Confederations Cup

drakos13

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 mins into

NZ vs Spain......... 4-0 already.

I really think they should throw away this rubbish confederation. Oceania isnt a continent that should consider its own continental competitions and qualifying. Its a series of New Zealand, Australia (in denial), and tiny micronations with no football. It's a total waste.

Oceanian teams should compete to get representation into the Asian Conference, top 2 go into a playoff with Asian teams to go to the final Asian stage or something. Or, just divide Asia into 2 separate groups, West and East. Its not that difficult for a simply massive continent, but Oceania is now New Zealand (one poor team) and a million micronations - its totally pointless. It's better for Oceanian teams to be in a joint qualifying with Asia. This way New Zealand will get some sort of a reasonable chance too, and at least a grounds for imporvement.

The micronations can bes screened out as part of the preliminary qualifyers to the Asian teams.

East Asia, West Asia. Boom. Nothing difficult at ALL.

Opens up possibillities moreso for Middle East teams, and for East Asian teams to be in their own category ---- just toss in oceania and a subgroup for Asia East, and each zone can be its own conference with the places divided up between the two.

A couple of really entertaining games today. Brazil really do have defensive frailties while Lippi has lost the plot with Italy.

Camoranese, Gattuso and Gilardino have no business in the Italian team. I also find it extraordinary that Rossi and Di Natale aren't starting for the Azzurri. Montolivo should also be featuring more too.

I found it extraordinary that Rossi showed no respect for his country whatsoever after scoring last night. Dont care if the goals were nice. He's American. Dont celebrate in respect of your people and fans.

He's of Italian origin and chose to represent Italy. He scored and celebrated, what's the problem? If Vintra scored against the Czechs, Amanatidis against the Germans, or Vieri against Australia, wouldn't they be expected to celebrate? Don't forget he left the US when he was 13, a child.

Rossi is fighting for a place in the first XI, a place that he deserves because he's miles better than Gilardino. He scored 2 great goals to add to the fantastic strike he had against N.Ireland last week and he's probably earned his spot in the first team. If that's not reason enough to celebrate then I don't know what is. Add to the mix that he was born in N.J. and he probably gets alot of stick from friends that he was celebrating that he got one over on them (what we call "banter" here in the UK). Don't take it to heart, it's not a big deal.

Edited by Euro2004

He's of Italian origin and chose to represent Italy. He scored and celebrated, what's the problem? If Vintra scored against the Czechs, Amanatidis against the Germans, or Vieri against Australia, wouldn't they be expected to celebrate? Don't forget he left the US when he was 13, a child.

Rossi is fighting for a place in the first XI, a place that he deserves because he's miles better than Gilardino. He scored 2 great goals to add to the fantastic strike he had against N.Ireland last week and he's probably earned his spot in the first team. If that's not reason enough to celebrate then I don't know what is. Add to the mix that he was born in N.J. and he probably gets alot of stick from friends that he was celebrating that he got one over on them (what we call "banter" here in the UK). Don't take it to heart, it's not a big deal.

Sorry Euro, you've missed the point.

#1 - This is not about him scoring, or him choosing Italy. It's about him not showing the respect to his home country, and showing total indifference. Nobody can blame him for having to make a choice between Italy and USA, and nobody can blame him for scoring when thats his job. But the one sign of respect and solidarity to his home country and personal origins, he totally rubishes.

We saw Yakin score against Turkey in the Euro - he acted like a pro - the Turks they have respect. He's got two homes.

I'd sure hope Vieri wouldnt celebrate. Not that Vieri is ever going to score a goal again that is. Same with Amanatidis, if he scores against Germany he shouldnt celebrate. It's his home. He's Greek, but also a German. Ethnicity and blood and race are basically illusions anyways.

No matter what "ethnic" you are, you are inevitably a part of your surroundings and upbringings, and they are inevitably a large part of you. Denial of this, is plain lies.

You cant grow up in Australia for example your whole life or even childhood, and then move and say I'm not that at all. Your memories, your associations, will always tell you the truth. I know many people who try to pull this stunt trying to deny associations with their old country especially if its America or "Anglo countries", which many people have quite a long list of ignorances about particularly the young.

You raised in New Jersey your whole life till age 13, you are definitley part American. He's too good to even show some respect to his home? Anything at all? even in the interview afterwards, nothing. He's not Italian. He's Italian American. He'll ALWAYS be Italian-American. I don't blame him if he finds he's more Italian, or that he chose Italy for professional reasons. But, the one (two rather) chance to show some solidarity to his roots, he acts totally indifferent...And of course a player who's from this country thinks about these sort of things before a game.

