Phantis Forums

Switzerland - Greece

dark_horse

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Greece only had one really good chance the whole game. That doesn't cut it in World Cup play.

Swiss deserved the game but I didn't see the yellow cards that caused the RED Card so if it was questionable then that really is not fair.

Over......OTTO's days are done. I've supported him as much as possible but it's clear that he waited way too long to make lineup changes and to get those new additions into the lineup.

The team is looking old. 30 years and up is old in soccer; time to get some youth in there.

Here's to Latvia beating up on Israel and putting Greece out completely. Greece doesn't deserve the chance of backing into the World Cup.

Otto....thanks for 2004 but pack your bags as soon as possible. Greece isn't a fun team to watch....just about every other team is.

Didn't see the game (someone turned off the live stream) but that does sound a bit harsh Jarvis. They were down to ten men, harshly, for the majority of the game and were still only 7 minutes from a great point.

Here's to 9 points from 9 for Greece in the next three games and at least a play-off spot...

The referee won the game for them. Greece actually played very well but the boys clearly got tired by the end of the game. Vintra did nothing wrong and the Swiss 2nd goal was miles offside. How on earth can a referee of this calibre be in charge of such an important game? It's a disgrace.

Switzerland always seem to get decisions go their way, I hate to say it but I'm starting to think UEFA (based in Switzerland) might be affecting results. Greece have to report this ref and demand that his "betting habits" are investigated. Whether or not there's any truth in that is irrelevant, it will place enough of a spotlight on the situation to prevent this ref ever being in charge of a big game again. Disgraceful.

Didn't see the game (someone turned off the live stream) but that does sound a bit harsh Jarvis. They were down to ten men, harshly, for the majority of the game and were still only 7 minutes from a great point.

Here's to 9 points from 9 for Greece in the next three games and at least a play-off spot...

Yes I made the point that I didn't see the Red Card but maybe Otto should have taken Vyntra out so the secodn Red wouldn't happen.

Even with that he took out strikers and put in strikers with the team down to ten men and less than 10 minutes left. Maybe at that time you play the best defenders.

To conclude....it's not just this game that made me come to my conclusion. I applauded the fact that Basinas and Dellas were excluded but this should have been done some time ago. Why does it always take so long???

If you are under 25 and a good soccer player in Greece then don't bother looking forward to national team games. This theme has played itself since 2004 and will continue until Otto is gone.

Don't expect this team to qualify for the World Cup and keep in mind that they are in the weakest division by far. SWISS is not a power house.

Maybe Otto and the team will prove me wrong.....somehow I doubt it.

i agree with euro2004

btw table is so

Group Stage 2010 - Group Two Table

Overall Home Away

RK TEAM GP W D L GS GA W D L GS GA W D L GS GA GD P

1 Switzerland 7 5 1 1 13 6 3 0 1 7 3 2 1 0 6 3 7 16

2 Greece 7 4 1 2 12 6 2 0 1 6 3 2 1 1 6 3 6 13

3 Latvia 7 4 1 2 11 6 1 1 1 3 3 3 0 1 8 3 5 13

4 Israel 7 2 3 2 10 9 0 2 1 3 4 2 1 1 7 5 1 9

5 Luxembourg 7 1 2 4 3 13 0 1 3 1 10 1 1 1 2 3 -10 5

6 Moldova 7 0 2 5 2 11 0 1 3 2 6 0 1 2 0 5 -9 2

hope you can get the jist....F***en latvia will be tough now......who do the swizz play again???

i know they have the jews last who im hoping will play with pride and put up a fight.

although i think greece may draw an easier team in the play off....scotland, northern ireland are two options atm

k the swizz play

away latvia on wed, latvia win could see them take 2nd (maybe we could take 1st) then, away to luxembourg, home to isreal....i dont see the swizz taking 9 points aye...or even 7. they are not a good team and i am very disapointed we blew it today but all is not lost yet

all we can do now is kick the s%$#! out of whoever we play and get our goal diff up to like +10

I didn't see the game but from what I read Greece the Swis didn't deserve to win. But, Greece lost twice to them already and GR doesn't control its future.... unless it scores 3 victories in 3 remaining games to get to the playoffs...

