Phantis Forums

Partizan Belgrade - APOEL

Irlandos

For those that didn't see the game, APOEL were brilliant today. Partizan scored quite a lucky goal after merely 3 mins but a richoche flew into the path of Moreira who scored from close range. Needless to say APOEL then faced an uphill task. Partizan with their tails up in front of their amazing fans who were creating an exceptional atmosphere. (It's not just the colours that are the same, even the chants they were singing were the same as PAOK's!). It really was a fantastic atmosphere but did APOEL wither and die? No. They faced another 87+ mins and they were excellent in defence.

APOEL also threatened on numerous ocassions, hitting the post and having Zewlakow miss 2 great chances and Mirosavljevic miss another. In the latter stages of the game I was really nervous for APOEL, the yellows went down to 10 men late on and with Washington (a 6"8 monster!) on the pitch every long ball into the box had my heart in my mouth. Chiotis was amazing tonight though. He was dominant in commanding crosses and his shot stopping was amazing. If he was as good as this every week I'd have no problem with him being Greece's no.1.

APOEL made it and we're one step closer to having a Cypriot team in the CL 2 years in a row! :tup: :gr: What a great couple of days! Shame about Omonoia but to have Oly seal their progress, PAO to come back from the dead and APOEL to get through is wonderful. If APOP cause a huge shock and PAOK finish the job tomorrow I think I'll run down the street naked with joy!

On a closing note I have to congratulate Partizan. Just like Red Star last year they were wonderful hosts and they created an amazing atmosphere. :tup:

On a closing note I have to congratulate Partizan. Just like Red Star last year they were wonderful hosts and they created an amazing atmosphere. :tup:

...and warmly applauded our heroes after the game was over :)

On a closing note I have to congratulate Partizan. Just like Red Star last year they were wonderful hosts and they created an amazing atmosphere.  :tup:

...and warmly applauded our heroes after the game was over :)
That really does show great character. Wonderful!

Archived