#2 - leaving at 13 is not really a child. Where he grew up and was born in--- was in USA.

I left home at the same age 13 too and went to another country, which was part of my origins too. If anybody knows thats its utter bull that you can "erase" your sentiment and conceptions of home at that age, its me. I know you don't know me personally, but you can take my word for it. Maybe the reason I am angry is because I have two home countries, and the thought of rubbing it in to the other makes me sick.

#3 hes quite good, its a pity I hate him, because otherwise I'm an Italy fan. He's better than Gilardino. Since Parma, Gilardino has not really impressed. Rossi is a good finisher, but I still prefer Quagliarella over them all.

#4 I seen the UK commentators and they are good, I watched the game on BBC3. I can tell you those guys and other Brits would not take it lightly if Rossi were from London and this happened to England...

I love the referees whenever the Makaronades play, especially against the USA. STRAIGHT red card early in the game for what at best is a yellow.

I also liked the rugby tackle on Landon Donovan in the box. <_<

Onyewu blew it big time with Italy's 3rd goal.

So are we going to be hearing these bumble bee blow horns for the full 90 min. during every single game of the WC2010? Can't they at least throw in some trumpets, sing some Kumba Ya, etc.?

The vuvuzelas are not unnoticed, theyre by far the worst "atmosphere" in the history of the sport. Incredibly annoying. I cant beleive people only noticed it now. Its aslo in every single MLS and US based game, unbearable to watch.

BTW - please dont say "bees" Sound of bees is intimidating, and Bees are cool.

This sounds more like flies around a carcass. :LOL: just awful and irritating. I cant even have the game on in the background, normally I would put a game on and at least listen and glance over at the telly sometimes, but today theres no way in hell I'm going to listen to that crap. Even the British announcers said it was quite irritating. Cheers to them, theyre honest- and right.

Hopefully, violence or fan trouble will break out, people will use their "vuvuzela" as a weapon or projectile, and this can help get them banned.

The other solution to prevent them in USA, is to create a culture of spite for them. Yell at people with vuvuzela's, call them names, boo them, tell them to shutup, so they feel like the minority they are eventually less people will want to have one in the stadium out of embarassment that they should be feeling from being such a tool anyways.

It's quite stupid to have the World Cup in South Africa anyways I realize. A bunch of unheard of cities having stadiums, dangerous country, people need vaccines to go, amidst the mass spread and devlopment of Swine Flu and global economic crisis?

I honestly think this is going to be one of the worst World Cup's yet. Turnout, atmosphere - I even have a feeling that RSA team will not make it through the next round, unless FIFA hooks them up with a fantastic group which is quite possible. I know that they'll be seeded as hosts (which I agree with).

Or, I wouldnt be suprised if they had referee help or corrupiton like Korea in 2002.

The vuvuzelas are not unnoticed, theyre by far the worst "atmosphere" in the history of the sport. Incredibly annoying. I cant beleive people only noticed it now. Its aslo in every single MLS and US based game, unbearable to watch.

BTW - please dont say "bees" Sound of bees is intimidating, and Bees are cool.

I honestly think this is going to be one of the worst World Cup's yet. Turnout, atmosphere - I even have a feeling that RSA team will not make it through the next round, unless FIFA hooks them up with a fantastic group which is quite possible. I know that they'll be seeded as hosts (which I agree with).

Or, I wouldnt be suprised if they had referee help or corrupiton like Korea in 2002.

#4 I seen the UK commentators and they are good, I watched the game on BBC3. I can tell you those guys and other Brits would not take it lightly if Rossi were from London and this happened to England...

I see your point and have understood why you're upset, but in England things like this aren't really an issue. If Kazim Richards scored against England and went nuts nobody would think anything of it. We've had similar examples of English born Carribean players or of the other "home-nations" (Wales, Scotland, N.Ireland) score against England (in other sports too) and go nuts and nobody says anything. It's just not a big deal here.

It's quite stupid to have the World Cup in South Africa anyways I realize. A bunch of unheard of cities having stadiums, dangerous country, people need vaccines to go, amidst the mass spread and devlopment of Swine Flu and global economic crisis?

