Phantis Forums

WC Qualifier: Cyprus-Montenegro

Omonoia9

After dropping a friendly to Canada, the Cyprus NT will once again use Antonis Papadopoulos in Larnaca as a home, but this time it's not a friendly. Montenegro, Europe's newest country comes to town. Can Cyprus do it?

This one should be in the win column for Cyprus: There's the home crowd, the weather and the fact that Cypriot football is better, however, we all know there can be a difference between theory and practice. Concentration is needed and the goals will come! :)

This one should be in the win column for Cyprus: There's the home crowd, the weather and the fact that Cypriot football is better, however, we all know there can be a difference between theory and practice. Concentration is needed and the goals will come! :)

They do have some excellent players though: Jovetic (Fiorentina), Vucinic (Roma), Boskovic (Rapid Wien), and Vuckevic (Sporting Lisbon) and they're a good "team" too. They lack experience but if they were playing together for more years and had a familiarity about them then they'd have had a fair chance of grabbing that 2nd spot. So we have to be at our best: no Georgia or Canada type performances and for once we have to be clinical with our finishing. If we manage a win and Ireland don't win our faint hopes stay alive.

Yea, I'm not looking for them to do much, after losing to Canada, bleh. But keep the faith I guess

PAME KYPRO! :nw:

Cyprus XI

16 Giorgallidis

2 Christou

3 Charalmabous

7 Aloneftis

8 Ilia

9 Okkas©

11 Konstantinou

12 Makridis

13 Michael

14 Garpozis

15 M. Nikolaou

Montenegro XI

12 Poleksic

2 Dzudovic

4 Pavicevic

5 Batak

6 Tansijevic

7 Vujovic

8 Kascelan

9 Vucinic ©

13 Novakovic

16 Pejovic

18 Drincic

Ok now it is the 72nd minute, and my slowass cpu has allowed me to catch up

Satsias IN

Garpozis OUT

Cyprus leads 2-1

Only 2 Cypriot players have yellows, but they are Okkas and Konstantinou. 3 MNE players have yellows. Each manager can make one more change

They really should televise these games in Greece. Theres nothing else, I mean the Albanian league and NT gets better coverage than Cyprus. Supersport 1 is showing Albania-Portugal tonight, and with Supersport having like 8 other channels, its amazing theyre showing none of the other Intl football or ever Cyprus NT.

(I know theres a lot of immigrants, but come on seriously now)

They really should televise these games in Greece. Theres nothing else, I mean the Albanian league and NT gets better coverage than Cyprus. Supersport 1 is showing Albania-Portugal tonight, and with Supersport having like 8 other channels, its amazing theyre showing none of the other Intl football or ever Cyprus NT.

Really? Well that goes to show you how many Albanians there are in Greece. As the great Greek-American comedian Basile said when performing live at my church to a xeni, "let me teach you some Greek, the Greek word for Mexican is alvanos"

80 minutes gone in Larnaca. Cyprus led 2-0 at the half, but a 34th minute injury to Antonis Giorgallidis, has forced APOEL backup Mixalis Morfis to come off the bench. Morfis, APOEL's longtime keeper lost his spot to former AEK keeper Dionysis Xiotis. Speaking of coming off the bench, Montengro's Dejan Damjanovic did just that and scored twice.

Last change for Anastasiadis

Charalambidis IN

M. Nikolaou OUT

Clock hits 90. I think we've blown a wonderful opportunity. Prove me wrong, let's get the late winner

Yellow on Makridis

Cyprus 2-2 Montenegro FT

And without having seen the goals, how much of this is Morfis's fault? Had you told me yesterday this would be a draw I'd be ok with it, but not like this

Really? Well that goes to show you how many Albanians there are in Greece. As the great Greek-American comedian Basile said when performing live at my church to a xeni, "let me teach you some Greek, the Greek word for Mexican is alvanos"
yeah i mean supersport is a mega tv network, and shows Albanian league on their alternate channels. I dont think they show the Cypriot one....

cant beleive Cyprus blew this......

Archived