Phantis Forums

RIGHTS TO SUPER LEAGUE SOCCER

Over one week and still no response from this guy?! I guess this company doesn't bother responding to email inquiries, unless its from someone important :rolleyes:

I also emailed ANT1 and surprise, surprise I received a reply the next day! They basically told me that they haven't made a decision yet on what sports programming (if any) will air on ANT1 Satellite this season. I take this to mean they either don't plan on airing any soccer or they haven't reached a deal yet with this stupid TAF company. One thing I found funny was they told me that they will update viewers well in advance of the start of the season- uh correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the Super League season start in two weeks (Aug. 22)?! ;)

Kudos to ANT1 for the quick reply! :tup:

Well if one of the Greek channels ___ that is on Directv decides not to negotiate with Tafsports because of the enormous price that they are asking for the super league games. Then i see Antenna negotiating with TafSport for the super league games at lower price.

P/S You all better get Directv

DKSat

Obviously it is all up in the air right now. Alpha Sat could be a possibility. They currently play some limited soccer matches. But then again, I don't think Alpha would shell out that kind of money, especially for Alpha Sat. Mega Cosmos is another possibility. Mega Channel Greece already shows soccer so why not Mega Cosmos? Then there is also Alter Globe who has a pretty open schedule.

Basically all the channels have a chance. :LOL:

I just hope if it does in fact come to a channel on DirecTV, that ERT World will make the move (ideally be on both Dish and DirecTV) so we wont be stuck with 2 different platforms for sports.

If what you posted is true then these guys really are idiots. They are asking broadcasters to pay a premium for the Greek league- ha ha! that's a joke! :LOL: Do they think they have the rights to the EPL or La Liga, its a second tier league. I hope no one gives them what they are asking for, it seems they forget the world is currently in the midst of a great recession.

Well they are obviously in it to make money. I mean that's why they bid in the first place. Hopefully it works out in the end...

HellasHab,

You ask who has the rights to Super League soccer for the International market and i have post the info with all the contacts. What else to you wand? a phone number or free ticket to Greece so you can talk face to face with Tafsport.

Who ever comes up with the cash gets to broadcast the games for the International market it does not make a difference what Greek channel gets the games because they all broadcast Internationally.

P/S You do not have to worry about my cryptic posts any longer this my last post.

DKSat

You ask who has the rights to Super League soccer for the International market and i have post the info with all the contacts. What else to you wand? a phone number or free ticket to Greece so you can talk face to face with Tafsport.

Free ticket eh, thanks man that's very nice of you I could use a holiday :D

I am interested in clear concise information, something like "MEGA Cosmos or Alter Globe will be airing Super League soccer this year", not things like 'Time to get DirecTV'?! If you don't know or can't post details about something for some reason then IMO I would say don't post any info at all. Now some might disagree and may have no problem with the tidbits of information you post but I don't care for such things. Whenever I post any information its backed up by a source so you can verify that its true.

P/S You do not have to worry about my cryptic posts any longer this my last post.

That's too bad, your contributions will be missed. It was not my intention to have anyone leave, this is a discussion forum where we 'discuss' things. Everyone has an opinion and can speak their voice. If you don't like constructive criticism then what can I say?!

I am done with this topic too, time to move on. If I come across any solid info I will post it for the consideration of the other members of the forum.

:gr:

DKSat

That is sad to hear. Your contributions will be missed by me at least. They gave us some idea on what is going on behind the scenes.

I am interested in clear concise information, something like "MEGA Cosmos or Alter Globe will be airing Super League soccer this year", not things like 'Time to get DirecTV'?! If you don't know or can't post details about something for some reason then IMO I would say don't post any info at all. Now some might disagree and may have no problem with the tidbits of information you post but I don't care for such things. Whenever I post any information its backed up by a source so you can verify that its true.

With all do respect, my understanding is that DKSat gets his information from inside sources. So it's hard to post a source for that. That is probably also the reason that his posts on changes usually don't provide details.

Take it easy pal. If DKSat wants leave that's fine. Fact is that the only thing that was asked was some accurate info of at least some substance. DKSat was and still is more than welcome, but if DK wants to leave that's his choice. But as mentioned before, this is a forum to discuss things. Keep the insults to yourself.

very sad. DK was the only one giving us any real info here.

Some faggy habs fan with a smart mouth changed that.

'Real' info huh, well then enjoy because the 'faggy habs fan' is signing off.

DKSat, the road is clear for you to return as my time here is done. Life is short, no sense spending it where you are not appreciated nor wanted. It was fun while it lasted.

Gia Sas Paidia! B)

Re de pate kala.....pareksigiste metaksi sas gia m-a-l-a-k-i-e-s kai xoris logo.Edo eimaste oloi gia na voithisoume emas kai olous tous ellines kai ksenous pou endiaferontai na parakolouthisoun ellinika sport kai tileorasi kai oxi na xorisoume ta xorafia mas.Leitourgima kanetai palikaria alla an to vlepetai san upoxreosi i den mporeitai na sunenoithitai,......ti na sas po....i porta that einai panta anoixti kai den xreaizomaste eksigiseis i sugnomes ama allaksetai gnomi.....mia parea filon eimaste....... :nono:

and they call me crazy re ........... :1eye:

I loved coming to this forum to get the latest breaking news about the Greek sports media. Unfortunately like most Greek forums the mods and administrator tolerate all sorts of situations to get out of hand . Instead of having a good debate or giving constructive criticism, like all nice Greeks do is we insult each other like 2 year old. Ah well.... A Greek is a Greek is a Greek.

DK Sat I hope you do come back, it was a pleasure reading your posts :tup: (cryptic or not ), if not happy trail :angry:

Kala re get out of hand how??? One guy posts something, the next one comments on that, one leaves, yet another calls names, the other one leaves and we let things get out of hand? What is this? Kindergarten?

We are not going to play mind police...

As Crazy said this is a place for friends to discuss things. To help out others, so many Greeks who are otherwise left in the dark can get some useful info. But if we're going to let small irrelevant stuff get between us, and that goes for all of us, then we're going nowhere ...

DKSat and HellasHab, again, you are and always will be welcome. BOTH your information is very much appreciated.

Now no one can make them shake hands and forget about it but guys if you read this either get over yourselves/eachother, PM eachother or leave eachother be and as Crazy said, explanations or apologies: no one needs them. But both of you leaving over this kind of thing is ridiculous, no?

DKSat and HellasHab you had your pissing contest (I don't think anyone here cares who pisses further), now it's time to make up and continue to do what you guys usually do, which is to give us useful and great information. Come back to the forum for all our sakes.

Archived