I totally agree that S.Africa is my least favourite world cup destination so far and I don't think it should have been held there because of the high crime rate. But the crime rate is also very high in Brazil, if Brazil were awarded the world cup would you be against it? Don't forget the tournament was awarded to S.A. way before Swine Flu became an issue. As for vaccines, they don't even exist yet and Swine Flu doesn't understand cultural boundaries, so whether in the UK or S.A. it makes little difference. As for the economic crisis I don't see what that has to do with the WC either. You shouldn't take such an elitist view. In Western Europe the common view is that the worst WC destination in history was the US. They say: "Absolutely no footballing tradition from a people that call it 'soccer' ". I don't share this view because I believe football is a global sport and belongs to everyone, but for this same reason you can't hold a grudge against the South Africans. (I'm being a bit hypocritical though because my little brother (who'll be 18) wants to go to the world cup in S.A. and the family won't let him :whistle: ) So although I sympathise with your view, we have to see the error of our ways! :P

I beg to difer drakos, Oceania deserves a play off and its what they get a play off against asia 5 or south american 5th alternate years. You cant discriminate against small teams in a world cup. if so we should say no to teams like cyprus, goergia, faroe islands and andora.

To be honest Spain would have demolished most european teams the way they played, mostly school boy eras from NZ but Spain at the moment are unstopable - they just beat iraq who played a cowardly 6-4-0 . im sure cyprus or leichtenstein would have copped a good 4 or 5-0. the fact is NZ has so few mega talented players when one key man is out the team is seriously hurt...basically we have no depth especially in the defense with no ryan nelson we are screwed....theres a reason he gets paid $8 million by rovers.

The real competition is the Euro for European nations, do we really care about the WC?? i mean it would be loverly for Greece to win it but iv always seen the WC like the olympics.

When NZ qualified in 82 they set numerous records for being undefeated and set the highest score in a WC qualifier at the time 13-0 V Fiji. ALSO NZ NETTED 2 GOALS at the WC

mark my words NZ will win a game this confeds cup!!! LEO the GREEK BERTOS will score the easiest most ludacris goal to beat iraq 1-0!!!! i had a dream about it!!!!!!! hahahaha

enjoy the matches lads

Edited by PAO_OR_DEATH

I beg to difer drakos, Oceania deserves a play off and its what they get a play off against asia 5 or south american 5th alternate years. You cant discriminate against small teams in a world cup. if so we should say no to teams like cyprus, goergia, faroe islands and andora.

To be honest Spain would have demolished most european teams the way they played, mostly school boy eras from NZ but Spain at the moment are unstopable - they just beat iraq who played a cowardly 6-4-0 . im sure cyprus or leichtenstein would have copped a good 4 or 5-0. the fact is NZ has so few mega talented players when one key man is out the team is seriously hurt...basically we have no depth especially in the defense with no ryan nelson we are screwed....theres a reason he gets paid $8 million by rovers. 

The real competition is the Euro for European nations, do we really care about the WC?? i mean it would be loverly for Greece to win it but iv always seen the WC like the olympics.

When NZ qualified in 82 they set numerous records for being undefeated and set the highest score in a WC qualifier at the time 13-0 V Fiji. ALSO NZ NETTED 2 GOALS at the WC

mark my words NZ will win a game this confeds cup!!! LEO the GREEK BERTOS will score the easiest most ludacris goal to beat iraq 1-0!!!! i had a dream about it!!!!!!! hahahaha

enjoy the matches lads

thats not what im tryin to say; I'm not suggesting discrimination at all.

Oceania is not a continent, and never will be. I'm not hating on New Zealand. Hell to be honest, New Zealand would be much better off in a new system, the competition will utlimatley make them improve on domestic and interntational level.

Spain was not showing brilliance and thats why NZ lost - they took it easy and did what they had to do--- New Zealand were simply that bad. Even Del Bosque said that they made it quite easy for Spain. No, not most Europeans teams would have lost 5-0 - thats delusional mate. The left wing was eaten alive with no effort, defeders lost everywhere, and when you screw up and give free chances to Spain for 90 mins like that, theyll hit 5. European teams or decent teams will offer much more dificult. Even Iraq held them to 1-0 today. Spain is still a Champion team, and top team - but the 5-0 on that day was all about New Zealand's simply horrible play.

What I'm saying is: FIFA needs to quit the BS. It's about time, somebody thought of redefining this laughable excuse for "conferences" particularly regarding Asia, and Oceania.

The fact that there is an entire conference, for several dozens of micronations with football teams in the amateur level plus New Zealand who is a mediocre intl side, is an utter joke. Its not an offence agains NZ. the region is just not worthy of its own FIFA conference.

