Phantis Forums

Under-21 European Championship

dark_horse

Who will win the U-21 European Championship?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the U-21 European Championship?

• Sweden
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Germany
    • Belarus
    • Serbia
    • England
    • Finland

22/06/09 Germany 1-1 England, Spain 2-0 Finland

23/06/09 Sweden 3-1 Serbia :nw: :nw: :tup: :tup: , Italy 2-1 Belarus

Sweden are heading to the semifinals!

Italy, Germany, and England are going too.

Heja Sverige! !

I've got a bet on Sweden to win the tournament :whistle: I placed it about a month ago because the partnership of Berg and Toivanen was too good to resist :tup: Who do you support in Sweden Darkhorse?

• 2 weeks later...

England had a tournament overall. The final defeat hits hard on the chin but it was an improvement.

Muamba stands out as the star for England. Lee Cattermole did well.

James Milner penalty taking was puzzling to say the least but he is an amazing talent.

Joe Hart and Micah Richards have gained confidence and this tournament was a bit of fresh air for them after a tough season at City.

• 2 weeks later...

England had a tournament overall. The final defeat hits hard on the chin but it was an improvement.

Muamba stands out as the star for England. Lee Cattermole did well.

James Milner penalty taking was puzzling to say the least but he is an amazing talent.

Joe Hart and Micah Richards have gained confidence and this tournament was a bit of fresh air for them after a tough season at City.

Personally I thought Richards was immense, although I must say i was really impressed with Muamba. Cattermole and Noble were great too. Too many of England's attacking players were poor though. Walcott was rubbish, Agbonlahor was anonymous and Frazier Campbell is simply mediocre. It's a pity England were destroyed in the final, but overall we had a good tournament.

Personally I thought Richards was immense, although I must say i was really impressed with Muamba. Cattermole and Noble were great too. Too many of England's attacking players were poor though. Walcott was rubbish, Agbonlahor was anonymous and Frazier Campbell is simply mediocre. It's a pity England were destroyed in the final, but overall we had a good tournament.

I was also happy to see Joe Hart get some confidence back. His antics during the penalty session in the semi-final were hilarious (what a silly ref though!).

As you said, the forwards were disappointing but Welbeck was injured which has a bit of an issue in the end.

I was also happy to see Joe Hart get some confidence back. His antics during the penalty session in the semi-final were hilarious (what a silly ref though!).

As you said, the forwards were disappointing but Welbeck was injured which has a bit of an issue in the end.

Yeah. With Wellbeck out and Derbyshire too old now it really took a cutting edge off. The future's bright though

Archived