GS plays with the 3,2 goal avarage this year and team is ready but even they won to Besiktas 3-0 last saturday they didn't show an excellent game. I beleive Galatasaray will won or a draw will be but Panathinaikos not an easy team to won i always afraid teams like Panathinaikos so i gave,

% 40 GS wins

% 30 Draw

% 30 PAO wins

It looks like the game is not going to be sold out. Goal.com said maybe 40k will show up. I don't get it, but we'll see. I don't see how the stadium could be half-empty. It would be a blow for the team's morale I think.

Anyway, with Cisse out Salpi will be the point man, and it looks like Ten Cate has made up his mind with the defense. Marinos will start and I hope he does well to begin a bright career. Personally I can see how using Vintra has merit but it might be a good time to see someone else. Spyropoulos will be on the left. He had an amazing game with the NT (when we played with 3 CBs and 16 DMs) but a few days later in Thraki he was not as good. I hope he puts on his good form for this one.

Bjarsmyr Sariegi are getting established and we'll see how they do against real forwards.

I like the Katsouranis/Gilberto/Karagounis DM formation even though I think Karagounis is a game changer when he plays high. Leto has taken the "number 11" home and Salpi has been our scorer so far in Europe.

Now, on the right wing I think Ten Cate will play Ninis.

I see a triumphant 4-0 for PAO, but then again you know I always hope for the best. Realistically, I think it will be a 3-0 win :P Posted Image

ok, here's an analysis of both sides in my book..

PAO

--------------------------Gali---------------------

--Marinos----Sarriegi-----Bjarsmir---Spyro---

------------------Silva--------Kats---------------

--------------------------Kara--------------------

---Ninis----------------------------------Leto----

--------------------------Salpi--------------------

Positives

- Playing in front of a delirious sellout crowd of around 60,000 fans

- The experience of players such as Silva and Karagounis

- Although the back4 is newly formed, they haven't conceded in the league

- Leto's in top form

Negatives

- With Cisse out, can Salpi provide that target man role? Will Mantzios be badly missed?

- The back4 is newly formed, but hasn't been tested against proper opposition yet.

- The central midfield may be too slow and old against a younger GS midfield.

- Galinovic, who can be prone to mistakes when shots from long range come in.

Galatasaray SK

-------------------------Leo Franco----------------

--Sabri----------Emre Aşık---Servet-----Balta--

-----------------Sarp------------Topal-------------

----------------------------Elano-------------------

--Kader Keita------------------------------Arda---

---------------------------Baros--------------------

Positives

- They can win games and score goals even when they play sub-standard (vs Beşiktaş, 3-0)

- Kewell & Nonda may come on any given time and change the game in one second

- The right wing's attacking prowess with Keita and Sabri may prove too good for Spyropoulos & Leto

- Players like Elano, Baros and Arda will be desperate to prove critics wrong after the Beşiktaş game

Negatives

- Aşık-Servet did not gel as good as Gokhan-Servet and make mistakes in positioning.

- With Ayhan out, can Topal do his job and be the link between attack and defence?

- Elano will be starting at AM C for the first time in his Galatasaray career.

- With nearly all players at NTs, fatigue can have an impact on the team.

Coaches also have a history with each other from FC Barcelona, and FC Barcelona v Chelsea days, and at Barca Rijkaard failed miserably after falling out with Ten Cate and replacing him with Neeskens, who is also with him at Galatasaray now.

I sense a 2-2 draw here. But the team who scores first is also important.

Positives:

NO BRYCE MOON :D

Negatives:

I'm terrified Rukavina will play.

I hope Petropoulos gets the target man role, and finally shines when the spotlight is on....

Ten Cate jokingly said he'd kill Frank Rijkaard if he took points from him.

Haha, I think its funny because fans are going to kill Ten Cate if Frank takes points from him! :LOL:

Does anyone know if there a legal stream that will show this game? I'd be willing to pay to purchase the game.

And does anyone know what Greek channel will televise this game?

UEFA.com has expanded their live streaming offerings to include the Europa league. Here is the list of available matches with Pao-galata included for $9.95 I've used the UEFA stream before several times and it has been good quality.

Ant1 will show it in Greece.

Does anyone know if there a legal stream that will show this game? I'd be willing to pay to purchase the game.

And does anyone know what Greek channel will televise this game?

UEFA.com has expanded their live streaming offerings to include the Europa league. Here is the list of available matches with Pao-galata included for $9.95 I've used the UEFA stream before several times and it has been good quality.
Do you happen to know the exact link, because I tried to go to UEFA.com and "video" but it's only offering the English teams' game. Apparently I can only watch the game if I live in Greece though :unsure:

Basically I went to his page:

http://video.uefa.com/video/geoindex.html

I then clicked at the bottom of the Europa League list (where it says 'play'") and this list came up:

http://video.uefa.com/Video/Live/Competiti.../MatchList.html

It's showing CSKA Sofia vs Fulham, Everton vs AEK, and Athletico Bilbao vs Austria Wien. Then underneath it says in small print "All live match coverage of the UEFA Europa League is a service of the respective rights holding broadcaster in your region. For more information visit your local broadcaster website - Five - ITV UK". So I'm guessing that means that no broadcaster in my region (England) has rights to the PAO-Galata game? :unsure:

Being in the UK myself, I have the same problem as Euro. If you guys have any ideas please oh please share them. Thanks!

If you live in London there are many local Turkish Pub or place have ''D-Smart'' which will give the match in Turkey. In ''North London/East London'' or around ''Manor House'' you can find easly but i'm not sure if you would like to watch there :D :D

It could be adventure maybe for you...

euro look in genomes sig, it has a massive list of sites that are legal/illegal you can try. I have the same problem being in NZ, thank God espn grew some Balls and are showing this game live, i will be up at 5 to watch, mmm might go sleep for 3 hours...

as for game, i want PAO to win but i Bet on a draw, due to that fact i see it going 3 ways, 4-0, 0-0, or i pray to God this doesnt happen 0-4...This was the first time i put a bet that wasnt in favour of my team...i figure if its a draw at least i'll getmoney if not well id pay for pao to win and id be mega pissed if gala won anyway even if i did get moeny...draws are just so empty

lets hope if we go down badly that the fans throw flares onto the pitch and abbandon the game, fluff uefa and their anti mediterainianness....

Archived