Phantis Forums

Moldova - Greece

dark_horse

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We certainly won't lose but Moldova can be stubborn so I'd like to see an early goal.

Anything else than 3 points here is a loss.

Unfortunately, whenever Greece need results they never seem to get them and with difficulties in scoring I would recommend X2 for this game. X is equivalent to defeat for Greece I should add.

lets wait and see

I have a feeling a tie or a loss for our side. With Otto at the helm, our chances for qualification are slim to none. Moldova, believe it or not, are a tough side in Chisenau. The last time we played them away we barely won with a last second Lymperopoulos goal (after Basinas missing a penalty).

I wish I knew who is going to play RB (Patsa??). Anyone have any ideas?? We need Gekas and Samaras starting up front (I have no clue why Otto uses Samaras as a sub and starts Charisteas all the time...he is too slow and cannot make or capitalize on any chances). What happens if Spyropoulos gets injured during the match; who will take his spot???

Otto is obviously inept. After we lost Vyntra during the Swiss match, he should have put in 2 more defenders and tightened up the midfield with only 1 lone striker and go for the draw. There was no reason why we had to concede 2 goals in the final 10 minutes of such a crucial match.

I have a feeling we are playing for 3rd place in the group.

Guest the pirate ship

Guys, guys. Let's settle down. We are clearly the class of this group and everyone knows it. Two VERY unlucky losses to the Swiss are unfortunate, but we can still rebound. Our most creative and arguably our best player (Karagounis) was absent from the second meeting and Vyntra was unfairly given a red.

We aren't playing poorly but there is obviously much room for improvement. First Samaras needs to start, he has been the best player for us the last few months. I also believe Gekas should start because no one else can really seem to score. Please Otto, stop starting Charisteas. Katsouranis needs to show himself, as he has been very ineffective.

As for Wednesday, I see us rebounding with a 0-2 win. Goals coming from Amanatidis and Samaras. There is no reason why we can't get these last 9 points (Latvia might be tough though). I fully expect the Swiss to drop points against Israel and Latvia and maybe even Luxembourg :P. I look forward to chatting with you all as this is my first post :gr:

I look forward to chatting with you all as this is my first post :gr:

Welcome to the forum Pirate! :tup:

I hate to see we've given our qualification out of our hands and into the hands of the Swiss (and their opposition).

We should and probably will win but I'm still a bit disappointed ...

I don't know but Greece might not even make 2nd place... and if it does, it'll be hard to qualify for the world cup.

Haristeas shouldn't be playing... it was evident to me long time ago. I think Ninis should have played against the Swis.

Otto will have to retire soon.

mmm i see a 0-1 win for greece, 67' goal to kyrgiakos off a corner

HOWEVER i also predict a 1-0 win for LAtvia over the *swizz*

If this happens I'll be so happy that i'd gladly kiss your feet... hell, i'd be so happy i'd gladly kiss your arse! :P

I see us winning 0-1 or 0-2.

I also see Switzerland either escaping with a 1-2 win. So whatever happens way it will be enough for them to ultimately win the group.

If this happens I'll be so happy that i'd gladly kiss your feet... hell, i'd be so happy i'd gladly kiss your arse! :P

hey hey, behave yourself!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

with a few hours to go i think i'll try get some sleep but i am very nervous about this match, normally i would not be so anxious before a match with moldova but this is do or die....we have started the knock out round already....though its conforting vintra will not be playing hahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh man im sorry

anything less than 4-0 is not accpetable, both for goal differentiation and to show the fans tht they are pissed that they are still making this qualification so difficult in theis easy freakin qualifying group....

if otto does not let them loose against this team and plays that tight as* , "play not to lose" style, well then maybe he is past his useful life....

i was reading the transcript of the greece/england under 21 game...seems like we had many many more good chances than england, especially in the second half...i guess that coach has confidence in his teams ability to create more scoring chances...

this is the kind of respect we get........and from whom? brazil ? italy....no POLAND !!!!! (at least its not albania talking)

"This is the way I see it, we take second place in the group and play Greece in the playoffs. The first match we will win in Poland, and the rematch will be at the stadium of Olympiacos. And it will be there that we will enjoy the success of qualification. This is only my own prediction, but it allows me to think positively." the Polish team captain added.

until THIS impression and interpretation of GREEK foorball changes, we will always be mediocre........p e r i o d ............ half of the battle in sports is beating your opponent BEFORE you even step onto the field.........you think this po-lock sounds scared or intimdated?

in my leauge, if someone had the ba**s to say something like this, he would get an elbow right to head within the first minute of the game

Archived