The fact that teams like Lebanon are eligible to play Japan and Indonesia is the stupidest thing in the world. Its the most obvious thing in the world, that basing FIFA Conferences PURELY on geographical technicalities, with obvious exceptions for westernized nations who bitch a lot and have influence, is a total joke.

Lebanon is Asia, Kazakhstan is Europe? :LOL:

Australia is Asia? :LOL: - the same continent as Jordan :LOL:

Israel is Europe, Palestine is Asia :LOL:

Then theres Oceania with 10 countries. 9 of them are utterly worthless, and have no realistic prospects for developing decent football, small populations, no domestic market, other priorities and industries etc. They should always be given their chance to compete. But they do not constitute its own "continent", nor do they have any business being regarded as a contintental tournament.

If you define by geographic technicalities, and then allow for obvious inconsistenies- you get quite stupid groupings. And, thats exactly what FIFA (the idiot overlords of football) have done.

I beleive every single country on earth deserves a chance for the WC. Even Vanuatu. Thats why many continents have preliminary phases to qualifyers, to give all teams a chance to progress on.

I'm not suggesting leave them out. I'm suggesting disbanding the pathetic idea of an "Oceania" conference consiting of micronations, and an Oceania Cup, which is going to be won by New Zealand for the next 250 years with little effort.

The answer is easy. West Asia, East Asia------ Its totally ridiculous teams like Iran are travelling to Korea. Theyre worlds apart in every sense.

1- Split the qualifications spots and conferneces. This way no disadvantage is brought to anyone.

2- integrate Oceanian teams into the Eastern bracket. New Zealand, like Australia, will compete against teams like China, Laos, Korea, for a WC spot. Micronations, get equal opportunity to compete in the preliminary phases.

3- Practicality acheived - Exact same amount of conferences and WC spots.

Each Asia conference can be represented independently. If naming is such a big issue, be like Middle & West Asia Conf, and East Asian and Oceania Conf.

Its quite obvious the two regions are NOT the same. Many of these countries didnt know those lands even existed before a few hundred years ago. Culture, Language, and regional identities are total opposites.

Edited by drakos13

I have to agree that the "Asian" conference makes no sense. When I think of people from the Middle East, I don't think of China, Korea, Japan, etc. When I think of Asians or at least Orientals, I don't think Lebanese, Iraqi, Palestinians, etc. These people simply do not belong in the same conference. The only exception I can see is placing Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania nations in an East Asia conference for practical reasons.

Otherwise, the Middle East and the Far East are worlds apart. Watching Iraq play S. Korea is more like watching a world cup game rather than a qualifier.

The whole point of creating conferences in the world is to have a balance of nations that represent their area of planet earth. By separating West and East Asia into their own conferences, you are more likely to get a balance of countries that represent their regions (e.g. Iraq and Iran represents Middle Eastern nations and Japan and S. Korea represents the Eastern Asian nations).

I totally agree that S.Africa is my least favourite world cup destination so far and I don't think it should have been held there because of the high crime rate. But the crime rate is also very high in Brazil, if Brazil were awarded the world cup would you be against it? Don't forget the tournament was awarded to S.A. way before Swine Flu became an issue. As for vaccines, they don't even exist yet and Swine Flu doesn't understand cultural boundaries, so whether in the UK or S.A. it makes little difference. As for the economic crisis I don't see what that has to do with the WC either. You shouldn't take such an elitist view. In Western Europe the common view is that the worst WC destination in history was the US. They say: "Absolutely no footballing tradition from a people that call it 'soccer' ". I don't share this view because I believe football is a global sport and belongs to everyone, but for this same reason you can't hold a grudge against the South Africans. (I'm being a bit hypocritical though because my little brother (who'll be 18) wants to go to the world cup in S.A. and the family won't let him :whistle: ) So although I sympathise with your view, we have to see the error of our ways! :P

First I can clarify:

Vaccines I didnt mean Swine Flu, I mean general vaccines and health requirements for going to Africa. There are quite serious reasons why people who have been to Africa are not allowed to give blood, for example. And AIDS comes from Africa.

Its nothing against Africa, but, we know that biologically -its a competitve environment. They have all sorts of things that can kill you living in Africa, and diseases. My point about Swine flu meant to be that the real concerns for Swine Flu, is that it evolves. And cmon......everything in Africa is way more dangerous. Its kind of funny but kind of serious.