One footnote: Vyntra is a player that tries hard, but I'm convinced this guy has a curse! :ph34r: For all his efforts that I admire, this player has been a liability for PAO. It's cost the team many times in the past; the wrost in euro play. Clubs would pay a lot of $$$ to advance to the next round, but we had Vyntra that cost us CRITICAL games.

I know that every player has bad moments and makes mistakes, but Vyntra times this perferctly to screw up when it matters absolutely! :angry: NOTE:I'm not saying the ref was correct in ejecting Vyntra. All I'm saying is that Vyntra somehow is part of bad situations... and that's why he stand out in our minds as the player to screw up at critical moments.

I think if GR plays strong, they can get to the playoffs... If not, I think Otto should be retired.

I didn't see the game but from what I read Greece the Swis didn't deserve to win. But, Greece lost twice to them already and GR doesn't control its future.... unless it scores 3 victories in 3 remaining games to get to the playoffs...

One footnote: Vyntra is a player that tries hard, but I'm convinced this guy has a curse! :ph34r: For all his efforts that I admire, this player has been a liability for PAO. It's cost the team many times in the past; the wrost in euro play. Clubs would pay a lot of $$$ to advance to the next round, but we had Vyntra that cost us CRITICAL games.

I know that every player has bad moments and makes mistakes, but Vyntra times this perferctly to screw up when it matters absolutely! :angry: NOTE:I'm not saying the ref was correct in ejecting Vyntra. All I'm saying is that Vyntra somehow is part of bad situations... and that's why he stand out in our minds as the player to screw up at critical moments.

I think if GR plays strong, they can get to the playoffs... If not, I think Otto should be retired.

I'm one of Vintra's biggest critics but he was not at fault today. He was literally sent off for no reason. Magnin was the dirtiest player on the pitch and got away with everything during this game. The referee was an absolute disgrace. I cannot understand how guys like this can be in charge of major games. He gave them everything! They were playing with 12 men.

This day has actually given me a team, player (Magnin) and referee to hate. I'd love to see them cop 5 each game at the world cup. cheating pricks.

First of all Greece played a good game, tactically they were fairly solid from a defensive persepective. However, offensively even when we had 11 players Greece struggled to maintain any posession, which would have taken some of the burden off of our back line which I thought did an excellent job today. This campaign for qualifying really has screwed us on two m*****es ( avram screwing up against the swiss in greece and the red card on vyntra). If you take away those to instances Greece is first place in the group with at least a 2 point lead. We must have a jynx on us for WCQers. I thought the refree really killed the game with that red.

However there are some positives from this game, we saw that Spyropoulos, Kyriakos, Moras and Papastathopoulos proved to be a very solid back line for us. Hopefully Spyropoulos gets to start more frequently we finally had a player making runs up a wing; something Seitaridis used to do. Perhaps Toro can be used on the wings now or in a more offensive role to give our strikers some service. Since Greece's strength is defense at least we know Moras and Papastathopoulos will be solid main stays. The best teams start form D and work their way up.

Call me crazy I think we have a chance still for first place, Siwtzerland looked awful today, Latvia has allot to play for and are not easy to beat away from home. If Greece can get Karagounis back in the mix and keep a similar backline to what they had today I think we will win our last 3 games. Furthermore, Samaras needs to start up front or in the middle, he is the only greek player other than karagounis that can hold the ball and make good plays. hopefully next game we see something like this,

---------------------------------Chalkias----------------------

Papastathopoulos-----Moras-------Kyrgiakos-------Spyropoulos

-----------------------------Katsouranis-------------------------------

Amanatidis----------------------------------------Karagounis----------

-----------------------------Samaras------------------------------------

-----------------Salpigiddis-------------------------charisteas------------

ITS AMAZING WHAT HAVING A NATURAL LEFT FOOTED PLAYER on the left can do for making a team run properly

ELLAS OLE OLE DEN STAMATO NA TRAGOUTHO POTE

ps- dont be to upset new commer greek fans aka post euro 2004 back in the day we would be more concerned about whether or not we would be getting pumped latvia as opposed to saying we could possibly win the next 3 lol

who remembers that one in oaka???

Archived