Phantis Forums

Aris Transfer News

Euro2004

Hi gents. Hope you're all well.

I'd heard that Aris are very close to signing Smolarek from Racing Santander (on loan at Bolton). Then I'd heard it was off, and now i've heard it's back on, etc. Can someone shed any light on what's going on? Thanks

Guest gikel

Hi! On Sunday Aris is going to have a new board. He has made an agreement with Ebi. His sign will confirm the deal..

Hi! On Sunday Aris is going to have a new board. He has made an agreement with Ebi. His sign will confirm the deal..

Thanks. He's a brilliant player and for Aris he could prove to be one of the signings of the season. I still think Aris needs a right winger and a big target man though

• 5 weeks later...

How about Aris making it a great transfer period with three quality signings. Gracian (spelling?) Nafti and Abreu. So far I think they have had the best transfer period of all teams in regards to filling need and talent. I glad Aris is bringing talent in as it will make for better Super League competition next year, hopefully.

How about Aris making it a great transfer period with three quality signings. Gracian (spelling?) Nafti and Abreu. So far I think they have had the best transfer period of all teams in regards to filling need and talent. I glad Aris is bringing talent in as it will make for better Super League competition next year, hopefully.

I agree. They've also signed Vitolo was a key loss though and although Nafti is good player he has alot of work to do to fill the void.

• 6 months later...

Aris have signed for U.S. internationals, Eddie Johnson (from Fulham), Freddy Adu (from Benfica on loan for 18 months).

Eddie Johnson is really fast, Adu is tricky and was considered a wonder kid for years. He's still only 20 and turned down Hull City to sign for Aris.

Both have signed in a bid to impress the U.S. National Team Coach in the hope of making the World Cup. Let's hope they succeed.

Johnson is fast, but is severley lacking in skill esp finishing......

his whole stay in Europe has been a failure.....here for 3-4 years at fulham, and all he has to show for it are 2 goals in the English second division...

I don't see him making an impact at all, much like his time at Cardiff or anywhere else, I'd be shocked if he was good enough to play for Aris with these players and over Campora, Calvo, Koke etc..

as for US internationals....well, not anymore really..

Edited by drakos13

• 8 years later...