I mean think about it:

African Bees?

European Bees? :LOL:

African strain of Swine Flu

North American strain of Swine Flu.

Its completley nothing to do with people or culture, it just seems that everything/virus/organism evolved down there is always way more lethal than its equivalents in the northern hemisphere. My paranoia is that Swine Flu could turn more lethal when introduced and spread and grown in the African environment. No, I'm no biologist or having any expertise this is a totally minor point,but Its always a possibility, I mean think about it - the bad stuff always comes from Africa (organisms/animals/insects, no this is not talking about people)

As for common view being USA is the worst location, I think thats total nosnense. I have never, ever heard that before and I am living in Western Europe. It sounds like something a quite ignorant Briton would say to be honest, because the emphasis is on the English word for the sport "debate" even though nobody cares

USA was the most succesful world cup in history according to attendance. If you think about it, USA is quite easily one of the best possible host countries. Not only infrastructure, MEGA stadiums already in place, but its quite an international country. Its historic origins are simply vast and largely ignored and scoffed by the Europeans, who still cannot understand that they are possibly more ignorant about the United States, than your average American is about them. Since the 94 world cup, the country is dramatically been more interested in the sport --- attendances would smash any records the world has seen with ease when we get it back in 2018 or 2022. People sold out at abnormal prices just to see European clubs wank on MLS teams.

So what if US calls it soccer. Its just the word for the game, its origins are from Ireland anyways, USA has a lot of Irish heritage and influences in folk culture even.

Italy does not say football In Italy it's called calcio. Not "pallapeide" (football). And they hosted it before in 90.

Anyways - I just have a feeling RSA is going to be a bad one. Obviously they have the right to host a tournament, I agree completley. They are still, not a great candidate. As for the crisis, not its not their fault, but it could greatly hurt turnout. But these events can help the country in the future at least. The least thing they can do as good hosts, is make it safe, and ban those awful plastic horns "vuvuzelas" for non South African matches. Thats all I really want from them and its asking nothing.

Those Vuvuzelas are the worst thing RSA has produced since Apartheid. :P

Personally, I would not go to RSA, MAYBE if I had tickets to see Greece and they were in. To travel all the way to South Africa, a country I don't want to be in, African heat, not being able to go out at night in the cities, having to stay 90mins with those stupid plastic horns, it sounds like a serious hassle.

True, Brazil is also dangerous. But something about Brazil we all love...I'd totally go to the one in Brazil. It's going to be magnificent, we know they have a beautiful culture and tradition in football stadiums, fantastic food, beautiful girls, beaches . Crime will be a problem. But, with so many other tourists, all I have to do is not be stupider and naive as them, and I can be quite good at that :) I would definitley be willing to break the bank to be a part of that WC.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jun/1...ica-rape-survey

A quarter of men in South Africa admit RAPE  :o

Although I really disagree with alot of the points you've made, I am in strong agreement with you regarding the crime rate. It's just way too dangerous to host such a major tournament. I just don't know how they can guarantee the safety of the public when you read s%$#! like the above! It is truly sickening.

By the way, did you know there's a law in S.A. that states: women are allowed to run a red light because of the danger of being car-jacked and raped in the process! :huh: They've aslo invented a "vagina-trap" to castrate rapists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-rape_female_condom

They've also invented a car with a flame-thrower on the side of cars to prevent car-jackings and rape. I mean who needs a Bat-Mobile when you can have this!:

:ph34r: I want one of these!

Edited by Euro2004

ok i'll tell you a funny story, one of those moments of briliance by a member of the public;

I was in the centre of Wellington NZ when the rugby 7s world curcit was on and there was a south African fan (a true Yarpie) shouting YES WORLD CHAMPIONS SOUTH AFRICA!!! WE ARE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- and before you knew it a bloke on the other side of the road yelled out

YEA IN RAPE AND MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...that shut the yarpie up.....

i couldnt stop laughing, one of the funniest calls from a random I have ever heard.

I think SA was meant to have the 2006 WC but there was some unde the table BS from the people who decide the final hosts, in fact to make NZ more unfavourable i think ONE of them was the NZ official.....

I think it will be fine....the usuall fifa rigging will go on, england will lose in the 1/4s by penalties, SA will make the semis and NEW ZEALAND and GREECE will loose all their games, ALSO Im sure the SA government will sweep aside all the "poor and shanty town" people and give the world a false view on what SA is actually like just like any nation who'll hold it. I mean brazil is up in 2016 isnt it??? they are basically as bad as each other arent they?? I mean no offense here but the crime rate in RIO is up there with SA im sure

17 mins into

NZ vs Spain......... 4-0 already.

