Phantis Forums

Champions League 2009/10

adonis

Thanks for opening thi Adoni.

The Champions League competition has changed a lot this year. Here is the new competition format

Panathinaikos enters the competition in the third qualifying round, in the "Best-Placed Path".

I found this useful page that lists the seeded teams by round.

Panathinaikos will be seeded in both the 3d and 4th rounds (assuming we advance to the 4th round).

In the 3d qualifying round we will face one of: Sparta Prague, Twente, Dinamo Moscow, Timisoara, Sivasspor.

If we get eliminated, we will enter the Europa League playoffs.

If we qualify for the 4th round, we will face one of: Stuttgart, Fiorentina, Atletico Madrid, Celtic, Anderlecht.

If we get eliminated we will enter the Europa Leauge group stage.

If we qualify, we will play in the Champions league the group stage.

• 4 weeks later...

Ten Cate spoke highly of Maxlelis in his extensive interview http://www.gazzetta.gr/content/view/41262/2/ He is 18 years old and apparently very talented. In the friendly I saw he played RB and did seem mature and skilled. Ten Cate said he is a DM and it's not a bad idea to keep one player young player every year on the squad.

David was send to Flamengo on a one-year loan without the option to buy from what I read. We needed to release the foreign spot he occupied for Leto.

Regarding Cleyton, he is on his way out and he didn't even prepare with the team. He trained in Athens along with Ivan and Mantzios. Ten Cate made up his mind that Cleyton can't help. In his recent interview, Cleyton said that he does not blame Ten Cate and that it was his fault that he didn't do what was needed. He is looking for another team and the only interest so far I read came from Atromitos and maybe Larissa :blink: The guy has bad training habits from what I read.

To me it's interesting that Melissis is included. It seems like they still believe in him despite all the bad performances. They see him every day in training so they should know better. Apparently he is doing something right. Who knows, maybe he will transform himself to a contributor this year.

He is looking for another team and the only interest so far I read came from Atromitos and maybe Larissa  :blink:  The guy has bad training habits from what I read.

nova said that Sivasspor and AEK are also interested.

To me it's interesting that Melissis is included. It seems like they still believe in him despite all the bad performances. They see him every day in training so they should know better. Apparently he is doing something right. Who knows, maybe he will transform himself to a contributor this year.

Well Jaap Stam was horrendous in his first year at Man Utd and look he great he turned out to be, so you never know. :P

Ten Cate spoke highly of Maxlelis in his extensive interview http://www.gazzetta.gr/content/view/41262/2/ He is 18 years old and apparently very talented. In the friendly I saw he played RB and did seem mature and skilled. Ten Cate said he is a DM and it's not a bad idea to keep one player young player every year on the squad.

David was send to Flamengo on a one-year loan without the option to buy from what I read. We needed to release the foreign spot he occupied for Leto.

Regarding Cleyton, he is on his way out and he didn't even prepare with the team. He trained in Athens along with Ivan and Mantzios. Ten Cate made up his mind that Cleyton can't help. In his recent interview, Cleyton said that he does not blame Ten Cate and that it was his fault that he didn't do what was needed. He is looking for another team and the only interest so far I read came from Atromitos and maybe Larissa :blink: The guy has bad training habits from what I read.

Atromitos and Larisa would be very logical.

Atromitos are signing up a storm, and also Donis (Clayton worked close with him) is the head coach. AEL, is his old club. I cant beleive he was such a bust of a signing...He was so good at Kalamaria when I wanted us to go for him, and somehow AEL ended up with him. If he had gone to a bigger club, maybe he would have been a better player today.....

Like Euro said, we play on Tuesday at 9. So far (Monday noon) no channel has bought the rights since the rights owners are asking for 1/4 million for each game (PAO's and Oly's). There is a good chance that the games won't be aired. We'll have to wait until the very last minute to know.

Regarding the game, it's not going to be easy. Sparta is more ready as a team and Panathinaikos showed a mixed bug in the last two friedlies.

Reprots indicate that Ten Cate will play three DMs in a conservative game and will try to score on the counter. With Moon injured, we will see Bjarsmyr as a RB. Christodoulopouls, Mattos, Melissis will sit this one out along with the injured Moon, Roukavina.

Ten Cate likes to come up with a surprise in the lineup every game but I think we will play with:

-------------------Galinovic-----------------

Bjarsmyr---Vintra---Kante----Spyropoulos

--------Katsouranis---Simao---Gilberto---

Salpigidis-------------------------Karagounis

-------------------Cisse-------------------

Like Euro said, we play on Tuesday at 9. So far (Monday noon) no channel has bought the rights since the rights owners are asking for 1/4 million for each game (PAO's and Oly's). There is a good chance that the games won't be aired. We'll have to wait until the very last minute to know.

Regarding the game, it's not going to be easy. Sparta is more ready as a team and Panathinaikos showed a mixed bug in the last two friedlies.

Reprots indicate that Ten Cate will play three DMs in a conservative game and will try to score on the counter. With Moon injured, we will see Bjarsmyr as a RB. Christodoulopouls, Mattos, Melissis will sit this one out along with the injured Moon, Roukavina.

Ten Cate likes to come up with a surprise in the lineup every game but I think we will play with:

-------------------Galinovic-----------------

Bjarsmyr---Vintra---Kante----Spyropoulos

--------Katsouranis---Simao---Gilberto---

Salpigidis-------------------------Karagounis

-------------------Cisse-------------------

Nova bought the rights for both matches! :tup:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived