Phantis Forums

Setanta Sports

I have dish network here in the US and was flipping through the channels the other day and saw that I had Setanta Sports. I know in the past Dish charged $14.99. Does anyone know if this is a free preview to lure customers in or did they make it part of their basic cable package?

I could not find anything useful on their site.

Thanks

I used to work for Dish Network so every summer Setanta has free preview for the month of August to atract new customers. Now something that not everybody knows, including Dish customer service employees if you want to subscribe and you also subscribing to international package like the Greek for example you get Setanta for only $9.99 per month instead of the regular $14.99 for the other customers. If you call Dish to add tell them that you are international customers therefore you qualify for the $9.99 price.

Also I forgot to mention if you want to get ESPN Deportes the latino channel that has most of the Champions League games you can get the latino bonus package which is only 15.00 per month and also includes ESPN deportes with other latinos channels including the Playboy channel for one low price only of 15.00 per month. I think it is a bargain.

^ In the US, I don't think ESPN or ESPN Deportes has the rights to any Champions League games anymore. Fox Soccer Channel will be showing every single CL game this season. Personally I like it better since I get to watch all of Oly's matches in the CL.

I have the Latino Package on digital cable which has at least 10 channels including GolTV and ESPN Deportes (but no Playboy) for only 4 dollars a month. Gol TV is good for watching matches from top leagues other than the English League and Champions League. ESPN and ESPN Deportes will also show a match or two from the English and Spanish Leagues each week.

Archived