I really think they should throw away this rubbish confederation. Oceania isnt a continent that should consider its own continental competitions and qualifying. Its a series of New Zealand, Australia (in denial), and tiny micronations with no football. It's a total waste.

Oceanian teams should compete to get representation into the Asian Conference, top 2 go into a playoff with Asian teams to go to the final Asian stage or something. Or, just divide Asia into 2 separate groups, West and East. Its not that difficult for a simply massive continent, but Oceania is now New Zealand (one poor team) and a million micronations - its totally pointless. It's better for Oceanian teams to be in a joint qualifying with Asia. This way New Zealand will get some sort of a reasonable chance too, and at least a grounds for imporvement.

The micronations can bes screened out as part of the preliminary qualifyers to the Asian teams.

East Asia, West Asia. Boom. Nothing difficult at ALL.

Opens up possibillities moreso for Middle East teams, and for East Asian teams to be in their own category ---- just toss in oceania and a subgroup for Asia East, and each zone can be its own conference with the places divided up between the two.

Hi Greg not sure if you know this but Australia with drew from Oceania and joined the Asian Confederation.

Australia was one of the first teams to qualify for South Africa 2010.

We topped our group :tup:

01 Australia 8 11 20

02 Japan 8 5 15

03 Bahrain 8 -2 10

04 Qatar 8 -9 6

05 Uzbekistan 8 -5 4

If Greece make the World Cup i might make the trek to SA as i have relatives there.

There is a decent sized Greek community in South Africa and even a Greek was playing for South Africa by the name of George Koumantarakis

If Greece make it i will support them along with Australia :gr:

Edited by XXX-18T

not sure if you know this but Australia with drew from Oceania and joined the Asian Confederation.

Oh I know. That really furthers my point, that the idea of a Oceania conference is a total joke. Even if there IS decent team capable of qualifying through their system - they still will leave.

I think Australia (I hope) was granted Asia because of their league and club football was basically uncontested. This whole unconstested thing is a frequent them in Oceania. Take the Asia conference and split it into 2 (practical beyond beleif), and disband the absolutley worthless Oceania conference. Place the Oceania teams, into EAST ASIA, Australia would obvioulsy fit into the same category as the rest of of Oceania-region.

Syria, and Australia are nowhere near the same continent, same land, same region, same people, ANYTHING. The two countries have no business being classified in the same conference is what I am saying.

There should be a conference specifically for the East Asians, and the West Asians. Theyre so obviously worlds apart.

Instead, genius FIFA keeps Asia's definition as the ENTIRE massive continent which we all know are not considered the same parts of the world by any frikking means. The fact they make a completly oversized impractical defintiion of Asia, wihle keeping the more or less USELES conferderation of Oceania, is a laughing stock. Before it at least had Australia in it. Now without even Australia, its a total disgrace that its given its own conference, while countries teams like North Korea are matched up against other universe located Bahrain. It's whats best for all Asia. You should be playing your region. People who are defining the region by a technicality are absolutley hopeless individuals.

It's quite clear, they have their heads up their asses. Australia has the correct idea of being in Asia. FIFA is retarted for not realizing the problems though. Instead of fixing the problems, they just allowed Australia into Asia which has ridiuclous concept of a conference already. The problem was not Australia "being too big" ---- it was the conference was too stupidly defined. New Zaeland should be in Asia too. So should the micronations. And the Asia conference should be divided into realistic proportions, and the 1 playoff spot Oceania has should be allocated to one of the Asia's runner up. The whole conference needs disbandment, its a joke. They can still be represented, and more accurately represented in an East Asia conference.

Idk about splitting West and East Asia, but I like dissolving Oceania.

Nothing like Brazil and Italy to provide some humble pie for the USA this tournament. NZ has shown me they will not beat whoever wins Saudi Arabia-Bahrain. South Africa look ok but they have a long way to go.

Egypt-Italy is on ESPN2 here, and unless something changes Egypt is primed for the upset here

Egypt was not nearly as good as they were against Brazil but they still had something in the tank to beat a very very sub-standard Italy 1-0...

It's absolutely horrifying to think that this Italian team won the World Cup with very much the same display (plus more theatrics) three years ago...

I'm going to disagree. The Italians 3 years ago played much better than they do now. This is not the same, or even a similar display at all